Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superbowl if.......

skadura

we all know any team with peyton manning has a legitimate chance to win the superbowl. the last few years have been doubters and i find myself hoping for certain things that have to align correctly for the colts to get to the chip. (home field advantage, no injuries, not having to play a top tier qb in the playoffs (brady, roth, rivers)) i just wish we could go into the playoffs fielding a team with very few weaknesses like most of the past sb champions have had......here are some things the colts need to sure up to maximize their chances in peytons final years

d -line - as of right now the colts have upgraded their defensive line with tommie harris and jamaal anderson. if these guys dont pan out the way all of us are hoping/hyping, we still have DEPTH and thats key. i really feel that fili next to harris will be a deadly combo. so the d line is set.

our l'bers - imo session was the best linebacker we've had here since m.peterson however in this system, lb'ers are plug and play and as long as we have depth we are fine brackett angerer conner sims wheeler

cb - this is our major problem ...i DO NOT want to see jacob lacey getting burned over and over on simple no hitch routes. tryon is solid but hes not a starting corner and hes too small. we need to add a guy like carlos rogers. the safety position is a tough one. bullit is more than capable of playing well....but thats all....hes not a game changer, but whitner is too expensive. we are not gonna sign whitner and we are not gonna sign asante samuel......we just need DEPTH so that lacey and fransisco arent out there when its make or break time.

on offense...wr depth is good......te depth is good rb depth is good.......i think we should sign brian waters...hes high character guy who is more than capable of outperforming either of our starting guards. the colts lost 4 games last year solely on the fact that they couldn't convert multiple 3rd down and 1 plays not to mention; do you guys remember when peyton would take seven step drops and have all day to throw even against blitzes......man wish we could bring back those days. BRING IN WATERS AND MCKINNIE low risk high reward gives us a chance to win NOW!.....SORRY BOUT THE BAD GRAMMAR, IM WRITING THIS FORM THE AIRPORT WITH THE NEWS OF ERNIE AND TOMMIE SIGNINGS FRESH ON MY MIND.

Our D is solid. Its always "next man up." Maybe another CB as insurance, but Powers and Lacey are great young guys. Maybe a vet to mentor....

all i see when i think of lacey = braylon edwards slant and go - td two years ago...............braylon edwards - beats lacey 5-5 times last years wild card game and sanchez FINALLY connects with him on the last play before the fg.

...tom brady went at lacey 40% of his throws against us. lacey scares me.

Our D is solid. Its always "next man up." Maybe another CB as insurance, but Powers and Lacey are great young guys. Maybe a vet to mentor....

I agree, we definitely need a CB. Like a Carlos Rogers, or somebody like that.

I absolutely agree, what has plagued the Colts the 4 years now has been definitely there defense. Opponents have just gotten smarter over the years by dinking and dunking and extending drives. We would be foolish to think Lacey can hold his own, hes at best a nickel back. As for Powers he needs to stay healthy, hes a good corner but he just needs to be on the field. ( If Powers was healthy I think that game against the Jets would of had a different result.)

Teams that face the Colts are just playing Keep away from the Colts Offense. The memory that still haunts me is that Super Bowl against the Saints, when Peyton only had the ball 3 times in the second half, the third possesion was by default due to the pick 6. The defense needs more 3 and outs so the offense wont be in such a pressure packed situation to always perform without margin for error.

I think Rogers went to the Niners.

The OP could have made his post "SuperBowl if..... WE STAY HEALTHY" Simples as that. The parts are all there.

we were healthy against the saints two years ago and that didn't help us on third and less than a yard just before the half ended........our o line was "healthy" last year against the jets and that didn't stop devan and saturday from getting blown up on 3rd and 1 ...3 times!!! we need bigger lineman so delone can have a burst of steam to run people over. mckinnie/ waters!

I would love to see the Colts steal Brent Grimes from Atlanta.

Sorry, he is an RFA that is reportedly intending to sign his tender. Besides that it would cause rioting in the streets of Atlanta if our FO let him slip away. He is a UDFA that has risen to be one of the top corners in the league making him a fan favorite to say the very least.

Sorry, he is an RFA that is reportedly intending to sign his tender. Besides that it would cause rioting in the streets of Atlanta if our FO let him slip away. He is a UDFA that has risen to be one of the top corners in the league making him a fan favorite to say the very least.

I've seen him play the last couple of years and i can understand why he's a fan favorite. Which is why i think the Colts should go after him ! He's a Great CB ! I knew he was RFA, but just b/c he has an offer in front of him doesn't mean that another team can't put the 'Right' price in front of him. The Colts usually don't do that sort of thing, but Grimes is worth what we were paying Hayden!

BTW, i think your Falcons are gonna be pretty good this year.

I say we got a good chance if we A) stay healthy B) sign someone to help in the secondary. I really feel a CB is more important than a safety at this point. By the way has Hayden signed with anyone else? If not would he be willing to come back at a lesser cost? C) we don't play San Diego in the playoffs...

I've seen him play the last couple of years and i can understand why he's a fan favorite. Which is why i think the Colts should go after him ! He's a Great CB ! I knew he was RFA, but just b/c he has an offer in front of him doesn't mean that another team can't put the 'Right' price in front of him. The Colts usually don't do that sort of thing, but Grimes is worth what we were paying Hayden!

BTW, i think your Falcons are gonna be pretty good this year.

Even though he seems dedicated to Atlanta I am sure he is not immune to money so I hope you keep your paws off. He plays with that chip on his shoulder about being too small for the NFL which makes him larger than life on the field.

Thanks. I think we made the right moves that will keep us from having to make so many clutch wins this year. Ryan is dangerous with the ball on a 2 minute drive but those last minute nail biting regular season wins do not translate into deep playoff berths as we have witnessed twice now.

we were healthy against the saints two years ago and that didn't help us on third and less than a yard just before the half ended........our o line was "healthy" last year against the jets and that didn't stop devan and saturday from getting blown up on 3rd and 1 ...3 times!!! we need bigger lineman so delone can have a burst of steam to run people over. mckinnie/ waters!

We were also 14-2 that season. You really can't point to that Super Bowl reference. In my opinion, we were 3 chance/fluky plays away from winning regardless. Our O-Line was the only part of the team healthy last year, but they weren't good to begin with.

I like some of the moves we have made (I wouldn't have resigned Diem but hey he is good vet leadership for our young guys) and I liked our draft this year... with that being said its all injuries especially on defense, we just don't have depth like most clubs since our starters get paid WELL. On offense we have got to get production out of Gonzo and we need Garcon to take a step forward into a true number two. On defense I agree that CB is awfully young, alot of potential yes, but this is a passing league and I was worried when we had Hayden so now its a little scary. I don't view Lacey as a starter, I could see him getting beat out by some of the other young guys. Don't forget about Thomas (I know he has been injured for 10 years but draft guru's said he was a first rd prospect when healthy)and also Rucker the rookie, he fell because he punched a dude in the face, he has good ball skills and is fast. I'll be at camp tomorrow and I'll be looking closely at our corner.

LETS GO COLTS! SUPERBOWL OR BUST!