Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Thought Makes Me Sick...

lance.acres

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my favorite win as a sportsfan, even better than 2004 comeback against the Yankees. Brady getting his 4th in the house that Payton built, and forever ending the Brady/Payton discussions and proving that 2007 was a fluke.

Flap your gums all you want but please don't spray paint anymore pickups w/ Colts bumper stickers on them...........

You know what? Tom will be in the Colts locker room, looking at Peyton's locker, and thinking this.

"I've now been to 5 Super Bowls, 4 on the backs of my defense, and I will never be as good as the guy that occupies this locker. If he had the defense I had, he would be the one with 3 rings and not me. He re-invented the game pretty much by himself. Me? Gosh, all I do is stand behind that Great Wall of China offensive line that gives me 15 seconds to throw, and execute Belichick's game plan. I won nothing when we didn't have a top shelf defense. This year our defense is pulling a 2006 Colts and turning it on big time in the playoffs, so I am not sure if that counts or not. When opponents do get pressure on me, I tend to crumble and look like an average QB, like last week. Heck, I openly admitted I sucked! Would Peyton ever do that? I probably wouldn't be here if Lee Evans hung on to that pass, or Cundiff made that chip shot FG....b/c we were pretty much shut down on offense compared to most of this year. Eli is going to eat our lunch....hmmph."

just my thoughts..... :brady: :-)

You know what? Tom will be in the Colts locker room, looking at Peyton's locker, and thinking this.

"I've now been to 5 Super Bowls, 4 on the backs of my defense, and I will never be as good as the guy that occupies this locker. If he had the defense I had, he would be the one with 3 rings and not me. He re-invented the game pretty much by himself. Me? Gosh, all I do is stand behind that Great Wall of China offensive line that gives me 15 seconds to throw, and execute Belichick's game plan. I won nothing when we didn't have a top shelf defense. This year our defense is pulling a 2006 Colts and turning it on big time in the playoffs, so I am not sure if that counts or not. When opponents do get pressure on me, I tend to crumble and look like an average QB, like last week. Heck, I openly admitted I sucked! Would Peyton ever do that? I probably wouldn't be here if Lee Evans hung on to that pass, or Cundiff made that chip shot FG....b/c we were pretty much shut down on offense compared to most of this year. Eli is going to eat our lunch....hmmph."

No, Peyton would have just blamed his offensive line.

Peyton reinvented the game? Seriously, did you just claim that? Wow. Marino put up better numbers than Peyton, so Marino should get credit before Peyton.

Peyton reinvented the game? Seriously, did you just claim that? Wow. Marino put up better numbers than Peyton, so Marino should get credit before Peyton.

Correction....Marino did have better numbers than Manning. Manning has since broken most of Marinos records. And I hated the idea of Manning breaking them early on because I am a huge Marino fan. Don't get me wrong, Marino absolutely changed the game. However, Manning redefined the QB position and changed the way teams have played defense against him. You cannot deny that.

You need to let it go. We are friendly with Germany, Japan, and vietnam these days. Our worst enemies are now some of our best friends. It's time to be a gracious host and welcome the Pats in with gusto. SHow the Pats what great people Colts fans are (I won't be there to do it).

This will be my favorite win as a sportsfan, even better than 2004 comeback against the Yankees. Brady getting his 4th in the house that Payton built, and forever ending the Brady/Payton discussions and proving that 2007 was a fluke.

Hey 'totalweakness' it's spelled PEYTON. :troll:

Viri, your starting to troll, seriuosly man. I dont have hatred for you cause your a Pats fan, but your making some bullheaded comments. That could be taken as trolling. Keep it cool.

Anywho..

Do you really think Marino studied, read defenses, made his own lingo, and shredded defenses like Manning? No, he didnt. Marino would be possibly the greatesr ever... if... he ever had a defense to help him. Give Marino a good efense and see how many SB that TEAM could have won.

Manning changed the way defenses show their hand before a play.

Manning has one of the quickest releases in the leauge due in part to a O line that collapses too quickly. Dont agree, go watch some tape.

Viri, your starting to troll, seriuosly man. I dont have hatred for you cause your a Pats fan, but your making some bullheaded comments. That could be taken as trolling. Keep it cool.

Anywho..

Do you really think Marino studied, read defenses, made his own lingo, and shredded defenses like Manning? No, he didnt. Marino would be possibly the greatesr ever... if... he ever had a defense to help him. Give Marino a good efense and see how many SB that TEAM could have won.

Manning changed the way defenses show their hand before a play.

Manning has one of the quickest releases in the leauge due in part to a O line that collapses too quickly. Dont agree, go watch some tape.

I will virtually guarantee right now that you didn't watch Marino. How old are you?

