Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Verrrrryyy Interesting Interview With Pm/changes Sadden Manning (Merge)

Case

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton's has kids, rehab, Eli or Tom win the Superbowl in his house, and then we hear he may not be a Colts next season. He better end his career here in Indy. Jim Irsay owes that man more then 28mil bonus. He gave his neck for this team period.

These things I know. Irsay & Manning have both only said they want him to finish his career in Indy. Together they can work the money and contracts and situation to whatever they desire because they trust each other.

Anaylysts have proven over and over to not be good sources of information.

Manning's needs are being met. Manning sees to that. When the USA couldn't meet his needs he went to Europe.

Grigsen is busy, more busy than even he expected. He has alot of positions to fill, players to resign, and prepare for a most important draft. ...and not much time to do it! Best thing he can do for Peyton is get a coaching staff, defense, and running game.

If Manning didn't think he could play next year, he wouldn't be working so hard to be ready.

Even when BK writes a decent aricle, I still don't want to renew my Star subscription.

The most probable path to the next Super Bowl for the Colt's is a healthy Peyton Manning with an adequate defense and running game. That's the most important probability to me.

When the future is unknown, some choose to tear down and some choose to build up.

I wish they wouldn't be so secretive about Peyton's recovery. What can it possible hurt if they release some footage of him throwing, exercising or rehabbing? Come out and say I'm 40, 50, 60% in my recovery.

I believe he's already officially listed a questionable for week 1.

I dont know a whole a lot about contract situations and stuff but what if the colts cut Peyton Manning, and then resign him to a new deal??

The Colts would get a cap hit from the previous contract, then another from whatever new contract was made.

Every day it appears more likely Manning is done. One big reason the decision will come from the owner not the GM. It is sad but not as sad as the idea of seeing Manning lying face down on the turf with paralyzing injuries. Nothing but great memeories as we all have seen his rise and glory.

Peyton is done as a Colt, 28 mil to see him wear a neck brace? He does not even know how is medically, and we expect to come back at Peyton level; put down the kool-aid already.

Do you have a twitter account, or a blog?

Because I'd sure like to follow you.

You really seem to have a much better grasp of what's really going on with the Colts than the FO does.

A business is a business! Now for the truth. Makes me sick the lack of loyalty over all in the NFL. Continuity is so important to a team as well as familiarity. The greatest teams have always taken care of their players and supported a family environment.. Seems like only yesterday Irsay had his head so far into peyton saying he WILL retire a Colt and making him the highest paid player! What did Peyton do? he turned it down for the betterment of the team. Now, in a few short weeks Peyton is all but released. Really. thats what he gets after breathing life into lifeless team. After wanting to retire a Colt. Mr Irsay, get ur head outa ur *** and do the right thing for the team, the city, and the NFL. Give Peyton the choice. He not going to tell u he's healthy if he isn't or tell u he'll be ready if he won't! Pretty sad when he says that he doesn't recognize anything or body in the complex.

Facts...

1. Irsay has said he will not TRADE peyton. - Irsay's interview with Hannah Storm on ESPN
  2. "I think the situation is if he's back and he's healthy, I see him coming back and playing here," - Irsay before texans game.
  3. Irsay said he will draft a QB and will be looking at the top 2 (Luck & RGIII) - interview with Hannah Storm on ESPN
  4. Clyde Christensen was NOT fired.
  5. Peyton wants to retire a Colt.

Everything else is speculation...

It is worth noting, since a lot people seem to jump to conclusions and say things like, "Peyton sounds sad or like a man on his way out," Kravitz said in his recollection of the interview that Peyton was more upbeat than he'd seen him in a long time and that when Kravitz said he though Peyton was done in Indy he clearly pointed to what HE saw as "signs" Petyon was done. He doesn't refer to Peyton Manning's giving any hints. The interview they had is right there for us to read, so we get the same info Kravitz got, build your own opinion, because at this point Kravitz knows no more than we do.

Personally speaking however, I am of the opinion that people like Kravitz and La Confora are bringing up signs that cannot perhaps be ignored. (A rebuilding team, an old vet with an uncertain future, a new GM who hadn't met with Peyton yet, the personal training coach fired) And these guys know that Irsay has said it comes down to Peyton being healthy, but think of it this way, the new adminstration in Indy isn't even rebuilt yet, so we don't even know what kind of a new team we're going to be or what style of offense or defense we're going to play. AND that's not even the huge problems like what do we do with Peyton Manning or our biggest starters going to free agency or who do we draft. It's easy for Irsay to say, "Hey, I recognize the importance of Peyton Manning so if he's healthy he plays", before he gets to the issue after a new GM a new HC and assistant coaches arrive and everyone's opinions factor in. "OH, WELL IRSAY HAS THE FINAL SAY!" Yes he does, but is it always the smart decision to take 28mil from the salary cap for one player when you can spend that money for new young players today and prepare for wins tomorrow?

I think for so many Indy fans, the reality hasn't sunk in that we have to rebuild, if you look at how different our team is from just 2 years ago and just look at who we're probably going to lose in the offseason just this year, it's hard see even with Peyton how we can have a 10 win season again, let alone make it to a Superbowl. Also people don't seem to understand how 1 draft never solves anyones problems. So many people seem to think, "Hey, let's get Peyton and Luck, and with our other picks we'll rebuild into a great team!" It doesn't work like that. once you get into the 6th round the likely hood for star players plummets; and with Luck and Peyton you can almost gaurantee losing all those free agents due to salary issues. We need Linemen, we need recievers, we need DEs, Cornerbacks, etc... now look at our draft picks from last year (2 went to Injured Reserve). Many analysts graded our picks fairly well, but the results awful, our top 3 picks were all injured for at least multiple games this year, and even when they weren't hurt they weren't huge impact players. So how do you think in 5 rounds this year with the 1st being a garuanteed QB, are we going to get lucky enough to fill those holes with impact players, all in a organization who now has ZERO consistency, because everyone has to learn a new system, and if you look at teams with mass success, New England, Green Bay, New Orleans, Indy 5 years ago they are all fully consistant. Maybe we'll build back up to that, but it takes several years, which means Peyton gone before real success even hits. This is why it makes the most sense that they'll drop Peyton and take this first pick year as an opportunity to start rebuilding now rather than delay the inevitable.