Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pft Report - Pats Scoreboard Had Wrong # Of Downs The Last Three Plays,ravens Cant Ruleout Pats Cheated

the scoreboard at Gillette Stadium showed that it was third down when the Ravens actually faced the fourth down that became a field goal attempt that then became a field goal failure that sent the Patriots to the Super Bowl without having to win the game in overtime.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/if-pats-cheated-rav...

Ravens Kicking Consultant Can’t Rule Out New England Patriots Cheating In AFC Championship

BESIDES ARTICLE IS A PODCAST FROM RADIO

Baltimore Ravens kicking consultant Randy Brown told Angelo Cataldi and The Morning Team today on 94 WIP that the scoreboard in New England was incorrect during that final drive. “The scoreboard was one down behind, the entire last three plays, from what we understand,” Brown said. That caused Billy Cundiff to have to rush on to the field with just seconds left on the play clock to try and make the kick, which he missed.

When Cataldi asked Brown if he thought the Patriots did it it on purpose to gain an advantage, Brown replied, “I don’t think you can rule anything out in New England, can you?

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/01/24/ravens-kicking-consulta...

Here's the end of it:

NFL OFFICIALS keep track of the time and downs.

Funny how ignorant people are about these things.

Haters gotta hate.

(null)

Ravens also always could have used a time out,

was own fault they rushed,

was 1 of a long series of miscues Ravens made

Other Problem with game was Steven Tyler Cant sing the national anthem to well

Right, I was going to mention the time-out, too. They had plenty of chances to call a time-out.

Not to derail this thread, but does anyone else think that there's something slightly wrong with the Harbaugh brothers?

First we had the 49ers head coach with Hand-ShakeGate, acting like a complete jerk.

Then you had the Ravens head coach shoving his own coach on the sideline. The coach was just trying to tell him about the clock.

Here's the end of it:

NFL OFFICIALS keep track of the time and downs.

Funny how ignorant people are about these things.

Haters gotta hate.

(null)

I guess officials only cheat in the NBA and MLB but not the NFL! They are saints! I can't believe how gullible and naive people are! And the Patriots have cheated for years! The NFL is a business that, like every other business, wants to make money. Certain teams will bring in more revenue than others so it would be considered smart business to help those teams win but cheating nonetheless.

I guess officials only cheat in the NBA and MLB but not the NFL! They are saints! I can't believe how gullible and naive people are! And the Patriots have cheated for years! The NFL is a business that, like every other business, wants to make money. Certain teams will bring in more revenue than others so it would be considered smart business to help those teams win but cheating nonetheless.

Oh I'm sure. This was clearly an elaborate plan hatched by the dastardly Bill Belichick and his league lackey, Roger Goodell.

The Patriots somehow knew that the Ravens would be working their way downfield at the end of the game, and in an obviously premeditated move, they schemed to have the coaches on the sideline talk to the guy who runs the scoreboard.

You're right, that's absolutely what happened!

I got my hands on some top-secret documentation from Gillette Stadium that proves it and lists the following super-simple, very believable steps:

1. Make sure game is tight and that we're holding a 3-point lead within the final 2:00.

2. Allow Boldin to catch a pass for an apparent first down, but then use mind control abilities to force him to fumble the ball out of bounds, causing some confusion over the spot.

3. At that point, list the incorrect down on the scoreboard on purpose.

4. Give Ravens a couple more shots at the end zone, and make sure Lee Evans doesn't hang onto catch-able pass.

5. Use mind control powers again to prevent John Harbaugh from calling a timeout, even though they'll still have two left at that point.

6. Use mind control powers YET AGAIN to force Cundiff to shank a field goal that he'll make 95 times out of 100.

7. Win game.

8. Laugh maniacally.

Makes a TON of sense, huh?

BTW, what is a "kicking consultant?"

Is he a guy whose job it would be to practice/train the special teams staff on different game scenarios? Such as how to get out on the field and get organized quickly with the clock ticking?

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coaches/Randy_Brown.aspx

Maybe... just maybe... if Randy Brown was a little more competent, then Cundiff and the kicking team would have been better prepared for that scenario.