Yes, Marino DID do those things.

And please, don't even try to say that Marino didn't have a fast release. Ask any of us who actually watched him. He had perhaps THE fastest delivery in NFL history. That's what made him so deadly.

Yes, Marino DID do those things. And please, don't even try to say that Marino didn't have a fast release. Ask any of us who actually watched him. He had perhaps THE fastest delivery in NFL history. That's what made him so deadly.

You're right: Marino > Brady

I will virtually guarantee right now that you didn't watch Marino. How old are you?

Yes, Marino DID do those things.

And please, don't even try to say that Marino didn't have a fast release. Ask any of us who actually watched him. He had perhaps THE fastest delivery in NFL history. That's what made him so deadly.

Dude, do you even read what people post or just argue because your for some reason unhappy?

When did i say Marino didnt have a quick release?? Humm??

And i did watch Marino. Thanks.

Actually, most Patriot fans could care less where it is. Just like we didn't care when we were in New Orleans, Houston, or Jacksonville.

Sorry, but you guys are putting far too much emphasis on this. We Patriot fans don't even look at the Colts as a major rival anymore. That belongs to the Jets and Steelers.

yeah but it's great material for jokes. bring them on!! :)

They'll be planting surveillance stuff EVERYWHERE.

proves what i said above haha

Have you compared their stats? Marino has 6 4000 yard passing seasons, Favre has 6 as well...Peyton has 11, in 13 years of experience compared to 37 between Favre and Marino.

Peyton did not reinvent the way QB was played, however thats only because he is the only one who can play that way.

If Brady uses Manning's actual locker, he'll probably be thinking...

"Why is the helmet cubby so big? Dang, I could park my Audi in that thing."

First, let me say that I will be a big fan of the Giants for the SB. I've already called my local radio station and requested that they play and dedicate "Eli's Coming" to all the Patriot fans. Well, not really. But, I have thought about it.

However, if the Patriots win; I won't be that upset. If the Colts had been in contention and especially if the Patriots had been the ones to knock out the Colts, then I would have been more upset. Now, the fact that the SB is in Indy doesn't make it seem any different to me than if it were anyplace else.

I have also been trying to find an upside to this game and found that I take great pleasure in knowing that the Patriot fans will be be subjected to viewing the David Tyree catch over and over and over again in the coming days leading up to the SB.

Have you compared their stats? Marino has 6 4000 yard passing seasons, Favre has 6 as well...Peyton has 11, in 13 years of experience compared to 37 between Favre and Marino.

Peyton did not reinvent the way QB was played, however thats only because he is the only one who can play that way.

And Marino played during an era where CBs, LBs, and safeties could mug WRs and TEs.

Now, partially thanks to the Colts, if you breathe on a WR, you get penalized.

Different times, different outcomes, and yet Marino STILL did what he did during a time that was much more difficult for a QB than these days.

And Marino played during an era where CBs, LBs, and safeties could mug WRs and TEs.

Different times, different outcomes, and yet Marino STILL did what he did during a time that was much more difficult for a QB than these days.

I have to agree...

Marino would TORCH the defenses teams use today. Statistics do not compare across eras.

You know what's amazing? We made it through Colts vs Pats weak almost flawlessly...there were few if none Brady vs Manning threads...the hate seemed to subside and it was one of the easier weeks here we've ever seen.

Only now, when the Patriots are in the Superbowl, a game which has nothing to do with the Colts, do the Brady vs Manning threads start back up and the rivalry reverts back to 2004.

We Colts fans should team up with the incoming Giants fans punch every Patriot supporter right in the mouth be it man, woman, or child. This will make them think twice about coming to our humble city to win a title. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way.

In all seriousness Peyton is not the GOAT..and neither is Brady. If we want to see who's better between them, then set the criteria first and compare.

HAH! "thanks to the colts" Got any sources to back up that claim? Or are you simply pulling it out of your .... Well using your logic then thanks to Mr. Brady you cant even look at the QB without getting flagged.

Marino played in a time where the Mel Blount was freshly set in place, DBs where forced to change their game. They could no longer "mug" the WRs by the time Marino was drafted. So thats no real advantage there. Plus nowadays there are so many more coverages, blitz disguises etc... that is is much more difficult to play QB today then it was 30 years ago.

You know what's amazing? We made it through Colts vs Pats weak almost flawlessly...there were few if none Brady vs Manning threads...the hate seemed to subside and it was one of the easier weeks here we've ever seen.

Only now, when the Patriots are in the Superbowl, a game which has nothing to do with the Colts, do the Brady vs Manning threads start back up and the rivalry reverts back to 2004.

¡Viva la Rivalidad!

