Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sounds like TJ Green is coming along very well...

RockThatBlue

I know he's raw, but when I hear about TJ.... his speed and hitting ability, it reminds me of Bob Sanders.  I also like his size and primarily his length.  I'm hoping with that speed and length, he can cover the Gronk type players which are so difficult to match up against.  I'm really optimistic he could be a big piece of the defense if he develops as we hope.  That size and speed can make up for a lot at that position.  Blitzing him could be interesting too.  I'm liking this pick more and more.

i really don't understand why Grigs gets so much heat for "his" draft picks.  I feel he's done pretty well overall actually. Sure, some of the free agents haven't panned out as planned, but just a couple years ago we had half the roster (or more) turn over and had spots to fill and a lot of $ to spend.  It seems more free agents to change teams don't live up to expectations than those that do.  If we look around the league, I feel we still have one of the top organizations in football.

6 hours ago, theanarchist said:

Some people are born with it. Those are rare tho. What I'm saying is that the guy didn't look good on the games that I watched and he has a long way to go based on the opinion of people like Gil Brandt and other scouting services. He would have benefited from staying in school another year. But, since he didnt and we spent a 2nd round pick on him then he's going to have to learn fast. Some people arent good with having a big learning curve like that. I hope he is one of those that learns quickly because no matter what it's a huge jump from college to NFL even when your tape in college suggests your ready.

Absolutely nobody is born with it. Not one person ever would be in the right spot without ever having played before, or deep knowledge of the playbook. 

Grigson draft has been okay all these years.  I think his is the first year and grigs and pag actually met in the middle with the draft.  Grigson took the colts back a few users though with all the FA he brought in that didn't pan out which is most of them being over paid then getting cut. 

55 minutes ago, Iancolts said:

Grigson draft has been okay all these years.  I think his is the first year and grigs and pag actually met in the middle with the draft.  Grigson took the colts back a few users though with all the FA he brought in that didn't pan out which is most of them being over paid then getting cut. 

Not really. What really set the Colts back was him missing on 2 straight 1st round picks.

1 hour ago, Iancolts said:

Name all the free agents who were over paid. All but one that I can think of signed very team friendly contracts and were signed pretty much their worth in line with what the rest of the NFL were paying.

On 8/5/2016 at 9:55 AM, theanarchist said:

Let me say this: Bob Sanders was drafted #44 in 2004. Sanders ran a sub 4.4 at the combine. His college tape was off the charts. His problem was durability. But if you watch college film of these two, they arent even in the same ball park.

Gil Brandt like him enough in January to say that of all the players on his list, he should have stayed in school and gotten more experience.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000626975/article/2016-nfl-draft-7-players-who-should-have-stayed-in-school

I know they play the same position, but it's tough for me to compare him to Sanders.  Sanders was like 5'8".  Green is like 6'2" or 6'3", depending on what source you look at.  Green is long and athletic, Sanders was short and built like a fire-hydrant and tough as nails.  Both are fast.  Other than them being 2nd round picks and playing safety I don't think they compare well at all.  Just different body types altogether.

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Not really. What really set the Colts back was him missing on 2 straight 1st round picks.

He didn't just miss, they were a couple air balls.  Werner and TRich really contributed zero.

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I know they play the same position, but it's tough for me to compare him to Sanders.  Sanders was like 5'8".  Green is like 6'2" or 6'3", depending on what source you look at.  Green is long and athletic, Sanders was short and built like a fire-hydrant and tough as nails.  Both are fast.  Other than them being 2nd round picks and playing safety I don't think they compare well at all.  Just different body types altogether.

Sanders was a true SS where as I see green being a FS with much better ball skills but won't lay the wood like sanders would

2 hours ago, twfish said:

Sanders was a true SS where as I see green being a FS with much better ball skills but won't lay the wood like sanders would

Yeah Geathers is more Sanders than Green. Geathers knocked out Devonta Freeman with a legal hit. That's pure Sanders stuff right there.

On August 7, 2016 at 6:28 AM, Iancolts said:

On August 7, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Defjamz26 said:

'13 was bad, none of those guys are even on the team anymore. But '13 was a bad draft league wide, so it's also kind of a wash. We all wish we could have the Richardson pick back. I liked these last 2 drafts though, & '14 even gave us Mewhort & Moncrief. We could honestly have it a lot worse.

As one of those that thought he was a 4-7 round player  despite his athletic talent I really hope he gets it on the field and contributes big when the time comes. Love the athletic talent but the film didn't come close to matching it. Again though I hope pays off big. Cant say I will blame him solely if he doesn't work out though when the times come and he gets his shot likely next year

On August 4, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Please let me be wrong on this guy I'm ready to have a pair of awesome safeties!!!

I enjoy posts like this CF12 probably because I'm usually more wrong than right on draft prospects myself. 

I just got a kick out of your glee over perhaps being wrong & being cool with it as long as TJ Green pans out & exceeds your expectations. Bravo CF12! 

I would actually expect Green to start week 1. If you are a second round pick, you have to start as a Rookie. Not saying it's fair, but it's the way it is. If Green isn't ready to play this year, this makes Grigson look bad. We all know that Grigson will play guys just to make him good as a GM. See T Rich and Harrison

16 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

I would actually expect Green to start week 1. If you are a second round pick, you have to start as a Rookie. Not saying it's fair, but it's the way it is. If Green isn't ready to play this year, this makes Grigson look bad. We all know that Grigson will play guys just to make him good as a GM. See T Rich and Harrison

Do I need to follow all your post to point out your a troll now and prove you wrong? "If you are a second round pick, you have to start" what? No that's not how it works, not at all. Alot of times not even first round picks start immediately. Play guys just to make him look good? And you use T-Rich and harrison as examples? Trust me I'm not a fan of harrison at all but he was a udfa where as Holmes was a third round draft pick (and a Remington award winner) so if anything starting harrison over Holmes would make him look worse to everyone in the football community but Holmes battled injuries the whole time he was here and Shipley was a journeyman so that's why harrison got the snaps.... T-Rich did get forced some snaps but for 1 look who was behind him Donald brown (we can have a separate discussion about him) and Bradshaw who he split carries with until injuries. Back to green though you develop the players you pick and having them spend time behind a proven pro bowl veteran accelerates his development, look at geathers or even look at Aaron rodgers sitting behind Favre for 3 years and he was a first round pick. Why don't you just stay a pacers fan?

56 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

AM, go back to your patriots board.

On August 10, 2016 at 0:07 AM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

'13 was bad, none of those guys are even on the team anymore. But '13 was a bad draft league wide, so it's also kind of a wash. We all wish we could have the Richardson pick back. I liked these last 2 drafts though, & '14 even gave us Mewhort & Moncrief. We could honestly have it a lot worse.

Yeah I actually went back and looked at the 2013 draft results when I made that post and rounds 1-4 were terrible for everyone. That was just a bad draft class in general. But still, we could've had Hopkins, Bell, Rhodes, etc...