Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giant Fans Think Eli More Clutch Than Peyton

JimJaime

On their board, and a rather nice bunch, but I feel so odd DEFENDING Peyton. I even had one call me a colt fan with blue glasses on.. (and my screen name is PatsfanNH lol) But ya I love the CLUTCH argument he has won ONE SB, and arguably has a better D than his brother ever could dream about lol.

I just find this Eli > Peyton talk shocking and absolutely insane.

I figured after this year with our team completely tanking because they did not have Manning to carry them that it would open everyones eyes to how great Peyton really is.

Peyton has never had a defense that even compares to the Giants defense during Eli's time there. Heck the one time Peyton got a defense to actually play the thing called defense we won a Super Bowl.

Everytime I hear people compare the Manning's its always records, but the game is a team game and when your QB has to carry his team and is the main reason why they win 10+ games every season then to me that is more of a testament to greatness then anything.

A guy can only do so much especailly when you get to the playoffs when you are playing the cream of the crop. At some time you need more help and Peyton just has not had the help as guys like Eli and Brady.

The only one I want to hear about in comparison is Brady. What he has done these past few years with absolutely no threat on the outside on offense is amazing. His offense is just chugging along with two TEs and a slot WR has his primary targets.

I figured after this year with our team completely tanking because they did not have Manning to carry them that it would open everyones eyes to how great Peyton really is.

Peyton has never had a defense that even compares to the Giants defense during Eli's time there. Heck the one time Peyton got a defense to actually play the thing called defense we won a Super Bowl.

Everytime I hear people compare the Manning's its always records, but the game is a team game and when your QB has to carry his team and is the main reason why they win 10+ games every season then to me that is more of a testament to greatness then anything.

A guy can only do so much especailly when you get to the playoffs when you are playing the cream of the crop. At some time you need more help and Peyton just has not had the help as guys like Eli and Brady.

The only one I want to hear about in comparison is Brady. What he has done these past few years with absolutely no threat on the outside on offense is amazing. His offense is just chugging along with two TEs and a slot WR has his primary targets.

Brady had NO D this year either.. I doubt anyone will argue that fact lol.

Brady had NO D this year either.. I doubt anyone will argue that fact lol.

The fact that BB has some how figured out how to get that defense to produce in these past few weeks is a huge testament to his greatness. Early on this season your defense looked like a total joke out there.

I stil swear that BB sold his soal to the devil so that when in big moments and big games the opposing team goes brain dead. How does Cam Cameron not completely expoit Edelman defending Boldin? I would be going right at Edelman every down and let Boldin have his way with him.

The fact that BB has some how figured out how to get that defense to produce in these past few weeks is a huge testament to his greatness. Early on this season your defense looked like a total joke out there.

I stil swear that BB sold his soal to the devil so that when in big moments and big games the opposing team goes brain dead. How does Cam Cameron not completely expoit Edelman defending Boldin? I would be going right at Edelman every down and let Boldin have his way with him.

I agree on ALL counts (except the soul selling lol) I have to say edelman has improved a LOT as CB he is close but just a little behind the play still. But I agree him on Boldin what was Cameron thinking not throwing it to him..

The thing is prior to this year, Eli was up and down, but always got better in the clutch. You'd feel more comfortable with Eli in the 2 minute drill than any other time of the game. Peyton was always consistently good, so the difference in the clutch isn't as obvious. This year, Eli has been more Peyton like.

But, you can't say Eli isn't clutch. His stats rise on 3rd down, in the 4th q, and in the last 2 minutes of either half.

well said

I (abeit the only one) still support our D as being above average since game 3. They've been lights out the last 2 playoff games but they did the JOB during reg season. True it took a great offense to make sure it was not all on the D's shoulders but the D made plays when it mattered, held the leads,got plus turnovers,decent redzone defense, and did not lose a game (save 1st Buffalo game) that the offense handed them.

Last in rankings based on yards never had any bearing.

The one thing I saw since game 3 was they could play 60 min and had the depth to physically be there in the 4th qtr even with injuries.

They weren't dominant but they won.

