Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kaepernick refuses to stand during national anthem


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great, a below average QB, being paid a guaranteed 12 million this year, complaining about inequality.  I wonder how much of that inequitable salary he is contributing to organizations that fight inner city violence or police brutality?  

 

This stand went well for the NBA player formally known as Chris Jackson.  Kiss your career goodby Colin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

Great, a below average QB, being paid a guaranteed 12 million this year, complaining about inequality.  I wonder how much of that inequitable salary he is contributing to organizations that fight inner city violence or police brutality?  

 

This stand went well for the NBA player formally known as Chris Jackson.  Kiss your career goodby Colin. 

Thats what i was thinking.  He'd help those he talked about more by putting his money where his mouth is.

until then, he's just another stupid kid who doesn't realize what an a** he's being.  He's average at best anyhow, and he might have a few screws loose.

start a scholarship, open a rec center, sponsor a little league team.

talk is cheap. He's a punk kid, who's unhappy cuz his production isn't living up to his hype:

hey Kap, maybe get ur head in the playbook?  Or better yet, you MIGHT have a chance starting in the CFL. Since this country is so bad, maybe thats your best option.  Don't let the "door" hit you in your  skinny, over-rated, and over-paid a**.  No one will miss you, ESPECIALLY your team.  You'd be doing them a favor actually.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

 

Isn't this interesting......

 

You,  who don't like it when people take on your 2nd amendment rights,  are now blasting someone over his 1st amendment rights.       

 

Hmmmmm?

 

Remember,  free speech isn't free or protected unless unpopular speech is protected.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Isn't this interesting......

 

You,  who don't like it when people take on your 2nd amendment rights,  are now blasting someone over his 1st amendment rights.       

 

Hmmmmm?

 

Remember,  free speech isn't free or protected unless unpopular speech is protected.

 

 

There is a difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion and saying they don't have a right to say it. Jvan simply called him an *.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Isn't this interesting......

 

You,  who don't like it when people take on your 2nd amendment rights,  are now blasting someone over his 1st amendment rights.       

 

Hmmmmm?

 

Remember,  free speech isn't free or protected unless unpopular speech is protected.

 

 

 

I don't see people saying he doesn't have the right to do it,  but rather that it was not a smart decision on his part given his current situation; and/or question whether the sentiment is genuine or self serving. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's his right to choose to sit but, imo, he is only drawing attention to himself and not the issues he is standing up against.

 

Also, does he have a history of sitting during his first 5 years in the league or did problems just begin this year?

 

His explanation of why he is sitting is pretty generic. We can speculate what he is getting at but he should be specific in his explanation and accusations. This isn't Muhammad Ali taking a stand against the war.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, esmort said:

 

I don't see people saying he doesn't have the right to do it,  but rather that it was not a smart decision on his part given his current situation; and/or question whether the sentiment is genuine or self serving. 

Exactly.  This is pretty much what I was saying earlier.   I personally feel that he was being disrespectful, but it doesn't really matter to him what I think.   He has the "right" to be disrespectful if he so chooses.  And yes, probably not a wise move given his current situation.   Once again,  that's on him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Isn't this interesting......

 

You,  who don't like it when people take on your 2nd amendment rights,  are now blasting someone over his 1st amendment rights.       

 

Hmmmmm?

 

Remember,  free speech isn't free or protected unless unpopular speech is protected.

 

 

What are you talking about? We're excercising our first amendment rights by calling him a *. No one is saying he shouldn't be allowed to express his opinion, but everyone here has a right to call him an * for doing so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Can't stand people that disrespect our flag but Kap isn't very intelligent so that's about how I'd expect him to act. 

 

How did you come to decide that Kap isn't very intelligent?

 

I believe he had a 4.2 GPA and did very well in college.      I know this because he wanted to go to.........  Stanford.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BOTT said:

There is a difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion and saying they don't have a right to say it. Jvan simply called him an *.

 

That's fine.      Except the part where Jvan doesn't like it when people go after him over the 2nd amendment.

