Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pass protection was great!

cjrulli

14 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Our O-Line is going to be good. I liked what I saw as the game went along.

I like our starters.  I still have some reservations here or there about playing a team that blitzes a lot.  Skys the limit if we handle that well.   Didn't feel Detroit did too much blitzing.  We'll see a lot against the Broncos, but they may back that stuff up if Luck starts skinning them.

"#Colts left side duo of LT Anthony Castonzo and LG Jack Mewhort was particularly strong, allowing just one hit and one hurry combined."

— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) Sep 12, 2016

The #Colts [o-line] allowed just 1 sack and 7 total pressures on 51 passing plays … ranks 4th … so far this week. https://t.co/9az9Lr4hV6

— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) Sep 12, 2016

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah, all three were fouls. I am sure they missed some on the Colts too but the hit on Luck bothered me because weak or not you can't hit the QB like that when they give themselves up, again not so much because it impacted the game, it didn't really, but more so because of principal of the rule which is to protect QBs.

Oliver Luck believes there may be something sinister going on.

Jack played an amazing game. Still looks hurt to me though. Hopefully we can get him rest between plays. Myself personally still have wait until week 3 of this year. We'll know what this team is all about then. More test are ahead for our team. Not just offensively, but our defense as well.

11 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

He's not going anywhere.  Let's see what Morrison can do more.

Honestly Moose did a good job yesterday highlighting on a passing play for a TD,to one of the running backs that DQ was telling Morrison the play was coming right at him and Morrison just couldn't get there.  

I also know several people covering the Colts have pointed out Morrison is more like DQ and not really built to cover.  I know Holder said at one point if you don't like seeing DQ covering tightends you really don't want to see Morrison doing it.

Honestly yesterday showed me just how much we miss Freeman.

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Honestly Moose did a good job yesterday highlighting on a passing play for a TD,to one of the running backs that DQ was telling Morrison the play was coming right at him and Morrison just couldn't get there.  

I also know several people covering the Colts have pointed out Morrison is more like DQ and not really built to cover.  I know Holder said at one point if you don't like seeing DQ covering tightends you really don't want to see Morrison doing it.

Honestly yesterday showed me just how much we miss Freeman.

Not really he is no better with the Bears , maybe when secondary is healthy they can use Geathers in some TE situations , but really don't know the answer . Morrison was pretty good overall for first game. Just think the missed coverage was inexperience. 

Archived