Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking News! (Humor)

LUCK TO THE COLTS

You know, I don't often agree with Skip Bayless, but I think he's spot on when he says the kicking game should be abolished from football. It really sucks when 48 athletes from both teams smash into each other, leave it all on the field, for 59 minutes and 59 seconds, then some 160 pound soccer player comes in for a chip shot field goal to put the game into OT........and he shanks it. This is my one gripe about football. Let's take the foot out of football.

You know, I don't often agree with Skip Bayless, but I think he's spot on when he says the kicking game should be abolished from football. It really sucks when 48 athletes from both teams smash into each other, leave it all on the field, for 59 minutes and 59 seconds, then some 160 pound soccer player comes in for a chip shot field goal to put the game into OT........and he shanks it. This is my one gripe about football. Let's take the foot out of football.

What about when it wins the game? The Giants don't kick the winning field goal, get stopped on fourth down, and the Niners get the ball.

What about when it wins the game? The Giants don't kick the winning field goal, get stopped on fourth down, and the Niners get the ball.

I think the game would be more interesting if teams went for it on fourth down. Punting should still be involved, but as for red zone fourth down, I'd much rather the games come down to a team's ability to convert the fourth downs rather than kicking chip shot field goals. I know this line of thought is flawed, I just hate seeing so much stock put into whether or not a soccer player hits the ball right or not.

I think it was just another referee gimme for the Patriots like they get over and over again.

He had control with two feet down in the end zone. Touchdown.

But the rule states a receiver needs to maintain possession of the ball for it to count as a TD.

I do think if the refs had called either or both of Brady's intentional grounding plays, it may not have even come to a FG at the end of the game.

Given the new NFL overtime rules which shift a value emphasis on the kicking game I'd say you & your buddy Skip Bayliss' misguided wishes are about as likely as sequin-vested refs running up and down the sidelines. What about the 1 vs. 2 point converstion. Football fields without goal posts. Brilliant.