Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What a Sorry Football Weekend!

18Manning

At least most of it was for me. Not only did the Colts lose, but they lost to a Georgia college QB. I have nothing against Georgia college QB's except that my father might like a team ONLY because the QB is associated with Georgia is some way. He will even root against my home team if the opposing team's QB is tied to Georgia. My dad is a big-time Georgia homer. EVERYTHING in or from Georgia is the best in the world! I'm sure he was snickering at the Colts loss. Also, NE won! Another big disappointment for me. Atleast a team I followed and rooted for last season, Denver, won and beat a team I can't stand. Not much of a statement here, just venting as I'll have to listen to my father's bologna. LOL, Atlanta lost by a larger margin than the Colts, so maybe he won't bother me.

Yeah the Colts losing on a last FG really ruined my night. A wasted 385 Yard passing game with 4 TD's is tough to take! After that great comeback just to let the Lions march down the field in 30 seconds to kick a FG was frustrating. Then the Pats won in Arizona without Brady and Gronk, that was the cherry on top for me. I pretty much went to bed on that one and shut everything down. So it wasn't good for me either overall. I was glad to see Carolina lose Thursday because I didn't see that coming + I am not a Cam fan and was glad to see the Jags lose as well because the media have kissed the rear end all summer so at least I had that! Jags are 0-1 like us so we didn't lose any ground to them. The Texans schedule will get tougher so we will see how they pan out.

My father just called only 15 minutes ago to talk about this weekends games. He said "what about that Matt Stafford...". I should have let it go at that, but I offered up the excuse "but he was playing against a bunch of back-ups". Technically, that's no excuse, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

My dad is a Diehard Steelers fan...imagine that. Imagine the passion that an Argentine Soccer fan has for soccer but bring it over to America and give it to a Steelers Fan. Very annoying since the Steelers have been our daddies for as long as I can remember. 

Although I'm just as passionate for our beloved Colts...es un sentimiento no puedo parar

5 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I was so mad yesterday, holy crap. But it's only one game

I know I went from a complete high to a complete low in 37 seconds (no pun intended). Even when we did score to go up 35-34 and once I calmed down from jubilation I realized there were 37 seconds left so I still was nervous and it was for good reason.

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

let's forget that the past weekend happened.

Colts plus fantasy football reasons as well. Tyrod Taylor, Todd Gurley, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall and Gary Barnidge all on 1 team in a particular league, felt like throwing up, it was a toilet bowl worthy performance :)

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Colts plus fantasy football reasons as well. Tyrod Taylor, Todd Gurley, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall and Gary Barnidge all on 1 team in a particular league, felt like throwing up, it was a toilet bowl worthy performance :)

I hear ya. I lost both my ff games and Allen was on my money league team...

I dominated my Fantasy Football this week. I have Andrew Luck and he was by far the best player! He gave me 47.50 points. Regarding the weekend being bad, if a person is just a casual Colts fan then the Colts losing probably didn't bother them. There are 3 types of fans - #1the casual fan = a person that likes the team, follows them but when they lose it doesn't bother them and they are usually negative about our chances of winning. #2The caring fan = they root hard for the team, they care when the team loses, and they stay pretty positive most of the time. #3The diehard fan = losses absolutely ruin your weekend, you breath and live Colts Football, and stay positive no matter how bad it gets at times, this fan is critical of the team when they are playing bad but in a positive way. I am #3 but there are several people in here that are #1 by reading a lot of their posts.

22 hours ago, 18Manning said:

At least most of it was for me. Not only did the Colts lose, but they lost to a Georgia college QB. I have nothing against Georgia college QB's except that my father might like a team ONLY because the QB is associated with Georgia is some way. He will even root against my home team if the opposing team's QB is tied to Georgia. My dad is a big-time Georgia homer. EVERYTHING in or from Georgia is the best in the world! I'm sure he was snickering at the Colts loss. Also, NE won! Another big disappointment for me. Atleast a team I followed and rooted for last season, Denver, won and beat a team I can't stand. Not much of a statement here, just venting as I'll have to listen to my father's bologna. LOL, Atlanta lost by a larger margin than the Colts, so maybe he won't bother me.

I agree, I was very upset with the Colts lose (defensive production). I live in Savannah Georgia and I could care less about Stafford or any other UGA player in the NFL! lol 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I dominated my Fantasy Football this week. I have Andrew Luck and he was by far the best player! He gave me 47.50 points. Regarding the weekend being bad, if a person is just a casual Colts fan then the Colts losing probably didn't bother them. There are 3 types of fans - #1the casual fan = a person that likes the team, follows them but when they lose it doesn't bother them and they are usually negative about our chances of winning. #2The caring fan = they root hard for the team, they care when the team loses, and they stay pretty positive most of the time. #3The diehard fan = losses absolutely ruin your weekend, you breath and live Colts Football, and stay positive no matter how bad it gets at times, this fan is critical of the team when they are playing bad but in a positive way. I am #3 but there are several people in here that are #1 by reading a lot of their posts.

I used to be #1, but as I've grown older, I've become #2. Having a 2 year old son and getting older in general kinda puts life into perspective. Yeah I was disappointed but it's just a game...for our entertainment. 

1 hour ago, cmgww said:

I used to be #1, but as I've grown older, I've become #2. Having a 2 year old son and getting older in general kinda puts life into perspective. Yeah I was disappointed but it's just a game...for our entertainment. 

Most people are #2 on average, nothing wrong with being #1 actually where losses don't bother someone at all. In order for me to be 1 or 2 I would have to take up another hobby over watching Football. I am all in when I invest my time in rooting for a team. Just how I am built. Like getting in shape, I am either going to build myself up to run 7 miles a day over time once I get in shape or I am not going to exercise at all. It's a waste of time to follow a team if one could care less whether they win or lose, it's a waste of time to exercise unless it gets you in top condition. Running 1 or 2 miles a day doesn't do one no good unless they eat fat free stuff and just want to drink water haha