Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carolina (-3) @ Denver (9-8-16)

oldunclemark

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Can someone please explain how Cam got hit in the head so many times, but the Broncos only got one flag for it right at the very end?

And what happened with that late penalty for hands to the face by Harris?  Harris grabbed Benjamin's mask and Benjamin grabbed Harris'.  Shouldn't that be offsetting?

I don't understand about the head-to-head.

They didnt want to call it...even on a QB...

Itll be interesting to see how the games are ref'd Sunday

...I actually do like Denver but you cant let QB s get hit in the head like that

Great game for the first game of the season, good thing Cam has a body built by the gods, many other QBs would've been owned that game though not as many QBs run around like a chicken with their heads cut off........

I'm not sure if Cam will be able to take many more games like that and I already DON'T feel comfortable at all seeing Luck play that D, again.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Looks like 10 to me.  And all wins are meaningful in the regular season

yes,yes they are.

everyone got some Cam fantasy points tonight.!

but the team got nothing.

and that front 7 didnt look like they were containing much of anything.

when they go against veteran QBs, it wont be that close.

1 minute ago, BertJones said:

yes,yes they are.

everyone got some Cam fantasy points tonight.!

but the team got nothing.

and that front 7 didnt look like they were containing much of anything.

when they go against veteran QBs, it wont be that close.

That Front-7 for Carolina is real good, Bert...

.....that's the Magnificent-7 up there........

Anderson played a great game...and Denver's O-line is better, right?

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That Front-7 for Carolina is real good, Bert...

.....that's the Magnificent-7 up there........

Anderson played a great game...and Denver's O-line is better, right?

CJ got 92 yrds, a fullback got a TD from deep. The Team got 148 rushing.

Trevor the unproven went 18-26 for 178 yrds ( yes the denver D compensated for 2 ints he threw)

I dont expect Denver to be great this year  but the Panthers dont look great either.

53 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its truly amazing with how reckless Cam plays that hes yet to have a season ending injury yet. He takes some nasty shots every game he plays. I know hes huge for a QB, but one of these days hes gonna get hit and not get back up. 

He got drilled a lot tonight. This game surprised me because I thought a Cam lead Offense would at least be able to beat this Denver team.

6 hours ago, BertJones said:

CJ got 92 yrds, a fullback got a TD from deep. The Team got 148 rushing.

Trevor the unproven went 18-26 for 178 yrds ( yes the denver D compensated for 2 ints he threw)

I dont expect Denver to be great this year  but the Panthers dont look great either.

Denver doesn't look great but they didnt last year either.

they were one old 40-year-old guy away from being the 5th seed..

148 yards rushing isn't much.....Carolina is very good defensively. Outside the 2nd Q, the Panthers didn't move the ball much...  Carolina's 'D' was very good.

The 'fact in evidence' that might not be is: You're still assuming that Siemien is not a good QB.

Therefore, Carolina's 'D' didn't play great

You may prove to be right but I'd wait on Siemien. He is very interesting. I cant really compare him to anyone.

He did some very good things last night.....against some very good defensive players

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver doesn't look great but they didnt last year either.

they were one old 40-year-old guy away from being the 5th seed..

148 yards rushing isn't much.....Carolina is very good defensively. Outside the 2nd Q, the Panthers didn't move the ball much...  Carolina's 'D' was very good.

The 'fact in evidence' that might not be is: You're still assuming that Siemien is not a good QB.

Therefore, Carolina's 'D' didn't play great

You may prove to be right but I'd wait on Siemien. He is very interesting. I cant really compare him to anyone.

He did some very good things last night.....against some very good defensive players

For the first game of the season, I thought this was a very well played football game - on both sides. While not perfect by any means, both teams did a good job of leveraging their strengths and overcoming their weaknesses. It is a testament to good coaching that both teams seemed to play in control and "within themselves". Siemian, at 6'-3", watch those passes over the middle.

Does anyone think Denver would have won with Sanchez? Sieman had a couple of gaffes, but overall played pretty solid. Rookie QB, first game against the defending NFC champs...not too shabby.

As for Cam there were 2-3 blows to the head not called. Which I don't mind, but if refs aren't going to call that I hope they're at least consistent about it this year. QB's are too overprotected.  QBs should be treated like RBs once they tuck the ball and go to run, but cam was in the pocket looking to pass on some of those head hits.

My main takeaway from the game was that Carolina made some very good adjustments on the OL. Cam was taking much shorter drops and not drifting back to those edge rushers. He was staying closer and climbing the pocket a little better. I think that was possible with Denver losing Malik Jackson who had always done a great job of getting a push up the middle. Benjamin is almost impossible to defend in the red zone but their other receivers didn't do much. Cam took way to many punishing hits..some clean some not. With him holding onto the ball and his ability to run and make people miss he was asking for some big hits. Carolina's secondary is suspect. They were very opportunistic last year and just don't have the same playmakers back there this year. Still best team in that division and probably 11-5 overall.

