Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants Vs Patriots Official Thread! (All Discussion About Sb 46 Here!)

IcEWoLF

Lets combine everything into this thread please, so I don't have to read 100000 threads about it.

Who do you think is going to be the underdog this year?

This will be played indoor again, which should give the Giants defense a huge advantage.

This game will be about defense more than anything, I don't think this will be a shootout.

Your thoughts in this?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but I see a Pats win. Here's to hoping E Money can pull out some more late game magic....it's gonna come down to it.

Also....Rob Gron-freaking-kowski!!! That guy's pretty good. Not only is he the best receiving TE in the league, did anyone see his crackback block on T-Sizzle? He layed that guy out.

The giants are the team I didn't want to see. they have 3 good WR's and able QB. the D is all of a sudden the steel curtain after being among the leagues worst all year. if the Pats can get the O going and turn it into a fast paced up and down game they could win. But as a Pats fan i have concerns

Nicks didn't even play in the regular season matchup and the Giants still won in Foxboro. And Victor Cruz has only gotten better as the season has gone on. G-Men will be fully rested and I think they put a beatdown on the Pats. Gonna look something like this:

l.gif

Sad thing is, that's probably a penalty these days for driving the QB into the ground...

Hoping the Giants win, and I think they will if they can protect Eli better than they did yesterday. It will likely take more points to win this one than it did to win over the 49ers yesterday. New England will be a bigger offensive threat. Like most big games, it will be won in the trenches...ability of OL to protect Eli and DL to put pressure on Brady.

The Giants are a tough matchup for NE but the 49ers would have been worse because of their linebackers. NY's line is great but SF has the better 'backers, and those guys would have been able to contain Gronk and Hernandez a little better, IMO.

It's going to be a tough game no matter what. I'm sure Brady and Belichick are relishing the opportunity for a little payback though.

I disagree entirely.

Patriots '11 offense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> '07 offense. The '11 offense has a better O-line thanks to Waters and Solder, a better TE duo. The only thing that they don't have is Moss, and that makes me VERY happy.

I don't necessarily agree about the defense, either. The Patriots' secondary was a bit better with Asante, but Asante dropped a game-winning, easy INT that would have sealed a win. And yes, I still despise him for that.

I disagree entirely.

Patriots '11 offense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> '07 offense. The '11 offense has a better O-line thanks to Waters and Solder, a better TE duo. The only thing that they don't have is Moss, and that makes me VERY happy.

I don't necessarily agree about the defense, either. The Patriots' secondary was a bit better with Asante, but Asante dropped a game-winning, easy INT that would have sealed a win. And yes, I still despise him for that.

Isn't the '07 offense the highest scoring offense ever?

Isn't the '07 offense the highest scoring offense ever?

Yep the offense that averaged 36.4 points a game. Only managed to produce 14. I mean at least the '07 defense played like they always did. Averaged 17 points a game, and gave up 17 points In the Super Bowl. Someone didn't do their job in '07. I can't figure out who though.

Yep the offense that averaged 36.4 points a game. Only managed to produce 14. I mean at least the '07 defense played like they always did. Averaged 17 points a game, and gave up 17 points In the Super Bowl. Someone didn't do their job in '07. I can't figure out who though.

The offense gave the team the lead with 4 minutes to go.

The defense gave that lead up. Again, Asante Samuel dropped a game-sealing INT. Hobbes blew coverage. Harrison should have knocked the ball away from Tyree.

Please. 14 points are sufficient to win a game.

Or are you forgetting that the Colts' offense didn't score a TD against the Ravens in '06 on their way to winning a SB?

The offense gave the team the lead with 4 minutes to go.

The defense gave that lead up. Again, Asante Samuel dropped a game-sealing INT. Hobbes blew coverage. Harrison should have knocked the ball away from Tyree.

Please. 14 points are sufficient to win a game.

Or are you forgetting that the Colts' offense didn't score a TD against the Ravens in '06 on their way to winning a SB?

Okay, that doesn't negate the fact the highest scoring team in NFL history, 36 points a game, could only produce 14 points against the Giants gave up 22 points a game. If that isn't coming through for your team I don't know what is.

And God forbid for once in his career Peyton didn't have to play perfect to win.

Okay, that doesn't negate the fact the highest scoring team in NFL history, 36 points a game, could only produce 14 points against the Giants gave up 22 points a game. If that isn't coming through for your team I don't know what is.

And God forbid for once in his career Peyton didn't have to play perfect to win.

Same reason in 2003 NE held the Colts greatest show on (whatever they called it..bigger than the rams turf) to 3 PTS. Thats 3 PTS!

Because a great defense will shut down a great offense everytime.

Same reason in 2003 NE held the Colts greatest show on (whatever they called it..bigger than the rams turf) to 3 PTS. Thats 3 PTS!

