Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Wallace had a better game last week than any other WR besides AJ green.   The Ravens plan on using him a lot.  And a matchup against the Browns is enticing. But if the Ravens are ahead, wallace won't get the targets.

I just think you have safer picks, although he is the hot hand (albeit after one week) with the pretty good matchup.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Narcosys said:

1 points PPR

Starters

RB: D. Murray, D. Woodhead

WR: Allen Robinson, AJ Green

Flex: Mike Wallace

Bench:

RB - Latavius Murray (only real option considering matchups)

WR - Jarvis Landry, M. Sanu, Tajae Sharpe

Stick with what I got or swap out?

I don't usually play PPR so take this with a grain of salt.

I'm not 100% Sold on D Murray getting all of those passes out of the backfield this often, I may be wrong, but after the year he has last season it's hard to get a lot of faith. I'd prolly keep it, but the struggle for me in potentially swapping out for L Murray would be real.

WR are good

Flex, I'm not sure Wallace is going to continue to put up 6+ catch games, I see him as more of a deep threat, maybe 3-4 grabs a game, and I know this can be a huge issue in PPR. Landry is probably the better PPR choice here, I think he should get close to 10 targets weekly, Tajae is a good bench option, I have him too, and I think he starts to break out in a couple weeks as the true threat in the TEN offense.

Hope that helps!

Alright here it goes, in my toilet bowl roster in a league from last week where I played Tyrod Taylor, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Todd Gurley and Gary Barnidge, I made big time changes. Dumped both Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott for Joe Flacco and Brock Osweiler.

QBs: Flacco at Cle, Brock vs KC

RBs: Gurley, Latavius Murray, Arian Foster, Ameer Abdullah

WRs: Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb, Will Fuller, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Wallace

TEs: Antonio Gates, Gary Barnidge

DEF: Eagles

K: Justin Tucker

Yes, I am benching Gurley vs Seahawks and rolling the dice on the bolded. Thoughts on the line up??? I thought I had a decent line up till last week happened.

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Alright here it goes, in my toilet bowl roster in a league from last week where I played Tyrod Taylor, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Todd Gurley and Gary Barnidge, I made big time changes. Dumped both Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott for Joe Flacco and Brock Osweiler.

WRs: Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb, Will Fuller, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Wallace

Yes, I am benching Gurley vs Seahawks and rolling the dice on the bolded. Thoughts on the line up??? I thought I had a decent line up till last week happened.

Gates is a tough decision over Barnidge since McCown loves him.   I can understand the matchup and that Keenan Allen is out for the year,  but still is a tough choice for me.  

Everything else looks spot on. 

I play weekly fantasy football in different leagues, so my lineups change according to the matchups. There are a couple players who I keep on regular basis, though. (Antonio Brown being one of them.)

I would lean toward Big Ben because of the power offense Pittsburgh has. Winston was great last week, but he faces Arizona, which could be  a problem. The thing is: one never knows which side of Arizona will show up.

I have  a problem determining defenses. Last week I had Kansas City, which is suppose to be good, but got me only one point. The matchups sometimes are all out of whack defensively.

Another point: Jack Doyle had the highest fantasy points of all the tight ends. Who had Doyle on their line up? I don't know of anyone. So will his fantasy value increase now?

32 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I play weekly fantasy football in different leagues, so my lineups change according to the matchups. There are a couple players who I keep on regular basis, though. (Antonio Brown being one of them.)

I would lean toward Big Ben because of the power offense Pittsburgh has. Winston was great last week, but he faces Arizona, which could be  a problem. The thing is: one never knows which side of Arizona will show up.

I have  a problem determining defenses. Last week I had Kansas City, which is suppose to be good, but got me only one point. The matchups sometimes are all out of whack defensively.

Another point: Jack Doyle had the highest fantasy points of all the tight ends. Who had Doyle on their line up? I don't know of anyone. So will his fantasy value increase now?

Doyle, only if his looks and snaps increase. If there is 1 more game of a TD plus 5 catches, yes, his value will increase. If he gets just 2 or 3 catches without a TD in the next game, Dwayne will still be the TE with more snaps.

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Benching your number 1 pick in week 2 is too much of an over-reaction. Also, Barnidge earns more points than Gronk with McCown throwing to him (seriously). 

41 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Benching your number 1 pick in week 2 is too much of an over-reaction. Also, Barnidge earns more points than Gronk with McCown throwing to him (seriously). 

I just don't like the Seahawks matchup and they are a better D than SF, they will gang up against the run just like SF did vs Gurley, and are going to be tougher to pass against for Case Keenum.

If the Rams show some offensive efficiency scoring at least 10 plus points vs the Seahawks, I will change my mind in game 3. I think it is time to dip into my depth that I feel will produce just as much with better match ups than Gurley in a bad match up. 

