Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Billings meniscus surgery

ColtsBlueFL

Andrew Billings underwent meniscus surgery and will most likely start the year on IR.  If it was a menisectomy, (trimming) there is a chance he could be 'designated for return' and maybe get in late in the season.  If sutured repair, I expect he stays on IR all season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000685456/article/andrew-billings-out-indefinitely-with-torn-meniscus

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Andrew Billings underwent meniscus surgery and will most likely start the year on IR.  If it was a menisectomy, (trimming) there is a chance he could be 'designated for return' and maybe get in late in the season.  If sutured repair, I expect he stays on IR all season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000685456/article/andrew-billings-out-indefinitely-with-torn-meniscus

Sucks for billings. Wish him well.

On a sidenote about the designated to return IR...I believe There was a rule change that surprisingly went under the radar in that they dont have to designate the player anymore. They can simply choose one player who has been on IR for 8+ weeks and bring him back.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Everyone wondered why he dropped in the draft, and there were rumors about him having an injury. He appears to have suffered the injury in practice recently, but I wonder to what extent the knee was already damaged...

I cant believe how many rookies are getting injured before they have even played a game. Rankins, Ragland, Lawson, and Billings. These are players we could've easily taken instead of Kelly. Hopefully Kelly stays healthy, even he had shoulder issue a week ago.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cant believe how many rookies are getting injured before they have even played a game. Rankins, Ragland, Lawson, and Billings. These are players we could've easily taken instead of Kelly. Hopefully Kelly stays healthy, even he had shoulder issue a week ago.

With the exception of Lawson, they all got hurt during practice. I guess Lawson did, too, but he had a lingering issue that was made worse in practice. He probably shouldn't have been out there.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Everyone wondered why he dropped in the draft, and there were rumors about him having an injury. He appears to have suffered the injury in practice recently, but I wonder to what extent the knee was already damaged...

We may never know, but I'm very happy now we avoided him. It could of been a completely separate incident, but It may not of been. He could also have lingering effects for his career, and we definitely didn't want that.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know if it's your intent to say this, but if you mean these players would of been injured for us instead had we chosen them, they wouldn't of been. It would of been a completely different set of circumstances in a different city with different people in a different stadium. They probably wouldn't of got hurt the exact same way. Maybe Billings, if it was his previous injury that had something to do with it. These players would have been in a different set of circumstances with us though.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't know if it's your intent to say this, but if you mean these players would of been injured for us instead had we chosen them, they wouldn't of been. It would of been a completely different set of circumstances in a different city with different people in a different stadium. They probably wouldn't of got hurt the exact same way. Maybe Billings, if it was his previous injury that had something to do with it. These players would have been in a different set of circumstances with us though.

Of course with a different set of circumstances some of these guys may have not got injured I agree. I just think getting injured in practice does show maybe these guys are a bit fragile. I am just surprised at all of the injuries more than anything because all 4 of these players looked to be pretty good coming into the Draft. Jalen Ramsey appears to be fine now but he is another one that has already injury issues for the Jags.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course with a different set of circumstances some of these guys may have not got injured I agree. I just think getting injured in practice does show maybe these guys are a bit fragile. I am just surprised at all of the injuries more than anything because all 4 of these players looked to be pretty good coming into the Draft. Jalen Ramsey appears to be fine now but he is another one that has already injury issues for the Jags.

Billings and Ragland had some possible injury concerns, the other two did not. With 32 teams, and over 250 draft picks (with the extra 32 picks given out), the law of averages and practices along with preseason will ultimately injure a few of them. That's where luck comes in and you have to hope it isn't the Colts, and more importantly, high draft picks. Those 4 were relatively high picks, also William Jackson III for the Bengals is out a while, who was a 1st rounder. The equivalent of Ragland out for the year for the Bills is TJ Green for us, that's why Luck with injuries plays a part in who wins the SB every year.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Billings and Ragland had some possible injury concerns, the other two did not. With 32 teams, and over 250 draft picks (with the extra 32 picks given out), the law of averages and practices along with preseason will ultimately injure a few of them. That's where luck comes in and you have to hope it isn't the Colts, and more importantly, high draft picks. Those 4 were relatively high picks, also William Jackson III for the Bengals is out a while, who was a 1st rounder. The equivalent of Ragland out for the year for the Bills is TJ Green for us, that's why Luck with injuries plays a part in who wins the SB every year.

Yeah I like TJ Green, hopefully he can stay healthy. We need all the help we can get on Defense. I love his speed.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I like TJ Green, hopefully he can stay healthy. We need all the help we can get on Defense. I love his speed.

Me too, I've warmed up to him. I can't wait to watch him in the regular season, he has quickly turned into my favorite pick in the draft.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Me too, I've warmed up to him. I can't wait to watch him in the regular season, he has quickly turned into my favorite pick in the draft.

TJ was running step for step with Marquis Goodwin and Goodwin is an Olympic Sprinter with a 4.2 forty on the low side and has run as fast as 4.17.  Now that's what I like to see out of a safety. Kids got speed!  Any other safety and that is a touchdown.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This could turn into Grigs best Draft since 2012 when we drafted Luck and TY. Kelly and Green both have a lot of promise.

I think both Green and Kelly will be big hits and starters for us. Not 100% sure about everyone else yet. I like Haeg a ton too, he'd be the person I'd be most confident about next. I definitely think it could be close to 2012, and we may get more out of it (besides Luck obviously).

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

TJ was running step for step with Marquis Goodwin and Goodwin is an Olympic Sprinter with a 4.2 forty on the low side and has run as fast as 4.17.  Now that's what I like to see out of a safety. Kids got speed!

That is amazing. He reminds me of Troy Polamalu honestly. If he gets anywhere as good as him, we may have the steal of the draft. I have no doubt if he stayed in college another year, he would be a 1st rounder in 2017. Amazing potential at 21.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

If TJ keeps getting in there playing well I could see them leaving him in there.  Hard to put a freak on the bench even for an established old veteran.

I would love to see Adams and Green play together, along with Geathers as a backup. Our safeties could go from relatively weak to extremely strong in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Buffalo is just getting hammered.  Now Marcel Dareus is facing another suspension just like he did last year.

Marcell Dareus facing four-game suspension

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000686037/article/marcell-dareus-facing-fourgame-suspension

21 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That is amazing. He reminds me of Troy Polamalu honestly. If he gets anywhere as good as him, we may have the steal of the draft. I have no doubt if he stayed in college another year, he would be a 1st rounder in 2017. Amazing potential at 21.

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts

Monachino on rookie safety T.J. Green: ?Love where he is, we all know he?s got to continue to improve.? Could definitely be a Week 1 starter

22 hours ago, krunk said:

TJ was running step for step with Marquis Goodwin and Goodwin is an Olympic Sprinter with a 4.2 forty on the low side and has run as fast as 4.17.  Now that's what I like to see out of a safety. Kids got speed!  Any other safety and that is a touchdown.

Yep, others can see it in this video: http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Preseason-Week-1-Bills-vs-Colts-highlights/68c074bd-952f-4146-b494-639e9ebb36d3

Look at the 1:15 mark, I think that is what you are referring to.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep, others can see it in this video: http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Preseason-Week-1-Bills-vs-Colts-highlights/68c074bd-952f-4146-b494-639e9ebb36d3

Look at the 1:15 mark, I think that is what you are referring to.

Yeah,  I'm going to watch the full game for a 3rd time tonight when I get home from work.  Somebody posted it on YouTube.