Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players Ruled Out for Preseason Game 2

Bluefire4

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/18/12535462/colts-rule-five-players-out-for-saturday-s-game-vs-ravens

"Head coach Chuck Pagano this morning ruled out offensive lineman Hugh Thornton, defensive back Darius Butler, inside linebacker Sio Moore, wide receiver Marcus Leak, and cornerback Jalil Brown. That is, of course, in addition to safety Clayton Geathers and defensive lineman Henry Anderson, who are on the NFI/PUP lists."

Hopefully this means we will get to see a lot of D'Joun Smith in the slot and outside. I'm looking forward to that as well as the improvement of other players who may have a bigger impact than expected early in the season.

I was hoping that Leak would be back this week. After we cut Boyce it opened up the competition for that 4th and 5th WR slot. Hopefully soon we can get all hands on deck so we can have good competition.

I am glad that Butler is sitting out this game. I hope Smith and Mitchel have significant reps this week.

Also another strike for Thornton. It would be nice to get him in the competition for that RG spot.

Yes! Everyone's been wanting to get a good look at Mitchel and Smith for a while now, so this is obviously great news. I don't expect them to light the world on fire, but would like to see what the team has got in terms of future/depth at the CB spot. 

On the contrary, things just keep getting worse for Thornton. As much as I want him to win that starting Right Guard spot, I'm starting to think that there's a better chance he gets cut than that happening. Oh well.

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And if this list is complete,   then we'll also get to see Art Jones.

Good.....    I hope he gets a decent amount of snaps.

Good observation. He's another guy to keep an eye on. Let's see how he does after not playing a game in so long. Hopefully he can provide at least some depth at the D Line.

I assume Langford being left off the list is an oversight?  I'd put both Thornton and Sio Moore on the IR ("significant hamstring injury" sounds ominous), and consider one of them as the possible IR returnee if we need him later in the season.