Yeah, I agree about the Barnidge McCown connection, I am well aware of it. However, the Ravens, going back to the 2011 season, there is something about them schematically that does not allow production to TEs.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/research/pointsagainst#pointsAgainst=pointsAgainst%2C%2Fresearch%2Fpointsagainst%3Fposition%3D4%26sort%3DpointsAgainst_pts%26statCategory%3DpointsAgainst%26statSeason%3D2011%26statType%3DseasonPointsAgainst%2Creplace

Look at the link above, choose the TE position, and keep going across seasons.  This includes several games against the likes of Gronk, Graham etc. in their prime. Even from 2013, after Ed Reed and Ray Lewis retired or moved on.

That is the main reason I am going with Gates.

38 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I just don't like the Seahawks matchup and they are a better D than SF, they will gang up against the run just like SF did vs Gurley, and are going to be tougher to pass against for Case Keenum.

If the Rams show some offensive efficiency scoring at least 10 plus points vs the Seahawks, I will change my mind in game 3. I think it is time to dip into my depth that I feel will produce just as much with better match ups than Gurley in a bad match up. 

Yeah, I agree about the Barnidge McCown connection, I am well aware of it. However, the Ravens, going back to the 2011 season, there is something about them schematically that does not allow production to TEs.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/research/pointsagainst#pointsAgainst=pointsAgainst%2C%2Fresearch%2Fpointsagainst%3Fposition%3D4%26sort%3DpointsAgainst_pts%26statCategory%3DpointsAgainst%26statSeason%3D2011%26statType%3DseasonPointsAgainst%2Creplace

Look at the link above, choose the TE position, and keep going across seasons.  This includes several games against the likes of Gronk, Graham etc. in their prime. Even from 2013, after Ed Reed and Ray Lewis retired or moved on.

That is the main reason I am going with Gates.

Idk man, I definitely will never sit a healthy stud no matter who they are playing in week 2. It's another thing if it's like Lacy last year who after a while you could tell you were screwed. Fine, Gates I get it. But you can't sit Gurley no matter who they play IMO. 

On September 14, 2016 at 10:42 AM, bababooey said:

It's still the Jets. The team that beat the Pats on the road to take control of their playoff destiny last year and still lost to the Bills in week 17. Also lost earlier on in the season on a Thursday night in an embarrassing close fashion. Rex shows up for big games like against the Pats when he was a Jet and now against the Jets as a Bill. Just think there is a better play.

As soon as Rex brought his brother over, he wrote his death wish in Buffalo. 37 points given up at home to the Jets. Rob Ryan is such a fake.

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

As soon as Rex brought his brother over, he wrote his death wish in Buffalo. 37 points given up at home to the Jets. Rob Ryan is such a fake.

I was wrong on that, Jets were desperate for a win. Going into this next month 0-2 would have been horrible as their schedule is rough. Also Rex is 12-22 in his last 34 games lol but at least he got a Bills truck and drank beers w Jim Kelly. Souped that Forte for me 31 points last night. He had Jets D so I liked that garbage time TD. Takes the sting out of having to start Zach Miller on MNF with ertz out.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:03 AM, teganslaw said:

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:35 AM, chad72 said:

Doyle, only if his looks and snaps increase. If there is 1 more game of a TD plus 5 catches, yes, his value will increase. If he gets just 2 or 3 catches without a TD in the next game, Dwayne will still be the TE with more snaps.

What he said

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I hope I'm not late but I LOVE this trade for you.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I hope I'm not late but I LOVE this trade for you.

I did to.   I actually accepted before I posted here.    I was worried I was missing something.   

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I did to.   I actually accepted before I posted here.    I was worried I was missing something.   

Yea you just got two guys who you know are getting targets. Abdullah had an amazing start to last year as well but w Riddick could eat into production when they aren't playing the colts. Yes woodhead splits but you just traded a high name coming off an injury for two excellent, EXCELLENT value guys

I appreciate the answers about Doyle's fantasy value. I notice that players tend to change and wasn't sure how that worked.

I was up in the air about having Rawls in one of my lineups, even though the matchup looked goodf;. went for it at the last moment.Didn't pan out, as Rawls wasn't productive and left the game with an injury. This week wasn't good compared with last week.

13 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Anybody saved by Denver's D yesterday? They bailed me out in time for Rodgers and Cobb to get me just enough for the win. Would have rather taken the fantasy loss

A win is better than a loss any day.

The Denver D saved my opponent SilentHill in the Colts forum elite league against me. 22 points from them, then a Blake Bortles garbage time TD and I had Demaryius Thomas going, the Colts kept dragging him down and kept him from getting a TD with PIs :(

He has a 26 point lead going into MNF with me having the Eagles' D vs the Bears. Extremely long shot for me. He had Eric Decker on the bench, I returned the favor with Giovani Bernard on the bench :) and Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster playing on game day :(

I just cannot get an entire line up right so far and avoid getting 2 or 3 duds every week. I am in the bottom 2 of my league right now, we will see if things turn around at all.

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Denver D saved my opponent SilentHill in the Colts forum elite league against me. 22 points from them, then a Blake Bortles garbage time TD and I had Demaryius Thomas going, the Colts kept dragging him down and kept him from getting a TD with PIs :(

He has a 26 point lead going into MNF with me having the Eagles' D vs the Bears. Extremely long shot for me. He had Eric Decker on the bench, I returned the favor with Giovani Bernard on the bench :) and Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster playing on game day :(

I just cannot get an entire line up right so far and avoid getting 2 or 3 duds every week. I am in the bottom 2 of my league right now, we will see if things turn around at all.