 

What he did today is what he doesn't like when people do it to him over the 2nd amendment.

 

It cuts both ways......

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

What are you talking about? We're excercising our first amendment rights by calling him a *. No one is saying he shouldn't be allowed to express his opinion, but everyone here has a right to call him an * for doing so.

 

As I've shared elsewhere,  Jvan doesn't like when people go after him over the 2nd amendment.

 

If I called him an * over his 2nd amendment views,  he wouldn't like it.

 

What he did to Kaeparnick is what he doesn't like when others do to him over the 2nd amendment.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

 

As I've shared elsewhere,  Jvan doesn't like when people go after him over the 2nd amendment.

 

If I called him an * over his 2nd amendment views,  he wouldn't like it.

 

What he did to Kaeparnick is what he doesn't like when others do to him over the 2nd amendment.

 

 

So, I am assuming you basically just came here to start an argument with Jvan then? Because this has nothing to do with the thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

That's fine.      Except the part where Jvan doesn't like it when people go after him over the 2nd amendment.

 

What he did today is what he doesn't like when people do it to him over the 2nd amendment.

 

It cuts both ways......

 

 

No. Not the same thing. Not at all.

 

Commenting on the poor decision of a professional athlete to bemoan a society that has allowed him to excel and become wealthy is not the same thing as bemoaning local, state, and national governments who's agents openly express their intention to alienate free citizens from an unalienable right.

 

Not the same thing at all. Not even close.

 

Now, I return you back to football...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

As I've shared elsewhere,  Jvan doesn't like when people go after him over the 2nd amendment.

 

If I called him an * over his 2nd amendment views,  he wouldn't like it.

 

What he did to Kaeparnick is what he doesn't like when others do to him over the 2nd amendment.

 

 

Do you not understand the difference?  I take it you didn't serve your country.

 

If the government took away the second amendment,  I would still stand for the anthem.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Isn't this interesting......

 

You,  who don't like it when people take on your 2nd amendment rights,  are now blasting someone over his 1st amendment rights.       

 

Hmmmmm?

 

Remember,  free speech isn't free or protected unless unpopular speech is protected.

 

 

Where did I say he had no right to be a dick?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread may not end well lol.

 

I do get Kaepernick's concerns though with the treatment of blacks, especially by the police. Since it has bothered me greatly myself.I know it bothers many out there even if they don't want to say it out loud.

 

I am not sure though blaming America and America only here is the way to go about it or protesting the American flag and anthem. Many good people live in this country, we are not all bad. 

 

Kaep did himself no favors though either since his job is on the line and he has been on a slow decline here and the NFL is highly patriotic.

 

In the original article:

 

Quote

By taking a stand for civil rights, Kaepernick, 28, joins other athletes, like the NBA's Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony and several WNBA players in using their platform and status to raise awareness to issues affecting minorities in the U.S.

 

But, at the time you don't see these top athletes in the NBA for example acting this way. They still will play for the Olympics and win gold for America for example and speak eloquently about the issues that concern them when need be. They do their jobs when needed on the court and do their activism and charity off the court. Some of the top NBA stars have specifically been vocal about gun violence quite often.

 

Kaep would have been better off trying to get active in another way with other athletes behind the scenes maybe IMO, but yes he does have the right to sit down during the Anthem but in a highly patriotic league it is the kiss of death for image.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

As I've shared elsewhere,  Jvan doesn't like when people go after him over the 2nd amendment.

 

If I called him an * over his 2nd amendment views,  he wouldn't like it.

 

What he did to Kaeparnick is what he doesn't like when others do to him over the 2nd amendment.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Isn't this interesting......

 

You,  who don't like it when people take on your 2nd amendment rights,  are now blasting someone over his 1st amendment rights.       

 

Hmmmmm?

 

Remember,  free speech isn't free or protected unless unpopular speech is protected.

