Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teddy Bridgewater suffers apparent nasty injury

RockThatBlue

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know about that (signing Kaep). He would be a huge distraction. We don't need that.

Rumors (nothing confirmed) have it that we are exploring a trade for Sanchez and that we are bringing in Vick for a visit. I want neither player. I prefer to stay with what we have. At least our guys know the system and playbook and we know what we have in them.  

If we must bring in someone, I would prefer a young QB like Kevin Hogan to develop. The Chiefs would have to cut him. I am a Stanford fan and would love to have him in our organization. 

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't want to trade high draft picks for anyone. So, I don't want Glennon or McCown. I read that the Browns want "more than a 3rd round pick" for McCown. No, thank you. Our GM feels the same way. However, I think you are right that he is probably one of the best options for us. He does not come with baggage and he understands his role. He seems calm. If we could get him for one of the players that we value but can't fit on the roster, then I would take him.

All true

But I ask this, do you trust Shaun Hill to make it completely through a 16 game schedule without incident or injury?

Certainly, the poison to the Vikings is getting a QB that turns the ball over.  Minnesota can win without having a 30 TD passing QB.  What the Vikings cannot do is give other teams extra chances on offense.  So the backup to Shaun Hill must know the Vikes O, and be able to stick a foot in the ground and fire a 20 yard dig on play action here and there (and other tyoe plays) without fumbling or throwing INT's.  J. McCown could do that. But I agree, he is not worth a high draft pick. Let the Brown keep him behind RGIII.

His salary makes it more difficult, but I'd possibly trade with Eagles for Chase Daniel before taking Kaep or Sanchez.  Even if it was an incentive laced conditional draft pick deal. If Daniel comes in for many games and saves the season, was it worth the condition giving a little higher round draft pick because of the incentive was met?

Good luck in any event.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

All true

But I ask this, do you trust Shaun Hill to make it completely through a 16 game schedule without incident or injury?

Certainly, the poison to the Vikings is getting a QB that turns the ball over.  Minnesota can win without having a 30 TD passing QB.  What the Vikings cannot do is give other teams extra chances on offense.  So the backup to Shaun Hill must know the Vikes O, and be able to stick a foot in the ground and fire a 20 yard dig on play action here and there (and other tyoe plays) without fumbling or throwing INT's.  J. McCown could do that. But I agree, he is not worth a high draft pick. Let the Brown keep him behind RGIII.

His salary makes it more difficult, but I'd possibly trade with Eagles for Chase Daniel before taking Kaep or Sanchez.  Even if it was an incentive laced conditional draft pick deal. If Daniel comes in for many games and saves the season, was it worth the condition giving a little higher round draft pick because of the incentive was met?

Good luck in any event.

To the bolded, I don't trust Shaun Hill to make it through the first game. Lol. But seriously, I don't have much confidence in him, but we have no other choice but to play him the first few games. Taylor Heinicke who is a second-year player showed some promise. He is injured now but is expected back in 2 to 3 weeks. Perhaps we can start him after the bye week.

We do need to sign another QB for insurance purposes. Let's see who is available on the waiver wire after tomorrow.

Update on Teddy:

Surgery scheduled for Thursday

Godspeed, Teddy! :hug:

Quote:

ESPN's Ed Werder reported a little while ago that knee surgery for Teddy Bridgewater is tentatively scheduled for this Thursday. According to his report, the belief within the Vikings organization is that Bridgewater will make a full recovery, and should have a better idea of the recovery timetable once he undergoes surgery.

So yeah, can we stop with the 'his career is over' crap now?"  (Ted Glover)

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Update on Teddy:

Quote:

ESPN's Ed Werder reported a little while ago that knee surgery for Teddy Bridgewater is tentatively scheduled for this Thursday. According to his report, the belief within the Vikings organization is that Bridgewater will make a full recovery, and should have a better idea of the recovery timetable once he undergoes surgery.

Sounds like good news NFL, I pray he makes a speedy full recovery .:thmup:

41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Update on Teddy:

Quote:

Good to hear. 

According to his report, the belief within the Vikings organization is that Bridgewater will make a full recovery, and should have a better idea of the recovery timetable once he undergoes surgery.

Now that they have Bradford, the push to get him back on the field early will be lessened.  We know he needs an ACL, but what else?  At least one or maybe two more ligaments.  Hopefully any articular cartilage and meniscus damage is minimal.

I'm not sure we'll ever fully know the full extent, but hopefully it really isn't necessary and Teddy does fully recover with minimal permanent impact.

I never subscribed to that misguided theory myself & frankly, I have no idea why some fans are prone to overwhelm themselves with worst case outcomes anyway. It's counterproductive & totally useless. 

Glad to hear so much medical optimism on Teddy's behalf. 

• 8 months later...
On 8/31/2016 at 5:58 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Multiple ligament knee injury is quite serious, and there could be a few intensive procedures to reconstruct (PCL, PLC, to go with the full ACL tear), with potential MCL and LCL issues.  This indicates to me that allograft is very good possibility in the reconstruction process.  All while monitoring nerve and vessel functionality. But if articular cartilage surfaces are addressed and all ligaments repaired, and then properly rehabbed, why couldn't a young guy like that come back?  And since it happened once, under the same unusual conditions, it could certainly happen again.  Or not. Who knows.  It's something we will have to follow over time and go with the flow.

I haven't looked at the history of players that have suffered this and returned.  But I believe in Teddy.

EDIT:  Just saw a tweet from @footballdoc, here's his take -

(Tweet from your post did not show when I quoted you.)

Did you see/read what Dr. Chao (@footballdoc) had to say about Teddy's recovery and possible return? He watched the video of Teddy dropping back and wrote an article which made me hopeful that Teddy can be a starting quarterback again -- some day. He distinguished Teddy's injury from Jaylon Smith's. He seems more optimistic about Teddy.

(Like you, many Vikes fans like Bradford. I can't say I am among them.)

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-bridgewater-video-throwing-knee-truth-20170525-story.html

I know you respect Dr. Chao. What do you think when you watch the Video (only 30 or so seconds -- does not show much)? 

On 5/27/2017 at 0:24 PM, NFLfan said:

(Tweet from your post did not show when I quoted you.)

Did you see/read what Dr. Chao (@footballdoc) had to say about Teddy's recovery and possible return? He watched the video of Teddy dropping back and wrote an article which made me hopeful that Teddy can be a starting quarterback again -- some day. He distinguished Teddy's injury from Jaylon Smith's. He seems more optimistic about Teddy.

(Like you, many Vikes fans like Bradford. I can't say I am among them.)

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-bridgewater-video-throwing-knee-truth-20170525-story.html

I know you respect Dr. Chao. What do you think when you watch the Video (only 30 or so seconds -- does not show much)? 

Haven't seen the video, nor am I any good at determining injuries from them (Dr. Chao is quite good at it though...)

I never heard, then or up until and including now, concerning vasculature or neuro issues.  That indicated to me back then, and still does today, that TB could regain his starting QB job   But a QB competition could serve them both well.at some point in time .  But lets be real.  TB is still not recovered... when he does he will not be 'as good as new'.  But agree he could be quite nice anyway. And... he will have to earn (beat out Sam) his QB job back.  It won't be handed to him on a platter, trust me.