Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

‘Jersey Burn’ Nominee for Colts a No-Brainer

GAColtsFan

I don't understand why the hate for Mike Vanderjagt. He was on of the top 3 kickers for the Colts.  He easily won 25 games with his strong leg. The hate comes from those who believe if you say anything detrimental to Peyton Manning you are the Devil's Son.  He was asked an a question after a horrible playoff game and he expressed his opinion. Guys in the trenches make heated remarks all the time but they shouldn't be vilified.  

Actually Peyton is the one who made the substance abuse accusation towards Vanderjagt. Calling a teammate an alcoholic or a substance user is never cool.  That C*R*A*P results in loss jobs in the NFL or any work place.

I love what Peyton and Mike did for this organization. But this deifying of any player and knocking a player or a poster who thinks different is down right silly.

1 hour ago, Introspect said:

I don't understand why the hate for Mike Vanderjagt. He was on of the top 3 kickers for the Colts.  He easily won 25 games with his strong leg. The hate comes from those who believe if you say anything detrimental to Peyton Manning you are the Devil's Son.  He was asked an a question after a horrible playoff game and he expressed his opinion. Guys in the trenches make heated remarks all the time but they shouldn't be vilified.  

Actually Peyton is the one who made the substance abuse accusation towards Vanderjagt. Calling a teammate an alcoholic or a substance user is never cool.  That C*R*A*P results in loss jobs in the NFL or any work place.

I love what Peyton and Mike did for this organization. But this deifying of any player and knocking a player or a poster who thinks different is down right silly.

I don't think the dislike is all about Vanderjagt running his mouth. He got fired for missing a couple of very makeable game winning kicks. One was a playoff game. He not only missed but it wasn't even close. Kickers are paid to hit game winners especially playoff games. After his firing he never held another NFL kicking job. No matter who runs their mouth you don't go on radio or TV and throw your team mates under the bus. For him to say that Manning didn't have the desire and the mindset of a winner was real stupid. Manning more than likely worked as hard at his craft than most any player in history. The Colts fired Jim Mora for throwing his players under the bus so a kicker does not get special treatment.

8 hours ago, Introspect said:

Colts/Steelers 2005 Playoff game. Dude looked like he missed that kick on purpose. After he missed that kick he was out and Vinny was in. I will never forgive Vander for that miss.

On 6/27/2016 at 2:46 PM, Superman said:

He got caught from behind by Ben Roethlisberger in the 2005 divisional game. Not his fault, if his wife had a jersey it would be burn-worthy.

I know peoples reason why but if anything it was a heckuva play by ben. We played like garbage the majority of that game. It wasnt meant to be