Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets see your fantasy teams

CR91

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Your team is great.    Just like every team in an 8 team format.    Every team will score 110 points a week

I think it makes the game more exciting that way then 50-70 point stinkers

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I take it you don't like my team. Care to explain why

But basically in those leagues, injuries mean very little in effecting your teams unless they are specifically a 1st or 2nd round pick. I get it's probably a fun league you're doing, but any serious FF player isn't going to take something like that serious when real cut throat competition money leagues are 12+ teams and take skill to draft and play throughout the season with.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

But basically in those leagues, injuries mean very little in effecting your teams unless they are specifically a 1st or 2nd round pick. I get it's probably a fun league you're doing, but any serious FF player isn't going to take something like that serious when real cut throat competition money leagues are 12+ teams and take skill to draft and play throughout the season with.

My league isn't for money and I honestly don't get what skill it takes to start a third string rb or wr hoping he scores a fluke td. Sure you have better talent in 8 team league, but you still have to make right decisions

Just now, CR91 said:

My league isn't for money and I honestly don't get what skill it takes to start a third string rb or wr hoping he scores a fluke td. Sure you have better talent in 8 team league, but you still have to make right decisions

It takes skill in drafting a 3rd rb or wr because you have to identify matchups. For example, what 3rd CB is Phillip Dorsett going against this week. Also you should never have a 3rd string rb starting except on a bye week. It's very easy, even in a 12 team league to get 2 starting rbs. With plenty of rbs getting 10+ carries a week, there's never a shortage. 8 team leagues I could win with an auto draft, because all of the talent is so good, and everyone is basically even. It almost completely takes away any point of the waiver wire as well, as you won't be dropping your high end talent unless they get injured most of the time. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It takes skill in drafting a 3rd rb or wr because you have to identify matchups. For example, what 3rd CB is Phillip Dorsett going against this week. Also you should never have a 3rd string rb starting except on a bye week. It's very easy, even in a 12 team league to get 2 starting rbs. With plenty of rbs getting 10+ carries a week, there's never a shortage. 8 team leagues I could win with an auto draft, because all of the talent is so good, and everyone is basically even. It almost completely takes away any point of the waiver wire as well, as you won't be dropping your high end talent unless they get injured most of the time. 

I abuse the heck out of my waiver wire. The talent pool isn't as high as you think. I've seen 8 team league teams fold to nothing because their team was so lousy. 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I abuse the heck out of my waiver wire. The talent pool isn't as high as you think. I've seen 8 team league teams fold to nothing because their team was so lousy. 

You're playing correctly then. The majority of the leagues I have played in with 8 teams just keep their teams throughout the year because they don't want to drop a proven high talent that's struggling for a breakout guy because of the league size. It still cripples the waiver wire to an extent though, and makes it more about who had the best draft as most of these breakout stars off waivers can't measure up to a properly executed draft in an 8 team league.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Also,  why draft 2 defenses ever,   And why 2 tight ends in an 8 team league?

There's also no Kicker, which is not in some leagues, but it takes away some slight strategy as well. I'm assuming that frees a spot for another TE or defense. Personally he should have a 5th WR.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Also,  why draft 2 defenses ever,   And why 2 tight ends in an 8 team league?

My league, you can get a lot of points for defense of you pick correctly. I base defense by match-up. I don't expect elifert to score 13 tds again and I like Green's potential

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You're playing correctly then. The majority of the leagues I have played in with 8 teams just keep their teams throughout the year because they don't want to drop a proven high talent that's struggling for a breakout guy because of the league size. It still cripples the waiver wire to an extent though, and makes it more about who had the best draft as most of these breakout stars off waivers can't measure up to a properly executed draft in an 8 team league.

Not my league. We all pay close attention to the wire

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Not my league. We all pay close attention to the wire

I would love to see how your league runs throughout the year. It seems with 8 teams, it would be strange seeing players dropped and picked up. You literally have 5 starting rbs on your team. That is an easy league, my friend. I just can't take that very serious, as long as you have fun though.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There's also no Kicker, which is not in some leagues, but it takes away some slight strategy as well. I'm assuming that frees a spot for another TE or defense. Personally he should have a 5th WR.

