Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

maybe if zimmer comes he bring Robert Mathis back. I believe Tampa is only other team chasing him. We better hurry up though, because I don't want bengals locking zimmer up with a contract extension.

It wouldn't be speed of decision-making that determines Zimmer's fate. He will go where he wants to go.

I would like Zimmer. Tressel as HC heck NO!!!!!!!!!! as OC MAYBE he is college .. good coach there, but both teams he has been with has blemishes/hits.. I am actually suprised he is still here.. NFL is a different story !!

I would also be good with PC jr. which I think the Colts will head... history shows they are offense oriented not defense ( which would be my preference)

Would prefer an offensive minded hc BUT Zimmer has that FIRE and PASSION needed to bring that INTENSITY out of a team. From what I hear his players on the D side LOVE it!!! Now if we could GET Carmichael as oc to go along with Zimmer the sky would be the limit. (BOTH are rising stars in the NFL coaching ranks) The Colts have had a Tressel TYPE coach (CONSERVATIVE mild mannered) the last 10yrs and UNLESS Peyton comes back Clyde can DEFINITELY be upgraded. The GOAT made that BASIC set offense go. Over the last few years it lacked imagination (hardly no multiple spread formations or pre-snap motion) and the play calling became predictable even WITH Peyton. Once the GOAT went down that offense was HARD to watch! A Tressel along with Clyde combo (as some have suggested) would leave the Colts SETTLING for MEDIOCRITY instead of STRIVING for GREATNESS..... :lombardi:

He's a defensive guy. That's why I've never understood all these Tressel OC comments.

Its amazing to me that people make statements like this when they have the internet at their finger tips. Tressel started out being a QB's, recievers, and running backs coach before getting the HC job at Youngstown st.. How exactly does that make him a defensive guy. Tressel is an offensive guy. The internet is your friend.

Its amazing to me that people make statements like this when they have the internet at their finger tips. Tressel started out being a QB's, recievers, and running backs coach before getting the HC job at Youngstown st.. How exactly does that make him a defensive guy. Tressel is an offensive guy. The internet is your friend.

I have seen many talk about Tressel the same way and have just ignored it. It never made any sense to me either. I can see why they make the connection because of how well Ohio State was defensively, but yes, he is an offensive guy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Doug....    I don't know how old you are,  but I know you're old enough to know the following is true.   Everything in life is understood looking backward.   That's why hindsight is seen as 20/20.   We understand our mistakes in life looking back and having context.   Very little is understood looking forward.   Decisions that seem obvious at the time,  often look bad in hindsight.  And that's true about all things in life,  not just football.   So, observing that Lewis is not worth the 2 and 5 we spent on him is not exactly some genius insight.   It's viewed with context of his 2.5 years as a Colt.   But in real time,  we thought enough of the kid not to risk losing him so we spent a 5 to move up 3 spots.  That's an investment of pennies on the draft dollar.    If Lewis was a raging success you wouldn't care.   But if you're going to make a mistake in the draft,  wouldn't you rather be Chris Ballard spending an extra 5 for a guy who is currently disappointing,  rather than, say,  Chicago, who spent two 3's and a 4 to move up one spot to take....  (wait for it)  Mitch Trubisky?!    Not only has that move not worked out,  it looks historically bad because they also bi-passed (wait for it)  Pat Mahomes and DeShaun Watson!    Now that trade looks dramatically worse.   That's the kind of trade that will haunt the Bears franchise for more than a decade.      Complaining about spending a 5 to move up to get a guy they rated highly is just fan boy nonsense.   Because what you're saying is the only trade worth making is a trade that works.   If it doesn't work -- for whatever reason -- is cause to take cheap pot shots years after the fact, and acting like you're offering up some pearls of wisdom.   You're not.   You're trying to make something out of almost nothing.   Like the popular song says.....    "Let it go!   Let is go!   Let it go!"  
    • Not an injured  rivers that can't  step into his throws. Pretty sure  Eason  is better  than that Rivers
    • This is arguably the most ignorant post I have ever read on this board.  "You're talking about talent levels in positions that don't matter."  I was talking about talent levels of players at just about every single position on the team and every position matters.   What positions 'matter' to you? Just the QB? Or the QB, P and K?  The most important position on the defense in the scheme Ballard is building is the 3-T.  He got us an all-pro in Buckner. He doesn't matter?   No sense in continuing this, it's a waste of time.  Out of the players you list, Rivers is a stop-gap (we all knew that and with Luck's somewhat abrupt retirement, Ballard/Reich had us in playoff contention with Jacoby until week 16 last year -- Polian had us as a 2-14 team without Peyton and Grigs had us as an 8-8 and then 4-12 team (inherited by Ballard) with or without Luck -- chances are we are not going to be in position to draft a #1 QB while Ballard is in charge since we'll always be in the playoff hunt and won't be 'tanking'). Nelson, Leonard, Smith were all drafted by Ballard.  He signed Autry, traded for (essentially drafted) Buckner.  He signed Rhodes and Houston.  He retained AC and Kelly and let go most of the rest of the garbage that Grigs handed off to him.  TY is no longer our best WR, Pittman is and he was brought in by Ballard.  Our best RB in JT and he was brought in by Ballard.  Our best DB is probably Blackmon (not Rhodes) and he was drafted by Ballard.  I'll stop there, there's an old adage about not letting people you argue with drag you down to their level.     You are right, I read over the word 'over', sorry @2006Coltsbestever
    • Interesting that this has come from Big Q. However, what about Q himself? He's played at times like a man who has some kind of injury.
    • That's only true if you don't trust the judgement of the coaching staff.    We haven't seen Eason play yet.   But the staff has seen him in practice and meeting rooms.     If you trust them,  then there's no need to wonder if Eason is better than Rivers.     But if you don't trust their judgement,  then go ahead and wonder....  
  • Members

• IinD

IinD 3,208

• Valpo2004

Valpo2004 4,107

• gspdx

gspdx 655

• danlhart87

danlhart87 5,185

• Stephen

Stephen 2,473

• JackOLantin