Kaepernick refuses to stand during national anthem

jvan1973

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When on chooses to disrespect our flag that person disrespects all that it is. What our flag stands for is the hope and belief that all peoples should live as free people. Or flag stands for little children stricken with life robbing diseases that get help from highly dedicated professional and charitable people giving their monies, people who decide to teach our children and students for very low wages, people that choose to risk their lives to put out home fires and stop home invaders, people that choose to engage in back breaking work called farming and ranching, scientists that work ridiculous hours on trying to develop cures for crippling and  life ending diseases, plumbers, carpenters, electricians, machinists, welders, sanitary workers, etc. that get up every day and work through all conditions to make our lives better.  When one disagrees with something one simply does not choose disrespecting it instead of building a case to challenge things it may or may not stand for. If things on your job or family life are not to your liking what do you do?  Where was this "concern" he apparently has today in the past years of his life? Did he buy his first newspaper of smart phone? Is this a brand new issue? Perhaps he is just grabbing headlines to keep his name in the news and perhaps he is not happy with the fact that he is failing in his career. Maybe he should know when you fall off a cliff screaming will do you no good. He is a coward and a fool.

34 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Well, this thread has inspired me. When I attend the Colts game at Wembley, I'm going to sit on my hands during both the US and British national anthems. To protest at our crappy o-line......see them put that on the top of  NFL.com

hahahaha thanks for giving me a good laugh. Thus was good!!!

53 minutes ago, King Colt said:

When on chooses to disrespect our flag that person disrespects all that it is. What our flag stands for is the hope and belief that all peoples should live as free people. Or flag stands for little children stricken with life robbing diseases that get help from highly dedicated professional and charitable people giving their monies, people who decide to teach our children and students for very low wages, people that choose to risk their lives to put out home fires and stop home invaders, people that choose to engage in back breaking work called farming and ranching, scientists that work ridiculous hours on trying to develop cures for crippling and  life ending diseases, plumbers, carpenters, electricians, machinists, welders, sanitary workers, etc. that get up every day and work through all conditions to make our lives better.  When one disagrees with something one simply does not choose disrespecting it instead of building a case to challenge things it may or may not stand for. If things on your job or family life are not to your liking what do you do?  Where was this "concern" he apparently has today in the past years of his life? Did he buy his first newspaper of smart phone? Is this a brand new issue? Perhaps he is just grabbing headlines to keep his name in the news and perhaps he is not happy with the fact that he is failing in his career. Maybe he should know when you fall off a cliff screaming will do you no good. He is a coward and a fool.

You're taking it a little far.

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Well, this thread has inspired me. When I attend the Colts game at Wembley, I'm going to sit on my hands during both the US and British national anthems. To protest at our crappy o-line......see them put that on the top of  NFL.com

• haha  :hat: you always give me a good laugh.  I've missed you here.  
  • Are you coming over for any games this year? 

5 minutes ago, basspapaw said:

Sounds like he was messed up on drugs and did not realize the national anthem was playing and pulled a ryan lochte  to cover his butt

Turns out Ryan Lochte was mostly telling the truth.  People just wanted to pile on.  Turns out he peed in a bush and pulled down a poster and got shook down with a gun a demands of money.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

Turns out Ryan Lochte was mostly telling the truth.  People just wanted to pile on.  Turns out he peed in a bush and pulled down a poster and got shook down with a gun a demands of money.

Is that the story now ? Why did he not fess up in the first place. My point was he lied to cover up a mistake.

3 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

No, just sit during the British anthem because they oppressed America until we rebelled.  Keep your head down tho, cuz there will be fish and chips hurled your way.

(disclaimer: this IS a joke)

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't have to explain it.    But it makes sense to Kaepernick.     That's all that matters.

To be clear,  I don't agree with most of what he said.    I'm just defending his right to say it and not be crushed for it.

He has no "right to not be crushed for it". The 1st ammendment is protection from the government, not from criticism.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

He has no "right to not be crushed for it". The 1st ammendment is protection from the government, not from criticism.

You are correct.     He doesn't have that "right".....    poor choice of wording by me....

If others want to crush him,  they're free to do so.....    that's the way the world works.....   but I also have a right to defend him.        And I do,  even if I don't really agree with him.

I think the country has a lot of serious problems that need addressing.     And I don't see Kapernick not standing up for the National Anthem as one of them.        Just my view of things.......