I know the Ravens played a great game and in many ways they deserved to win, but I've lost a lot of respect for that organization in the aftermath of this game. For a team that prides itself on being hard-nosed and tough, I've heard nothing but sob stories and tears out of Baltimore this week. Sorry you lost, but next time manage the game right and maybe you'll find that you get different results.

I also realize that the Patriots, through Spygate, have set themselves up for this kind of thing. They only have themselves to blame. But for a "kicking consultant" to open his mouth and make dumb comments like that is something that I hope gets him fired.

BTW, what is a "kicking consultant?"

Is he a guy whose job it would be to practice/train the special teams staff on different game scenarios? Such as how to get out on the field and get organized quickly with the clock ticking?

http://www.baltimore...andy_Brown.aspx

Maybe... just maybe... if Randy Brown was a little more competent, then Cundiff and the kicking team would have been better prepared for that scenario.

I know the Ravens played a great game and in many ways they deserved to win, but I've lost a lot of respect for that organization in the aftermath of this game. For a team that prides itself on being hard-nosed and tough, I've heard nothing but sob stories and tears out of Baltimore this week. Sorry you lost, but next time manage the game right and maybe you'll find that you get different results.

I also realize that the Patriots, through Spygate, have set themselves up for this kind of thing. They only have themselves to blame. But for a "kicking consultant" to open his mouth and make dumb comments like that is something that I hope gets him fired.

Great question, I thought that was Hilarious when read it, and all i could figure its a guy who is to make sure no confusion, call a time out of needed ETC ETC and now says this as maybe is taking flack

Great question, I thought that was Hilarious when read it, and all i could figure its a guy who is to make sure no confusion, call a time out of needed ETC ETC and now says this as maybe is taking flack

From what I have read he is getting threats on his life as well as the 49ers player. Sad to think that a football game could cause players to receive threats.

From what I have read he is getting threats on his life as well as the 49ers player. Sad to think that a football game could cause players to receive threats.

not surprised. same thing happen to the cb of the bills mckelvin in the season opener vs the pats couple years ago when he fumbled the kick return. there are some serious football fans out there.

Really doesn't matter what the scoreboard says...in every single sport players and coaches go by the refs/umps.

Ever see the 2nd baseman hold up fingers for how many outs after an out? He doesn't turn and look at the scoreboard.

Or John Harbaugh could have used that timeout to calm everyone down and get his kicking team out there without feeling rushed.

I am not surpised by that at all. Fans can be real * and take the game way to seriously. How angry fans get is truly frightening at times that they all a game to get them that upset. I love the Colts as much as the next guy, but I am not going to allow a Colts loss or a player scrweing up make me actaulyl want to see bad things happen to them or have my day entirely ruined.

I remeber reading on the boards about how people are in a bad mood all day and people just cannot be around them the rest of the day after a Colts loss. Sometimes I think people need to look at their priorities in their life.

I know williams , the one that fumbled is, THIS IS NOT SCOCCER IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY where they did kill I think was a columbian player few years back after a loss

And this contributes to the discussion how?

NFL officials run the scoreboard.

Not only that, but if you're a football fan, do you actually ever need to look at the SCOREBOARD to know what down it is?

Now try applying that logic to the players and coaches. Of course they knew what down it was.

Right, I was going to mention the time-out, too. They had plenty of chances to call a time-out.

Not to derail this thread, but does anyone else think that there's something slightly wrong with the Harbaugh brothers?

First we had the 49ers head coach with Hand-ShakeGate, acting like a complete jerk.

Then you had the Ravens head coach shoving his own coach on the sideline. The coach was just trying to tell him about the clock.

Lol I noticed the shove too. It didn't look like he meant anything by it, and the other coach didn't look surprised or mad. I think John lets the moment get to him alittle, same for Jim. Jim's facial expressions during the game offered some comic relief.

Looks like Harbaugh himself definitively debunked this whole situation yesterday:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82652f3b/article/harbaugh-insists-scoreboard-error-didnt-cost-ravens-on-kick?module=HP11_cp

"We knew what the down and distance were on our last series," Harbaugh said Wednesday, according to the team's official website. "The scoreboard was not a factor for us. Any suggestion that the wrong down information was a deliberate effort to affect the outcome of the game is nonsense."

Bravo, Coach.

No blood for oil!