Because a great defense will shut down a great offense everytime.

That was '04. '03 was when refs refused to call the Pass Interference on Pollard for both third and fourth down.

I hope the Pats blow them out, but I see a relatively high scoring game with the Giants scoring a late TD to make a close one score game throughout look more lopsided than it really was.

Giants 37

Pats 24.

Did you have to type that..I mean really type it. Seeing how I respect your predictions. Thank god you're not perfect with them;-)

04. but comment still stands:)

Even though they scored 24 on the #1 ranked D, 34 on the #2 ranked D, 21 on the #5th ranked D, 48 on the #13th ranked D, but only 14 on a #17th ranked D. I'd say that's more of a choke then a great D stopping the strongest offense in NFL history.

Even though they scored 24 on the #1 ranked D, 34 on the #2 ranked D, 21 on the #5th ranked D, 48 on the #13th ranked D, but only 14 on a #17th ranked D. I'd say that's more of a choke then a great D stopping the strongest offense in NFL history.

who and what games are you talking about?

I'd say that's more of a choke then a great D stopping the strongest offense in NFL history.

Do you REALLY want to go there? I mean, really? Think about it for two seconds...

Besides, you're not giving much credit to the Giants here. Their defense this season was not highly ranked. But is there a defense that played better football throughout the playoffs? They effectively shut out the Falcons (2 points scored by Atlanta's defense on a safety), they held the mighty Packers down, and more or less shut down the 49ers too.

Rankings are garbage. Use your eyes. And it was the same situation in '07.

The two teams played 4 weeks earlier...do you remember what the final score was? 38-35. The final score of the Superbowl was 17-14. The playoffs are a different beast...and on any given Sunday anything can happen.

Nicks didn't even play in the regular season matchup and the Giants still won in Foxboro. And Victor Cruz has only gotten better as the season has gone on. G-Men will be fully rested and I think they put a beatdown on the Pats. Gonna look something like this:

How long would the mods tolerate that video, playing again and again, if it were PM driven into the ground? I sure wouldn't like it, and since this thread is likely to attract Patriots fans, it could be considered trolling.

Did you have to type that..I mean really type it. Seeing how I respect your predictions. Thank god you're not perfect with them;-)

haha! I really hope I am wrong. Wildcard week, I got both AFC games wrong, and both NFC games right. Divisional round, I got both AFC games right, and both NFC games wrong. Last week, I got both games right. Hopefully, I'm due to be wrong on the Super Bowl.

How long would the mods tolerate that video, playing again and again, if it were PM driven into the ground? I sure wouldn't like it, and since this thread is likely to attract Patriots fans, it could be considered trolling.

It's cool, doesn't bother me anyway... the guy who missed his assignment (Nick Kaczur) is long gone. The weak spots on that line were RT and RG. The Pats' o-line in 2011 > it was in 2007. Getting Brian Waters was a giant win for NE this past offseason, and the two tackles they've drafted (Volmer and Solder) are a major upgrade over anyone they had four years ago.

Not saying that the Giants aren't going to get to Brady... they're too good to stop them for an entire 60 minutes. But it shouldn't be as bad as it was back in that SB. Plus the offense is a little different now, and Brady tends to get rid of the ball a little quicker without having to wait for Randy Moss to run whatever deep route he was running.

Do you REALLY want to go there? I mean, really? Think about it for two seconds...

Besides, you're not giving much credit to the Giants here. Their defense this season was not highly ranked. But is there a defense that played better football throughout the playoffs? They effectively shut out the Falcons (2 points scored by Atlanta's defense on a safety), they held the mighty Packers down, and more or less shut down the 49ers too.

Rankings are garbage. Use your eyes. And it was the same situation in '07.

The two teams played 4 weeks earlier...do you remember what the final score was? 38-35. The final score of the Superbowl was 17-14. The playoffs are a different beast...and on any given Sunday anything can happen.

Think I hit a nerve.

Think I hit a nerve.

Not so much, but you did make a strong statement and I can only imagine you didn't think it through completely. ;)

(Meaning, the '04 Colts were similarly an offensive powerhouse that put up 3 points on the Patriots in the playoffs.)

Looking back at the "Asante dropped the winning INT", I have to disagree. I saw the entire drive on NFL Network. The ball bounced off the tippy top of his fingers. The ball didn't go right through his hands. Asante would've needed an extra inch or two of height to have a legit shot at coming down with that ball IMO.

Aside from the Tyree miracle, there was also the 9 yard catch to Toomer on 3rd and 10 to set up a convertible 4th and 1 for the Giants earlier in the drive. Another overlooked defensive miscue was that 3rd and 11 play deep in Pats territory. Eli hit a wide open Steve Smith for a 12 yard gain. He was literally uncovered. This play setup the Plax TD.