Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots record heading into week 5

ColtsBlueFL

Now that Garoppolo will start the first 4 games, what will be the Pats record after those 4 games?    I still think they will go 3-1, but at minimum go 2-2 winning both division games.  I think that is Bill Belichick's minimum goal- win the 2 Division games, get Brady back, get on the playoff track.

Loss at Arizona followed by 3 home wins is my guess.  What's yours?

Arizona is the only game I can't see them winning.  Other than that, Belichick has shown he owns that division.  The Bills/Rex can't ever seem to beat the Pats, and while Miami plays New England tough, Gase can't go toe-to-toe with Belichick.  The Houston game is a toss-up, in my opinion.

2-2, I think they lose to Arizona and will lose 1 of those home games. Rex Ryan's Defense will be licking their chops with Brady out and he knows this will be his best chance to win in Foxboro. So I will say they lose at Arizona and Buffalo. Even at 2-2 they will still go 12-4, 11-5 at worse with Brady coming back in Week 5. So this isn't even going to wreck their season.

I think NE will beat Arizona week 1 or at least cover the points. I suspect the Pats will be heavily counted out and the points will overly favor Arizona week 1. Pats are often very good vs. the NFC in the regular season and Arizona won't know as much about the Brady less new offense. Pats can be excellent underdogs as well. And Carson Palmer has often been owned by the Patriots.

But, I think they come out of that 4 game stretch 3-1 or 2-2 probably with the divisional games being the toughest. They have been without Brady before in the past and shocked people and they run the team too well for me to think they are going to collapse for 4 games.

Not really a death sentence this year losing Brady for 4 games either since Denver don't have Manning and the homefield race won't be as tight probably.

26 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think NE will beat Arizona week 1 or at least cover the points. I suspect the Pats will be heavily counted out and the points will overly favor Arizona week 1. Pats are often very good vs. the NFC in the regular season and Arizona won't know as much about the Brady less new offense. Pats can be excellent underdogs as well. And Carson Palmer has often been owned by the Patriots.

But, I think they come out of that 4 game stretch 3-1 or 2-2 probably with the divisional games being the toughest. They have been without Brady before in the past and shocked people and they run the team too well for me to think they are going to collapse for 4 games.

Not really a death sentence this year losing Brady for 4 games either since Denver don't have Manning and the homefield race won't be as tight probably.

Watch out for the Steelers this season, if they stay healthy I can see them getting HFA. I do agree the Patriots will still win 11 or 12 games but I think they start 2-2.

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Um, i don't know if you know this, but Denver has the SANCHIZE!

Im kinda surprised how upset kraft is. its like he lost brady for the whole season. 4 games isnt gonna impact their season at all. unless they lose all 4 of their games, their still going to make the playoffs. 

20 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Now that Garoppolo will start the first 4 games, what will be the Pats record after those 4 games?    I still think they will go 3-1, but at minimum go 2-2 winning both division games.  I think that is Bill Belichick's minimum goal- win the 2 Division games, get Brady back, get on the playoff track.

I could easily see them losing 3 maybe all four that guy is unproven and not that good.

On July 15, 2016 at 11:04 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

My guess is 2-2.    But I don't think it matters whether it's 1-3 or 3-1.

Because I think Tom is going to win 10-12 of the 12 games he starts.      So, the Pats will win enough to win the East,  and likely enough to capture home field advantage in the playoffs.

I suspect the road to the playoffs will again go through Foxboro...

It is a tough call, I am not even sure what the record will be.  I gotta think the odds are the pats go 2-2, with 3-1 being more likely imo than 1-3.  We have a solid defense with some playmakers, something we have not had in a while.  Also, we have some playmakers at the skilled positions on offense that will help.  Our Oline is suspect but with Jimmy G.'s speed we might be able to mitigate that for a few games. 

Sometimes, with good game planning, one can get away with a player, playing him in a certain way before the rest of the league catches on.  Now that we know Brady is not playing games 1-4, the Pats have time to game plan for Jimmy G.

I am sadden that Brady can not play a full season, but at the same time am excited to see what we have in Jimmy G.  I hope we do not get in too big a hole, time will tell.   It would not surprise me to see the Pats go 3-1.  We will likely have a better idea after the preseason and week one, how the other three games will go.  

On 7/16/2016 at 10:55 AM, jameszeigler834 said:

I could easily see them losing 3 maybe all four that guy is unproven and not that good.

I agree that he's unproven, but disagree that he's not that good.  Why?  Simple logic.  If you've already determined that he's not that good, then he's proven.  He's proven to not be that good.  However, if he's unproven, then you don't know if he's good...or bad.  But save that sentence for the robot uprising.  Hopefully it'll short circuit at least a few of the robots.