Denver is going to have some ups and downs at qb. I honestly was impressed with how he hung in there and delivered the ball. He has a nice touch on those screens etc...his downfield passing is spotty. Running game MUCH MUCH improved. The OL is totally revamped and looked impressive. Anderson is a hard tackle in space. The defense looked like it will take a few weeks to round into that fierce pass rush but they will be fierce. They are much thinner at LB so an injury there could be devastating. I feel like this team is still a playoff team. Going to have ups and downs as the offense will still be inconsistent...but should be a 10-6 to 11-5 team.

We definitely need to keep that defense honest and have some success running the ball. Play a field position game if needs be. Force Denvers offense to beat us. I don't like they now have like 10 days to prepare for us. Mile high early in the season against a stout defense....with more than a week to rest up and prepare...that's a lot tougher game then it looked a week ago. We need to get healthy fast for that one.

I sure wish Vontae could play next week but I don't think it will happen. Would love to see Davis, Cromartie, and Robinson on the Broncos Wrs. Vontae always punks out Demarious Thomas. Denver never runs real well on us. Wonder if they have Henry Anderson play next week?

I agree with dg alot there. Trevor made alot of illadvised throws but he got away with them. I'm not saying he needs to slow down. I want a fearless qb who always plays to win. I'm saying that a 5 INT game will probably happen this year. Benching him for it will be a huge mistake though.

Cam is tough. I would back off of the relying on his running the ball if I were them, but not try make him into a pocket passer over night. All that will do is send him the way of Kaep. 6 years of running the ball at quarterback is a long time and we've seen how ugly it gets for runners who never improved at passing after so many years.

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I agree with dg alot there. Trevor made alot of illadvised throws but he got away with them. I'm not saying he needs to slow down. I want a fearless qb who always plays to win. I'm saying that a 5 INT game will probably happen this year. Benching him for it will be a huge mistake though.

Cam is tough. I would back off of the relying on his running the ball if I were them, but not try make him into a pocket passer over night. All that will do is send him the way of Kaep. 6 years of running the ball at quarterback is a long time and we've seen how ugly it gets for runners who never improved at passing after so many years.

Cam only needs to keep the ball 2 or 3 times a game to remain dangerous. Honestly he was holding the ball WAY WAY WAY to long last night. Even rolling out he was trying to still make a play and waiting to the last second to throw it. Against some defenses that might work...but those Denver corners are good and his receivers weren't uncovering and that rush...just insane. Throw it into the stands and play another down.

5 INT game....I don't know if that will happen...maybe 4 like Peyton last year lol....but yes he has plenty of mistakes left to make. I'd be surprised he has a clean game this year. Honestly as much as Carolina dominated the first half...they should have been up more...the squandered some chances on offense. Trevor looked fearless out there and cool and calm...that was a good performance. Now...in a few weeks on the road with the crowd noise and teams get some game tapes on this offense....it will get a LOT tougher. Still like his moxie though!

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:00 PM, our_dbs_rock said:

I like how the rules got bend there at the end.  Cam gets hit in the head, is slow to get up, yet there is no concussion protocol.  Really care about the players.

He apparently, didnt have a concussion.

I think were forgetting that just because you take a hit to the head and look wobbly, that doesn't mean you have a concussion..

He did his press conference after the game...They dont let you do that if you have a concussion.

How it looked wasn't how it was....apparently

I dont think we want to start pulling players out because they get hit hard in the head

Linemen get hit in the head every play

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Cam only needs to keep the ball 2 or 3 times a game to remain dangerous. Honestly he was holding the ball WAY WAY WAY to long last night. Even rolling out he was trying to still make a play and waiting to the last second to throw it. Against some defenses that might work...but those Denver corners are good and his receivers weren't uncovering and that rush...just insane. Throw it into the stands and play another down.

5 INT game....I don't know if that will happen...maybe 4 like Peyton last year lol....but yes he has plenty of mistakes left to make. I'd be surprised he has a clean game this year. Honestly as much as Carolina dominated the first half...they should have been up more...the squandered some chances on offense. Trevor looked fearless out there and cool and calm...that was a good performance. Now...in a few weeks on the road with the crowd noise and teams get some game tapes on this offense....it will get a LOT tougher. Still like his moxie though!

Denver makes Cam hesitate.......they confuse a lot of QBs

Cam is like Brett afrve..an ad-lib playmaker

The Broncos and Wade Phillips want QBs to hold the ball and try to make a play..because they cant do it against that secondary and the rush gets them.

Key for Andrew next Sunday.....Make a play quickly..or bail out..

You make a very good point about crowd noise...I think us TV watchers don't realize how tough the crowd makes it on QBs trying to change plays against shape shifting defenses like Denver

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He apparently, didnt have a concussion.

I think were forgetting that just because you take a hit to the head and look wobbly, that doesn't mean you have a concussion..

He did his press conference after the game...They dont let you do that if you have a concussion.

How it looked wasn't how it was....apparently

I dont think we want to start pulling players out because they get hit hard in the head

Linemen get hit in the head every play

ummm.  That is the whole point of the concussion protocol.  Before players would stay in and finish the games after suffering a concussion.  Just because he didn't have one, doesn't mean they knew that during the game.  The whole point of this movement was to improve player safety.  Earlier in the game Brandon Marshall was taken to the locker room and checked out even though he didn't have a concussion.  Are you saying it is OK they disregarded their own policy because it made for a better game due to the timing?