Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philbin Wired

IndyD4U

20 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Okay, I need to take my lumps & apologize to Joe Philbin, Krunk, & BOTT because when we initially hired Philbin after he was fired in Miami I was leery about this hire since Mike McCarthy called all the plays in GB when Joe cut his NFL teeth. 

SW1 was wrong. I own that & now see the hustle he has & how demanding his is holding linemen accountable every day. I was really worried about his ability to lead men after the Jonathan Martin/Ritchie Incognito fiasco & I fully admit my reservations about Joe were grossly misplaced. 

Sorry guys. Thanks for being patient with me. Joe was/is an awesome hire by Jimmy, Pags, & Grigs. When I make a mistake, I never run. I just admit I bleeped up & move on. 

If I'm being honest with myself, I was worried when Joe was also named assistant head coach to run the team in Pags absence since I didn't want our locker room fractured by a duplicate Dolphin incident & I see now that Joe's entitled to a fresh start in a new city in a familiar capacity. 

Hardy cutting teeth buddy.....Looking at him he looks older than me though.

3 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

The beginning where Thornton is kissing up to Philbin is really funny. Hugh knows he better improve or he is out the door .  I also like that he riding everyone out there and offers praise when they follow direction. I do miss Howard Mudd though, That was a line coach!

Speaking of Mudd, they were interviewing him on Sirius the other day.  He has a book coming out about his coaching career.  He talked about his days with the Colts and how Glenn and Saturday were really bright guys, and that made it very easy for him.

He also talked about his involvement in selecting linemen in the draft.  He's a great guy, but let's face it, from 07 through the rest of the Polian years, unless I'm mistaken, we didn't draft one decent lineman until AC.

Reitz played basketball instead of football I think.  Then was undersized and was going to be a TE.  Groomed as a tackle and then let go by 2 teams.  Claimed off waivers by us.   Ever since, he's been steady and ready.  That's why he doesn't get his fair share of acclaim.  He didn't start off with a bang.  Previous coaches never saw fit to make him the definitive starter, so people like myself don't really know if he's technically great or not.