I don't personally hate Tom Brady, it's more of a grudging jealousy/respect. I see Tom Brady as what Peyton Manning could have been with a defense and aggresive coaching. It's impossible to place one above the other in anything other than opinion, but it's still fun to debate.

We Colts fans should team up with the incoming Giants fans punch every Patriot supporter right in the mouth be it man, woman, or child. This will make them think twice about coming to our humble city to win a title. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way.

In all seriousness Peyton is not the GOAT..and neither is Brady. If we want to see who's better between them, then set the criteria first and compare.

Please tell me this was sarcasm?

Patriot fans,

Please don't judge all of us Colts fans based on the above post! :ashamed:

Thanks to the Colts? I think Brady is the one who changes rules...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/tom-brady-gets-roughed-if-by-roughed-you-mean-gently-nudged?urn=nfl,wp14981

http://articles.boston.com/2009-03-24/sports/29263608_1_brady-rule-chiefs-safety-bernard-pollard-knee

HAH! "thanks to the colts" Got any sources to back up that claim? Or are you simply pulling it out of your .... Well using your logic then thanks to Mr. Brady you cant even look at the QB without getting flagged.

Marino played in a time where the Mel Blount was freshly set in place, DBs where forced to change their game. They could no longer "mug" the WRs by the time Marino was drafted. So thats no real advantage there. Plus nowadays there are so many more coverages, blitz disguises etc... that is is much more difficult to play QB today then it was 30 years ago.

1st he Said PARTIALLY .. reading is your friend.

2nd, are you nuts? Marino was in the era where Defense was still allowed to be played, it all changed when the Colts brought it to the commitee that a certain rule wasnt being inforced and ever since its become the Flag football league for D. (It was the 1st in a downward spiral of rules)

Marino would throw for 7k in a year with the current rules in place PERIOD.

Notice how NOWHERE in there did it say the Pats asked for the change, it's the league protecting their stars

So (just for the sake of argument) this could be seen as:

The league proactively protects Tom Brady and the Patriots by establishing rules to disallow hitting Tom Brady (other quarterbacks have taken similar hits and suffered similar injuries, but no rules were put into place with THEIR names on them).

Meanwhile the Colts have to argue and complain just to get the officials make the proper calls (according to already established league rules) for our wide receivers.

:lol:

(I also fixed your grammer a bit)

First, let me say that I will be a big fan of the Giants for the SB. I've already called my local radio station and requested that they play and dedicate "Eli's Coming" to all the Patriot fans. Well, not really. But, I have thought about it.

However, if the Patriots win; I won't be that upset. If the Colts had been in contention and especially if the Patriots had been the ones to knock out the Colts, then I would have been more upset. Now, the fact that the SB is in Indy doesn't make it seem any different to me than if it were anyplace else.

I have also been trying to find an upside to this game and found that I take great pleasure in knowing that the Patriot fans will be be subjected to viewing the David Tyree catch over and over and over again in the coming days leading up to the SB.

That is hilarious!! Thanks shecolt.

If Brady uses Manning's actual locker, he'll probably be thinking...

"Why is the helmet cubby so big? Dang, I could park my Audi in that thing."

OR " omg omg omg look at all this room, omg like so much room like i could like fit all of my make up in there and like totally get my hair done while sitting in there like omg. But eeew, so manly i need to give this thing a makeover....Im gunna stop there, if i keep going im sure in a few months we will see a new show called "extreme locker makeover" with host Tom Brady haha

But i think Brady would like that, im sure Painter has left a few of his hair products in there that tom brady could use.

ahhh...i crack myself up.

But to actually talk some football here, I dont really care that the pats are playing in Indy. It really makes no difference. I just dont want the pats to win because all the media talks about now is tom brady this and tom brady that and did i mention tom brady? It gets repetitive and another SB ring for him might make me crazy. But he is an excellent player so if he wins he deserves it. But i have a feeling that the giants D will be commin after Mr. Brady all day, and when he gets pressured he is not nearly as good for whatever reason. He actually looks average in my opinion when he gets hit a couple times. It seems like if you can sack him 3 times more often then not the pats wont score more then 20 points.

1st he Said PARTIALLY .. reading is your friend.

2nd, are you nuts? Marino was in the era where Defense was still allowed to be played, it all changed when the Colts brought it to the commitee that a certain rule wasnt being inforced and ever since its become the Flag football league for D. (It was the 1st in a downward spiral of rules)

Marino would throw for 7k in a year with the current rules in place PERIOD.

7000 yards? thats like 440 yards a game...math is your friend. <---see what i did there? Marino was an excellent QB i never said he wasnt, one if the greatest all time. But c'mon now you call me nuts and then pull that out? If im nuts the you are just as loco as me my friend.