Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Sitton available [Merge]

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He's not unsigned anymore the Bears got him doesn't even look like the Colts even tried for him.

You don't know that. Could easily be the they called and we're told he wasn't interested or wanted even more than the Bears gave them.

There are many reasons why players choose one team over another. It's not *just* money. It could be culture, scheme fit, reputation, confidence in the players, coaches and organization. I hope that the Colts perform a detailed analysis, not only on successful signings, but on unsuccessful attempts at signings. There's a lot to be learned.

50 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

There are many reasons why players choose one team over another. It's not *just* money. It could be culture, scheme fit, reputation, confidence in the players, coaches and organization. I hope that the Colts perform a detailed analysis, not only on successful signings, but on unsuccessful attempts at signings. There's a lot to be learned.

If I'm a 30 yr old guard I'm taking the most money lol

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

thanks for the heads up.  But I'm sure another team will want a 6'2 190lb white guy who runs a 6 flat forty.

Ha! At 6'-4", 209 lbs, no team has offered me any incentive to play any other sports than I already play. Sorry I got to go devastate some competition ... bye.

23 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Exactly. Any means necessary. It doesn't matter if we have to offer him 10 or 15 million more than every other team. A guy like this you go all in for.

Do you even know that there's a salary cap?       You just can't pull a number out of thin air and offer.    

Hello?!?

Second,   Sitton signed for 3/21.5       When have the Colts thought a guard was worth that kind of money?

Third,    Sitton was released by Green Bay.    They tried to trade him and found no takers.     This is NOT the same Josh Sitton that people remember.

4 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He's not unsigned anymore the Bears got him doesn't even look like the Colts even tried for him.

There's no way to know.    Reports were the number of teams interested were in the double-digits.

No media outlet is going to get every team that offered.      

As a fan,  I would guess we had some interest,  but not a lot.

Sitton signed for 3 years and 21.5 million.      That's way too rich for the Colts.     I doubt that was a hard decision for them to make.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There's no way to know.    Reports were the number of teams interested were in the double-digits.

Sitton signed for 3 years and 21.5 million.      That's way too rich for the Colts.     I doubt that was a hard decision for them to make.

Yeah I haven't commented on this Thread because I pretty much knew we wouldn't sign him. Contract is too rich like you stated. I seriously doubt we try for Talib either as some people in here are discussing.

33 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Until Grigson is gone I'm not gonna get excited about great players being available. We have literally not signed a single one.

So I guess you wont be excited much because Grigson is not going to break the bank spending money on a player you think is great.

He has tried his hand at signing free agents and it has not worked out for the most part.

The best way to build a team is through the draft and signing other teams castaways rarely works.

Maybe Grigson has learned from his mistakes thinking high dollar free agents is the answer.

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So I guess you wont be excited much because Grigson is not going to break the bank spending money on a player you think is great.

He has tried his hand at signing free agents and it has not worked out for the most part.

The best way to build a team is through the draft and signing other teams castaways rarely works.

Maybe Grigson has learned from his mistakes thinking high dollar free agents is the answer.

Then he better start building through the damn draft then we are 5 years in and arguably worse then when we started 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

NCF..and everyone.

.Bears GM Ryan Pace said on Chicago radio Monday that Sitton drove to Chicago to sign with the Bears.

He said that Sitton and his wife liked to visit Chicago and he's friends with Kyle Long, who just signed 4 years for $40 mil.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Keep making horse dung comments and this is what you get from me.

For you to say the Colts are no better than the 2-14 team that Grigson took over is pure horse dung.

Not the 2-14 team you dope the team that we had the first 2 years with Luck we are getting worse then that team who is replacing our stars we had from the Pollan area? So far no one there is no one behind Mathis the line is still garbage our linebackers are still not game changers 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Not the 2-14 team you dope the team that we had the first 2 years with Luck we are getting worse then that team who is replacing our stars we had from the Pollan area? So far no one there is no one behind Mathis the line is still garbage our linebackers are still not game changers 

So I am a dope for taking you are your words? Ok, if you say so.

We have yet to know how this team is going to work out so you can look into your own crystal ball and live in your doom and gloom world all you care to.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

So I am a dope for taking you are your words? Ok, if you say so.

We have yet to know how this team is going to work out so you can look into your own crystal ball and live in your doom and gloom world all you care to.