On their board, and a rather nice bunch, but I feel so odd DEFENDING Peyton. I even had one call me a colt fan with blue glasses on.. (and my screen name is PatsfanNH lol) But ya I love the CLUTCH argument he has won ONE SB, and arguably has a better D than his brother ever could dream about lol.

No different than fans in Pittsburgh bragging about Ben and his 2 SBs, or Pats fans saying Brady is the greatest ever. Or us saying Peyton is the GOAT.

If you haven't noticed, most fans are decidedly biased.

At this very moment, I think Eli is playing better than Peyton is right now.

I would hope so, considering Peyton has been recovering all year. Look at Peyton's stats though last time he played a full season. Eli can't compare to those and i think peyton has 35+ 4th qtr comebacks so far in his career, maybe more. Not sure of an exact number. I love when people try to argue with me Big Ben is better then Eli because of the rings if peyton had big bens defense, don't know how many rings he would have by now. If eli wins you will hear the same argument from crazy giant fans.

Eli has gotten alot better...when he wins the super bowl next week he would still need to spend the rest of his career playing at the same level if not higher...and after the dust settles..Peyton will still be better..Eli had better teams to work with..I would give Eli the nod and say he has made the top 10 QB playing today..but Peyton is a lock for top 10..prob top 5..QB of all time

you must remember that we "only" had to play Tebow and Flaccco, not the best QBs in the league, so the numbers are down but that is in part to the fact that our competitions is not among the best in the league . . .

Eli is more a clutz than Peyton. I agree with that.

Eli is so elite they almost named him Elite.

Eli though really can be an enigma. I mean, it's tough to predict at times. And then in key moments he will pull out this big play or lucky play and you say OMG out loud.

Eli magic.

Eli for President.

if peyton had eli's defense, he would have won 10 super bowls

To be fair to Eli he has like the 27th ranked D this year and the last ranked run game. This Giant team IMO got healthy at the right time though and are better then these rankings.. They were getting hammered with injuries starting in preseason.

I don't think this was some sort of regular season power house that Eli was riding along with though.

Gotta give Eli credit. He has shown up in a lot of crucial games and moments.

Eli IS more clutch than Peyton. I don't like it...but it is true.

they won't after the Giants lose tonight.They should have been out 2 weeks ago.I hate NY teams,have to go for the Pat's.

I couldn't care less who is more clutch. In the end the overall body of work is what matters.

True, but in the case of Eli, he has won 2/2 SB's by being the epitome of 'clutch'. Dude has ice water for veins.

Is he better than Peyton. No. Is he more effective under great duress in the biggest games? Meh......yes, no, maybe. The fact that we're having this conversation says it all.

Eli is a bad #@%

Look I love Peyton Manning but Eli Manning might have just have had the best "clutch" season in history. I am not sure which one is better but I think if you have a Manning who has the ball with the game on the line you have good shot.

I will say this I do think Eli stays calmer than Peyton does. Peyton seems to panic just a little more. That's just my opinoin though. Frankly if Peyton wasn't a Colt I do think Eli would be my favorite Manning.

I will say this I do think Eli stays calmer than Peyton does. Peyton seems to panic just a little more.

That is what they said when Eli was drafted, that he can tend to be more composed than his older brother Peyton.

Eli is 7-1 in road and neutral site games in the playoffs with a min. of 8 playoff games. Bradshaw is 6-3. Montana is 6-5. Eli stands ahead of them right now. We will see where he ends up. Plus, Eli is doing it the Brady way, winning it early enough in his career and now he has some house money to play with in the media too.

That is what they said when Eli was drafted, that he can tend to be more composed than his older brother Peyton.

Eli is 7-1 in road and neutral site games in the playoffs with a min. of 8 playoff games. Bradshaw is 6-3. Montana is 6-5. Eli stands ahead of them right now. We will see where he ends up. Plus, Eli is doing it the Brady way, winning it early enough in his career and now he has some house money to play with in the media too.

Maybe we have this wrong maybe Eli is going to be the greatest ever lol and Colts fans Pats fans will have to unite to argue that our QBs are better than Eli lol.