There is a trend in this country for people to try to lift themselves up by taking on established authority out of some sort of righteousness.  The libertarian/anarchist attitude seems to be an increasing popular trend expressed in many different situations.  I don't think people even understand why they protest.

I don't think he's making any statement, other than he wants everyone to know how much he doesn't conform to the norm.  Which is how explain his tats and the hat.

3 hours ago, basspapaw said:

Is that the story now ? Why did he not fess up in the first place. My point was he lied to cover up a mistake.

What exactly did he not fess up to?  I believe the only thing he lied about was having a gun pressed to his head....instead it was simply pointed at him.

I know what point you were trying to make, I just took the opportunity to point all the media nonsense about the Lochte situation.

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

No, just sit during the British anthem because they oppressed America until we rebelled.  Keep your head down tho, cuz there will be fish and chips hurled your way.

(disclaimer: this IS a joke)

We let you win, you know that, don't you? We had bigger fish to fry then. France and Spain were more important. But your joke is well taken of course.

10 hours ago, Gramz said:
  • haha  :hat: you always give me a good laugh.  I've missed you here.  
  • Are you coming over for any games this year? 

Hi Gramz. Been changing my life somewhat. We upoed and moved from London to a small medievil town in the south of France, so been occupied sorting out our house. Quit the rat race and now working from home 5 days a week. Should see me back on here more now. Going to the Wemnley game in October, so no US trip this year. Hopefully the following year though. I need another long weekend in Indy!  Hope you are doing well m'lady....

12 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

We let you win, you know that, don't you? We had bigger fish to fry then. France and Spain were more important. But your joke is well taken of course.

After i hit post, it occured to me you were a Brit.  I was hoping you knew i was joking.  I have mucho respect for England.  Love the people i've met, and how can you not be inspired by how the country stood up to bullies, alone on an island (no pun intended) in WWII.

if i were to move to another country, it would be Great Britain without a doubt. Our countries have a long history and have had each other's backs for a little ng time now.

Hey Colin - what this great country has given you is the FREEDOM of speech.  So you can say what you want.

However, If you want to make a difference... sitting on your * like in most cases, won't help.  Why don't you donate your $$$ and time to the community. Start a scholarship, a charity.  

USA wasn't so bad when you were winning....  

Don't forget the lives lost and all of those who sacrifices to ensure we have precious Freedom.

Go visit or live in another country if you dislike the US or what the American Flag stands for.

35 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Hi Gramz. Been changing my life somewhat. We upoed and moved from London to a small medievil town in the south of France, so been occupied sorting out our house. Quit the rat race and now working from home 5 days a week. Should see me back on here more now. Going to the Wemnley game in October, so no US trip this year. Hopefully the following year though. I need another long weekend in Indy!  Hope you are doing well m'lady....

haha   somewhat..???   Those are some major changes...  no wonder we havn't heard from you much lately.  It all sounds rather exciting.    I'm happy for you.   I Hope you have a great time at the game over there, and we'll look forward to your visit here again in a few years.     

I'm ready for the season to get underway, and we are going to our usual two + games again.

Okay, glad to hear from you, and now that we've derailed the thread...    back to the topic at hand.

59 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

Hey Colin - what this great country has given you is the FREEDOM of speech.  So you can say what you want.

However, If you want to make a difference... sitting on your * like in most cases, won't help.  Why don't you donate your $$$ and time to the community. Start a scholarship, a charity.  

USA wasn't so bad when you were winning....  

Don't forget the lives lost and all of those who sacrifices to ensure we have precious Freedom.

Go visit or live in another country if you dislike the US or what the American Flag stands for.

'USA wasn't so bad  when you were winning'........spot on, well played indeed.

On 8/27/2016 at 2:55 PM, esmort said:

I don't see people saying he doesn't have the right to do it,  but rather that it was not a smart decision on his part given his current situation; and/or question whether the sentiment is genuine or self serving. 

This.

Of course he has the right to do it. But we also have the right to say hes a * for doing it.

My issue is he used the National Anthem as a talking point to stir controversy. I don't mind if he talks about these issues on camera, via Twitter, letters, etc. but it's HOW he delivered his message that's so inherently wrong.

10 hours ago, Dustin said:

In case you guys didn't know, Kap converted to the religion of peace this off-season.

I'm not shocked. I saw recent pictures of him and its quite obvious he looked way different and off. It certainly makes much more sense for him to have done what he did joining that "peaceful" religion.