I said when we started we didn't play the 2-14 team with this regime 90% of it was cut. the first 2 seasons in the Grigson Era were pretty good but he has failed to replace players that retire or leave with anything respectable and his talent evaluation in the draft is pretty * poor 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I said when we started we didn't play the 2-14 team with this regime 90% of it was cut. the first 2 seasons in the Grigson Era were pretty good but he has failed to replace players that retire or leave with anything respectable and his talent evaluation in the draft is pretty * poor 

Grigsons hits and misses are pretty much par for the coarse for any GM. For you to expect him to be so much better than any other GM is unrealistic.

He had one bad draft year and now you judge him for that?

Everything looks bad to you when all you look at is the negative. There are some good positive things Grigson has done but it's your choice to ignore them.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Grigsons hits and misses are pretty much par for the coarse for any GM. For you to expect him to be so much better than any other GM is unrealistic.

He had one bad draft year and now you judge him for that?

Everything looks bad to you when all you look at is the negative. There are some good positive things Grigson has done but it's your choice to ignore them.

He has missed on all but like 2 of our premium picks besides luck 

12 hours ago, akcolt said:

Dude do you have any clue have FA works? Anyone could sign him is completely false. He has to want to play for that team. The same is true for Mathis. You can't just sign a FA first and foremost that player has to want to come to Indy then they will have a dollar amount and years they want etc. There are 31 other teams in the league who more than likely are interested in the guy.

How many top shelf FA's do you remember signing with the Colts? How about the Pacers? Even when Manning was here did we have guys taking less to play here? Grig's probably screwed that up too. 

99% of players will sign with whoever offers the most money. Look at al these top tier guys who sign with nobody teams year after year. The Bears gave Sitton 10 million guaranteed on I think a 3 year 21 million dollar deal. You cant tell me if we had offered 3 years 30 million with 15 or more guaranteed he wouldn't have signed here. Everybody always says "A player chooses where he signs" Obviously that's true, but you guys act like nobody wants to sign with the Colts. I disagree. I think Grigs doesn't want to sign top tier guys for whatever reason. There's ways we could bring in big time players man.

10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He has missed on all but like 2 of our premium picks besides luck 

I don't know why everybody always defend our genius GM. You get it CF12. Grigson is a dope. Look at what Oakland is doing. They finally have a young QB who's headed toward being a franchise QB. so what did they do? Sign a bunch of mid tier guys like RJF, Donald Thomas, and Erik Walden? Heck no. The last 2 off seasons they have surrounded Carr with top shelf talent. The last 2 off seasons they have turned their OL into probably the 2nd or 3rd best in the league. The last 2 off seasons they have signed Rodney Hudson, Kelechi Osemele, Dan Williams, Bruce Irvin, Reggie Nelson, and Sean Smith. Plus recognized the potential in David Amerson and made a brilliant move to acquire him. He's now a stud corner. But hey. I guess no good players want to sign here, and we have no idea of knowing if we reached out to Sitton or not do we? Grigson is a joke of a GM and I cant believe people don't accept that as the truth. Heck. You or I could have taken over the team and had enough sense to draft Luck. I mean that's why he won GM of the year in 12. His first job he had the number 1 overall pick in his lap and a once in a generation type talent there for the taking. How could he have messed that up. But since then he has marginally improved our team, when he could have turned us into a juggernaut, top 2-3 team in the NFL by now.

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't know why everybody always defend our genius GM. You get it CF12. Grigson is a dope. Look at what Oakland is doing. They finally have a young QB who's headed toward being a franchise QB. so what did they do? Sign a bunch of mid tier guys like RJF, Donald Thomas, and Erik Walden? Heck no. The last 2 off seasons they have surrounded Carr with top shelf talent. The last 2 off seasons they have turned their OL into probably the 2nd or 3rd best in the league. The last 2 off seasons they have signed Rodney Hudson, Kelechi Osemele, Dan Williams, Bruce Irvin, Reggie Nelson, and Sean Smith. Plus recognized the potential in David Amerson and made a brilliant move to acquire him. He's now a stud corner. But hey. I guess no good players want to sign here, and we have no idea of knowing if we reached out to Sitton or not do we? Grigson is a joke of a GM and I cant believe people don't accept that as the truth. Heck. You or I could have taken over the team and had enough sense to draft Luck. I mean that's why he won GM of the year in 12. His first job he had the number 1 overall pick in his lap and a once in a generation type talent there for the taking. How could he have messed that up.

