Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers Hire Ron Meeks As Secondary Coach

MTC

People forget that our D was top 5 in the league when we had respectable DTs in Ed Johnson and Pitcock to go along with a healthy Sanders. Our pass D was consistently in the top 10 while Ron Meeks was around but not our run D, which was consistently bottom 10 :). I still think it was a by product of Dungy's system that Polian drafted for consistently with our DTs being undersized too often. We did a lot of good things with our zone coverage, IMO with Meeks, the Panthers' pass D was top 10 as well under Ron Meeks (you can check it out).

But when you have a new coach in Ron Rivera, he is going to bring his own guys he is comfortable with but Ron Rivera could still not improve the Panthers' run D and their pass D got worse. Now, the Panthers are talking about moving to a 3-4, their division is full of 4-3 Ds. So, what gives?

I think it is a good hire, from a pass D point of view. Good luck to Ron Meeks.

People forget that our D was top 5 in the league when we had respectable DTs in Ed Johnson and Pitcock to go along with a healthy Sanders. Our pass D was consistently in the top 10 while Ron Meeks was around but not our run D, which was consistently bottom 10 :). I still think it was a by product of Dungy's system that Polian drafted for consistently with our DTs being undersized too often. We did a lot of good things with our zone coverage, IMO with Meeks, the Panthers' pass D was top 10 as well under Ron Meeks (you can check it out).

But when you have a new coach in Ron Rivera, he is going to bring his own guys he is comfortable with but Ron Rivera could still not improve the Panthers' run D and their pass D got worse. Now, the Panthers are talking about moving to a 3-4, their division is full of 4-3 Ds. So, what gives?

I think it is a good hire, from a pass D point of view. Good luck to Ron Meeks.

Meeks has coached some all pro defensive backs. He will do well in San Diego.