Do you play in any auction drafts?--so much different.   I'm in a 12 team auction league with IDP.  The draft takes forever

Do you play in any auction drafts?--so much different.   I'm in a 12 team auction league with IDP.  The draft takes forever

I've only played in two, won one and 3rd in the other. The 12 team ones are extremely fun and extremely hard. I bought Charles and Lynch last year and both eventually went down. I picked up David Johnson and he helped a ton along with Tim Hightower. The person who really saved me was Cam Newton, as I got him for $17. Basically won me the league. Matt Ryan was the backup and never really needed him. Other league I had Rodgers and kinda struggled. They make you think though. Love the challenge!

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would love to see how your league runs throughout the year. It seems with 8 teams, it would be strange seeing players dropped and picked up. You literally have 5 starting rbs on your team. That is an easy league, my friend. I just can't take that very serious, as long as you have fun though.

True, but it doesn't guarantee they'll have a good year and I'll drop them in a heartbeat if there's someone putting up better numbers

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I've only played in two, won one and 3rd in the other. The 12 team ones are extremely fun and extremely hard. I bought Charles and Lynch last year and both eventually went down. I picked up David Johnson and he helped a ton along with Tim Hightower. The person who really saved me was Cam Newton, as I got him for $17. Basically won me the league. Matt Ryan was the backup and never really needed him. Other league I had Rodgers and kinda struggled. They make you think though. Love the challenge!

Yeah,  I always nominate players I don't want in hopes the other guys spend a bunch on them

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

True, but it doesn't guarantee they'll have a good year and I'll drop them in a heartbeat if there's someone putting up better numbers

Well, the point I'm trying to make is, you didn't have to sacrifice the rest of your team to get them. You made the right in stocking up on them, but it didn't cost you much. The rest of the team is still good. In a 12 team league, the rest of my team would be relatively bare besides a no1 WR and a solid QB maybe.

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Oh no there is a kicker. I have tucker

Yeah,  I always nominate players I don't want in hopes the other guys spend a bunch on them

I do that as well early. The tough part is late when you only have a few dollars left, you have to check everyone's cash and decide whether to bid a dollar on a player you want, or try and sneak a $2 bid in there and take him. That's when strategy comes in and knowing not to overspend.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, the point I'm trying to make is, you didn't have to sacrifice the rest of your team to get them. You made the right in stocking up on them, but it didn't cost you much. The rest of the team is still good. In a 12 team league, the rest of my team would be relatively bare besides a no1 WR and a solid QB maybe.

Have to stock up on other guys hand cuffs late .  If someone gets hurt you are the beneficiary

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I do that as well early. The tough part is late when you only have a few dollars left, you have to check everyone's cash and decide whether to bid a dollar on a player you want, or try and sneak a $2 bid in there and take him. That's when strategy comes in and knowing not to overspend.

Well not exactly. While yes I stockpiled on rbs and wrs, I had to take second tier qbs and tes which I'm fine with because I always find gems on the wire

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Have to stock up on other guys hand cuffs late .  If someone gets hurt you are the beneficiary

Absolutely. Usually I'll draft 3 rbs in the first 5 or 6 rounds, 2 in the first 3. Gotta get those guys who are close to featured running backs. Last year in my money league, i took hill and traded for bernard. That worked out as Bernard was the better back.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Well not exactly. While yes I stockpiled on rbs and wrs, I had to take second tier qbs and tes which I'm fine with because I always find gems on the wire

You quoted the wrong post, lol. Eifert is elite when healthy and Carson Palmer is still a no1 QB. You just didn't get someone like Rodgers, Cam or Luck. I can also argue you were able to wait on QB because only 7 at most were probably chosen before you. So it really leaves a ton out there in an 8 team league.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely. Usually I'll draft 3 rbs in the first 5 or 6 rounds, 2 in the first 3. Gotta get those guys who are close to featured running backs. Last year in my money league, i took hill and traded for bernard. That worked out as Bernard was the better back.