 

 

He has his right to do what he did,   I have the right to call him a dick.   Congrats on another terrible analogy though

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaep says he feels the country is oppressing people of color. That is why he didn't stand during the anthem. So... he gets paid millions of dollars to play football. Tell me how this country is oppressing you... Lol. What a joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Where did I say he had no right to be a dick?

 

You didn't.     And I didn't say you did.

 

I simply said what you did to Kaepernick is what you don't like when people do to you.

 

And don't deny that that is not true,  because we both know that it is.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Isn't this interesting......

 

You,  who don't like it when people take on your 2nd amendment rights,  are now blasting someone over his 1st amendment rights.       

 

Hmmmmm?

 

Remember,  free speech isn't free or protected unless unpopular speech is protected.

 

 

Nobody said he wasn't allowed to say it, they said that what is said is * stupid. It's kind of like when a thread gets moderated. Surely this 1 will be somewhere down the line, then I guess you can run this by the mods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You didn't.     And I didn't say you did.

 

I simply said what you did to Kaepernick is what you don't like when people do to you.

 

And don't deny that that is not true,  because we both know that it is.

 

That is not even close to the same.   I never suggested taking away any of his rights.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am not sure though blaming America and America only here is the way to go about it or protesting the American flag and anthem. Many good people live in this country, we are not all bad. 

 

 

It's the only way in the minds of people like him UNLESS this is just a desperation Donovan McNabb type tactic. I haven't ruled that out completely under the circumstances he's been in the last 2 years. For that he's still an * but that's about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alot of finger pointing,  and making it personal going on here.  This shouldn't be about anyone on this forum.

 

This is about Kap and  what he did,  or didn't do depending on how you're looking at it.

 

It will work itself out as far as he is concerned.  But of course, that is just my opinion.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That is not even close to the same.   I never suggested taking away any of his rights.  

 

Do you have any idea how often you give * to people who question your 2nd amendment rights?

 

All the time.      Whenever the topic comes up.        You don't like it.      

 

And now you're doing it the same thing to Kaepernick.

 

You asked if I've been in the service.     The answer is no.     And if you have,  then I thank you for your service to your country.      But one of the things that service members fight for is free speech.    That includes UNPOPULAR free speech including things like flag burning and not standing for the national anthem.

 

Personally,   I wouldn't do either of those things.     But I wouldn't call a person of color an * for doing what he thinks is right.       Especially since you're not black.    Not a person of color.     Not a minority.      You're a white person who is in the majority calling a minority an * for standing on principle over something you don't agree with.

 

Really brave of you.      A real Profile in Courage.  

 

Late Add:   Oh,  and Kaepernick isn't trying to take away any of YOUR rights.    All he's doing is expressing his right.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Do you have any idea how often you give * to people who question your 2nd amendment rights?

 

All the time.      Whenever the topic comes up.        You don't like it.      

 

And now you're doing it the same thing to Kaepernick.

 

You asked if I've been in the service.     The answer is no.     And if you have,  then I thank you for your service to your country.      But one of the things that service members fight for is free speech.    That includes UNPOPULAR free speech including things like flag burning and not standing for the national anthem.

 

Personally,   I wouldn't do either of those things.     But I wouldn't call a person of color an * for doing what he thinks is right.       Especially since you're not black.    Not a person of color.     Not a minority.      You're a white person who is in the majority calling a minority an * for standing on principle over something you don't agree with.

 

Really brave of you.      A real Profile in Courage.  

 

 

First off,  I never challenged his right to free speech.

 

Second,  He is an butt hat and isn't standing on principle.  He won't stand for the anthem of his country that also happens to have a black president.  Get real.  He wanted to get attention,  nothing more

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

First off,  I never challenged his right to free speech.

 

Second,  He is an butt hat and isn't standing on principle.  He won't stand for the anthem of his country that also happens to have a black president.  Get real.  He wanted to get attention,  nothing more

 

This is your opinion.....    and, of course,  you have no FACTS to back it up.

 

Get back to me when you find facts that back it up.       Until then........     Yawn.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...