Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defensive issues [Merge]

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

I get that..... but 50 yds in 40 secs you don't have to be the 85 bears to prevent that

Happens all the time, especially when you have 3rd string DBs in the game.  

Lets to just hope the O we saw in the second half is the trend.  

3 minutes ago, corgi said:

Umm injuries. Mystery solved. 

Yes, because teams going up and down the field on us is something new in the Grigson era.

One play.  If this defense makes one play at any point in this game, they win the game.  Hold them to a FG just once on any of the 5 TD drives.  Force one turnover... anything.   

New D coordinator.  Basically a new coaching staff.  Same story.  It's the guy supplying the talent. 

Bad tackling all the game, but bright side Sio Moore can play, when we get a healthy secondary the defense is gonna be solid, also next week i can see Anderson, Butler, Geathers, Robinson  playing, and then 5 week from now Vontae Davis the biggest upgrade. 

If we can win 3 games until week 5 we are gonna be fine.

But for God's sake please let Andrew Play , the first two drives were all run.

Something that the Coaching staff must understand is that this Andrew's Team, not running first team, we don't have Marshall Lynch, AP, Gourley, etc., if we start fast we can outscore almost any team.

Well you will not see Arthur Jones until week 5, Hopefully Anderson comes back next week because you are playing in denver and you do need to rotate the front 4 I think ridgeway could be a good player but the lack of pressure from the front four is horrible and the run defense is nowhere to be found. Mathis is a no show watched him during the game he has lost a step and cannot get anywhere near a QB. Bright spot was Moore did good in coverage and pursuit, better hope to get some of this DBs back soon. I hope from what i saw from the offense in the 2nd 3rd and 4th will trend to next week.

I am in the camp that had we had been even remotely healthy in the secondary we probably win this game. We were OUT of backups if I'm not mistaken....if anyone else went down we'd have to put an LB at CB. Guys not even on the roster earlier this week played starting roles today. Stafford is gonna eat that alive, My only hope is that Green and Robinson aren't too badly hurt, and Anderson will be ready by next week. We need more pass rush badly. But even when we did get it, their WRs were really open. And that is a product of street guys playing in starting spots. Same goes for missed tackles to a point. Yes it needs cleaned up. But again, guys who weren't supposed to play might just be a bit rusty....