Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Broncos- Broncos concerned DT may miss time with hip injury

bayone

Demaryius Thomas getting second opinion of MRI on hip injury

Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, who suffered a hip injury Thursday night, underwent an MRI on Friday that now will be sent out for a second opinion, according to league sources.

But there is some concern that Thomas could miss some time, depending on the second opinion.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/demaryius-thomas-opinion-mri-hip-injury/story?id=42010374

According to Denver Post its Thomas that sought the 2nd opinion, when a player seeks it u know the first is bad

https://www.google.com/search?q=Broncos’+Demaryius+Thomas+said+to+seek+second+opinion+on+hip+after+MRI&rlz=1C1CAFB_enUS659US659&oq=Broncos’+Demaryius+Thomas+said+to+seek+second+opinion+on+hip+after+MRI&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

21 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Not too much of a good news our secondary is almost gone....saunders is still a threat with his speed and their other wr (I can't think of his name) has speed too but we must stop their running game to keep it interesting if not it will get ugly

other wide receiver next up is Fowler and he was out for first game, Norwood, Latimer & Taylor have not proved themselves yet

DT is big threat if, he cant go then its less we have to defend and can shift coverage to Sanders more

Agree we are hurt, but dont know how well their QB can take advantage of our  coverage injuries

Was going to make a thread on it but I think the Colts honestly matchup better with Denver than they do Detroit.

1. Denver's offense doesn't try to spread you out and attack your CB's the way Detroit's does. Add in the fact that Demarius Thomas might be out and you're looking at a WR core that should be a little easier to defend, despite all the injuries to the Colts secondary.

2. While the Colts on offense will face a front 7 that is more formidable than Detroit's, the Colts WR's present matchup problems for Denver's CB's that let Kelvin Benjamin have a monster day just last week against Carolina.

3. Luck historically has played well against Denver. Last season, a "lite" version of Chud's spread attack worked well against the Broncos.

Overall, if the Colts attack from the very beginning offensively and NOT wait until the end of the 2nd quarter, they should be able to put enough pressure on the Broncos to keep up scoring wise.

1 minute ago, Restored said:

Was going to make a thread on it but I think the Colts honestly matchup better with Denver than they do Detroit.

1. Denver's offense doesn't try to spread you out and attack your CB's the way Detroit's does. Add in the fact that Demarius Thomas might be out and you're looking at a WR core that should be a little easier to defend, despite all the injuries to the Colts secondary.

2. While the Colts on offense will face a front 7 that is more formidable than Detroit's, the Colts WR's present matchup problems for Denver's CB's that let Kelvin Benjamin have a monster day just last week against Carolina.

3. Luck historically has played well against Denver. Last season, a "lite" version of Chud's spread attack worked well against the Broncos.

Overall, if the Colts attack from the very beginning offensively and NOT wait until the end of the 2nd quarter, they should be able to put enough pressure on the Broncos to keep up scoring wise.

agree , and in first game without Malik , their D interior line couldn't penetrate up the middle allowing QB more time & to step up as needed

Biggest thing against any Kubiak/Shanahan offense is Stop The Run.  If you can do that then it pretty much shuts that entire offense down unless you have a really good passer back there like Elway.   Obviously Simean is not Elway.  I always enjoy playing against a Kubiak offense.  We've got a lot of experience and familiarity playing against this scheme and we usually always do well against it.  Now we are facing some different circumstances this time with all these backup players we are playing with though.   I do expect we will get some of the communication issues fixed with another week of this group being together.  Hopefully we can get Henry Anderson and Geathers back this week.  Also shoring up the tackling and assignment issues.  I feel if we can play around 50 to 75 percent better than we played against Detroit we can beat Denver.

38 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

If we had Vontae back he could shut down DT.  Not confident about our defense being able to stop them.

Cromartie would shut DT down.  Not worried, more concerned about the linebackers and the safety depth right now.  Also the tackling and missed assignments.

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

We are gong to get beat by Denver  anyway as long as the defense isn't good. That defense isn't going to help us beat anyone this year and that's the truth.

Well fine!  Watch the game by yourself.  I'll be watching with the people who think we can win......

The Denver game is a must win because we cant go 0-2. Teams that start 0-2 have a low % of making the Playoffs and the Texans are a 9 or 10 win team as well IMO. To make up for yesterdays loss we need to beat Denver and Hopefully the Chiefs beat the Texans - that would be a nice weekend wouldn't it? Most in the media had us 1-1 through 2 games anyway with us beating the Lions but losing to the Broncos. Andrew looked very down during his post game interview. I hope he isn't getting frustrated with the lack of Defensive help he has had or had yesterday. He would probably never say so publicly but he didn't look happy at all in his Post game presser.