Ah, I was facing them in my league too but had strong enough days to combat against it. He had AP, Wilson, and TY. I had Stafford, David Johnson, DeAngelo, Jordy, Evans, Olsen, Snead, and the Texans crush it for me. Up 60 and he has Ryan Mathews and Jordan Matthews.

My other league I thought I was going to run away this week after Forte's performance on Thursday. Again, facing Wilson but he also had Hopkins, Edelman, CJ Anderson, Olsen, Crabtree, Gano. My boys did ok, Julio, Cooks, Riddick, Sharpe (sat Gore and John Brown), but Denver D brought me within 25, justttt enough for Rodgers and Cobb to seal it on Rodgers rushing TD at the end of the game last night. Have Zach Miller in tonight for injured Ertz to help me get my points scored up (we pay out for highest at the end of the season).

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

This will be the second week that I've gotten the "Worst Manager" award for my league.  It's the most usable bench points, I'm  sitting at 30.9!!!  Danny woodhead getting injured and having latavius murray in the bench,  and then AJ Greens dud with Mike Wallace in the bench really hurt. Could have won...

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

With Danny Woodhead going to the IR just moments ago, who is the best option to replace him with in PPR?

Riddick, Sproles, and a dark horse for me is James Starks???

The Packers are not running away from teams, and might make Starks a factor, IMO. Just someone to keep an eye on. Plus that John Washington guy with the Redskins. If the Redskins are playing from behind a lot, which they seem to be, he becomes valuable in PPR, IMO.

7 hours ago, bababooey said:

Hoping he is ok, but hey he lost Abdullah too. Again, Abdullah has TWO career TDs, both coming in the 1st game of the season last two years. There is a chance Woodhead will be back

That's my luck.    I swear this type of thing always happens to me.   Smdh.  Haha. Oh well.  

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That's my luck.    I swear this type of thing always happens to me.   Smdh.  Haha. Oh well.  

Yeah, don't get me started. My early round draft picks - I draft Andre Johnson a few years ago, he goes down with injury.

Then 2012, I draft Gronk, he is beasting and then he goes down vs the Browns or something like that along with Willis McGahee who was doing well for the Broncos in Peyton's first year. Then Randall Cobb one year, and this year Adrian Peterson. I always lose an early round draft pick to injuries every single year in the Colts forum.

But then, I'd rather lose them early so that I can re-construct my team. Nothing worse than having 2 RBs like Peterson and Foster on the same team and holding their roster spots, waiting for them to come back while getting nothing in return for those roster spots.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, don't get me started. My early round draft picks - I draft Andre Johnson a few years ago, he goes down with injury.

Then 2012, I draft Gronk, he is beasting and then he goes down vs the Browns or something like that along with Willis McGahee who was doing well for the Broncos in Peyton's first year. Then Randall Cobb one year, and this year Adrian Peterson. I always lose an early round draft pick to injuries every single year in the Colts forum.

But then, I'd rather lose them early so that I can re-construct my team. Nothing worse than having 2 RBs like Peterson and Foster on the same team and holding their roster spots, waiting for them to come back while getting nothing in return for those roster spots.

Oh I had Keenan Allen and woodhead. Fun year for me!

13 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Oh I had Keenan Allen and woodhead. Fun year for me!

Yeah, I had Keenan Allen last year. So the wounds were fresh and I stayed away from drafting him. At least they went on IR thus freeing up a roster spot for you. Not the case with Peterson and Foster for me this year.

Last year, I had the Denver D, OBJ, Maclin and Keenan Allen balling and then Keenan Allen went down, luckily I picked up Doug Baldwin late in the season and rode them all the way to the championship game. Then OBJ and his "freaking" suspension happened for my title game. I lost by 7 points, thanks to a garbage time Blake Bortles TD, so I call Blake Bortles the garbage collector :).

It is hard to replace a guy like OBJ. When you are already behind the 8 ball and think you have managed to beat the odds, something like that happens at the worst possible time and it is hard to recover. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Dude I got Foster 1 overall then AP at 24 the year he came back from injury and won MVP in 2012, rode them to second place. They both crapped the bed the game they played each other! Next year went RB RB again with CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson. 2nd to last place lol

5 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

With Danny Woodhead going to the IR just moments ago, who is the best option to replace him with in PPR?

Going to be tough to replace him at this point. Get Theo Riddick if available. Travaris Cadet is another option. James Starks. Obviously none will be as good but just some names that could be available.

edit: just saw chad recommended the same plus Sproles. Another RB who becomes a top play if his starter gets injured, Alfred Morris 

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

Dude I got Foster 1 overall then AP at 24 the year he came back from injury and won MVP in 2012, rode them to second place. They both crapped the bed the game they played each other! Next year went RB RB again with CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson. 2nd to last place lol

Just that I got Foster and Peterson 4 years too late :)