Especially in PPR

Especially in PPR

Yeah for sure. This wasn't a PPR league, but just getting a couple big hit guys like DeAndre Hopkins in the 5th last year and Antonio Brown, really put me way ahead in most weeks. In a 8 team league, a couple people could have matched that, in a 12 team league, I had the best WR's and it carried me, especially getting Gary Barnidge off waivers at TE, and David Johnson at RB. You are rewarded for drafting well, and the breakout waiver stars are good enough to put your team over the top when you choose correctly. It's the right balance of teams, IMO. 

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You quoted the wrong post, lol. Eifert is elite when healthy and Carson Palmer is still a no1 QB. You just didn't get someone like Rodgers, Cam or Luck. I can also argue you were able to wait on QB because only 7 at most were probably chosen before you. So it really leaves a ton out there in an 8 team league.

10 actually haha

48 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah for sure. This wasn't a PPR league, but just getting a couple big hit guys like DeAndre Hopkins in the 5th last year and Antonio Brown, really put me way ahead in most weeks. In a 8 team league, a couple people could have matched that, in a 12 team league, I had the best WR's and it carried me, especially getting Gary Barnidge off waivers at TE, and David Johnson at RB. You are rewarded for drafting well, and the breakout waiver stars are good enough to put your team over the top when you choose correctly. It's the right balance of teams, IMO. 

I got Hopkins in most leagues in the late second early third last year.    Not gonna happen this year.   I think moncrief will out perform his fantasy draft status this year though.   I'll be hoping to get him in the middle rounds

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I got Hopkins in most leagues in the late second early third last year.    Not gonna happen this year.   I think moncrief will out perform his fantasy draft status this year though.   I'll be hoping to get him in the middle rounds

You had to draft Hopkins early then, I must of got him at a good bargain even last year. Moncrief I completely agree on. I'll be getting him as a #3 WR. Really going to start mocking this week for a money league. Only have time for 1 again with 7 baseball leagues, but I'll put some work into it.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

You had to draft Hopkins early then, I must of got him at a good bargain even last year. Moncrief I completely agree on. I'll be getting him as a #3 WR. Really going to start mocking this week for a money league. Only have time for 1 again with 7 baseball leagues, but I'll put some work into it.

I can't do fantasy baseball.   Way too much work. Lol

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I can't do fantasy baseball.   Way too much work. Lol

I'm 100X better at fantasy baseball than fantasy football. I love the work and can watch games for hours. Been in 11 money leagues and made the playoffs in 10, finals in 8, and won 4. Also do fantasy baseball on fanduel and have won $2700 (not all of it profit). The deeper rosters are so fun for me, and I love trading. There's so much strategy, like getting a pitching team, a hitting team, a mixture. Usually I'll draft two aces, and trade two or three players for a third one before the season starts. This season, in a couple leagues, I have Bumgarner, Scherzer, and Kluber, and it's worked out wonderful. Was able to draft all 3 in the first 3 rounds. Just my personal strategy. Ever need help and decide to do it, I'm your guy.

4th annual money league of which I am the defending champion (10 team)

QB- Cam Newton, Tony Romo

RB- David Johnson, CJ Anderson, Demarco Murray, Frank Gore, Danny Woodhead

WR- Brandin Cooks, Julian Edleman, Doug Baldwin, Stefon Diggs, Sammie Coates

TE- Gary Barnidge, Martellus Bennett (freaking stole him)

K- Cairo Santos

DEF- Arizona Cardinals

4th year in a 10-team "dynasty" league. It's a weird format where we only have 15 roster spots and keep 10, but have to drop 1 of our top 5. 

QB- Palmer

RB- Forte, Rawls, Rashad Jennings, Yeldon, Deangelo Williams, Christine Michael

WR- A. Brown, OBJ, K. Allen, J. Gordon, Kevin White

TE- Greg Olsen

K- Catanzaro

DEF- PIT

I've run into a string of bad luck with my RBs. A combination of bye weeks, injuries, and refused trades forced me to drop Carlos Hyde mid-year last year. The same week caused me to miss out on David Johnson on waivers (right before he took off). Forte sustains a minor injury and suddenly loses his guaranteed RB1 status. I am not an occupant of the CMike hype train, but Rawl's injury has made me nervous. Of course, Jacksonville decided they needed Ivory instead of rolling with Yeldon...ugh.