Maybe it is you who cant accept things?

4 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't know why everybody always defend our genius GM. You get it CF12. Grigson is a dope. Look at what Oakland is doing. They finally have a young QB who's headed toward being a franchise QB. so what did they do? Sign a bunch of mid tier guys like RJF, Donald Thomas, and Erik Walden? Heck no. The last 2 off seasons they have surrounded Carr with top shelf talent. The last 2 off seasons they have turned their OL into probably the 2nd or 3rd best in the league. The last 2 off seasons they have signed Rodney Hudson, Kelechi Osemele, Dan Williams, Bruce Irvin, Reggie Nelson, and Sean Smith. Plus recognized the potential in David Amerson and made a brilliant move to acquire him. He's now a stud corner. But hey. I guess no good players want to sign here, and we have no idea of knowing if we reached out to Sitton or not do we? Grigson is a joke of a GM and I cant believe people don't accept that as the truth. Heck. You or I could have taken over the team and had enough sense to draft Luck. I mean that's why he won GM of the year in 12. His first job he had the number 1 overall pick in his lap and a once in a generation type talent there for the taking. How could he have messed that up.

I am high on Oakland this season and think they will be a Wildcard but until they win 11 games 3 seasons in a row and make the Championship Game their GM doesn't compare to ours yet.

You are the one who chooses to be all negative and ignores anything positive that Grigson has done so trying to reason with you is a waist of time.

Have a good day.

Something positive he's done? Oh yeah. You mean like trading away our 1st rounder for a bum RB. Or drafting a bum pass rusher in the 1st round in 13. Or what about that draft class as a whole. That was a positive thing hes done. I mean Hugh Thornton....WOW. Holmes? OMG. I could go on and on, but I wont be that big of a ___.  We all just have our own opinions dude. We're all on the same side here. Lets not forget that.

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Something positive he's done? Oh yeah. You mean like trading away our 1st rounder for a bum RB. Or drafting a bum pass rusher in the 1st round in 13. Or what about that draft class as a whole. That was a positive thing hes done. I mean Hugh Thornton....WOW. Holmes? OMG. I could go on and on, but I wont be that big of a ___.  We all just have our own opinions dude. We're all on the same side here. Lets not forget that.

Are we? Somehow I doubt it.

Are we? Somehow I doubt it.

We're all Colts fans. We're all die hard Colts fans. So yeah. We're on the same side man. Some of us just get a little more upset about this or that or have different opinions about our GM, but at the end of the day we're all Colts fans dude.

4 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

We're all Colts fans. We're all die hard Colts fans. So yeah. We're on the same side man. Some of us just get a little more upset about this or that or have different opinions about our GM, but at the end of the day we're all Colts fans dude.

Colts fans? yes. Living with a doom and gloom the sky is falling attitude? No.

Colts fans? yes. Living with a doom and gloom the sky is falling attitude? No.

LOL. I know man. I cant help it. I cant stand it when we don't bring in great players. It kills me. I wish I could be more like you and stay calm about things, but it is what it is I guess. I just want us to have a great team, a SB contending team, and I feel we're wasting away Lucks early years by not placing top shelf talent around him. On D and the OL. I'm just scared we're only going to have like a 3-4 year window to win a SB. When we could have had a 10-12 year window. Like Seattle for example. I love my Colts man, and I probably let my emotions get the best of me idk.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. I know man. I cant help it. I cant stand it when we don't bring in great players. It kills me. I wish I could be more like you and stay calm about things, but it is what it is I guess. I just want us to have a great team, a SB contending team, and I feel we're wasting away Lucks early years by not placing top shelf talent around him. On D and the OL. I'm just scared we're only going to have like a 3-4 year window to win a SB. When we could have had a 10-12 year window. Like Seattle for example. I love my Colts man, and I probably let my emotions get the best of me idk.

Nothing wrong at all with being passionate about your feelings when you think we aren't doing the right thing as an organization. I think the thing Crazycolt and people like me is, we just hate the negativity that comes along with many of the Posters here that are Colts fans. Constructive criticism is all right and if we play a bad game than it's ok to point out what player stunk it up. But the people that are always 100% doom and gloom and predicting stuff like 6-10, saying Grigson is the worse does get old.