Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Other Qb Possibilities?

Luck would be the obvious best QB. But a number 1 overall pick isnt drafted to be a back-up. They are expected to be a franchise QB. I am not against Luck. I am against Luck being a bench warmer for 4 years. Of the rest, I would want for a back up would go.

1 Foles

2 Orlovsky

3 Moore

4 Me or you

5 Painter

Foles has the highest ceiling of the other back ups. He needs a year or two on the bench to develop where Luck does not.

Moore also may be able to be a startiing QB with a couple years.

I dont want to draft anyone number one and then wait for the return for 4 years.

If Irsay already has decided to cut ties with Peyton then I am all for Luck.

This is how most of us feel in the trade the pick corner! But the luck lovers can't fathom this, it's luck and Peyton or nothing.

As far as starting QB, I've heard Irsay and Polian both mention that Luck and RG3 are the only viable options. Polian isn't blowing smoke, because I heard him say it this morning on Mike and Mike. Since he no longer works for the Colts, he has no reason to hide anything. Now, some of you don't want to grab Luck because we could use other positions. Well, after we draft Luck or RG3, it seems to me we don't need to waste a valuable pick on a backup. Just keep Orlovsky and give him more reps in practice.

There will be...............at least...........a half dozen Qb's available the next 1-3 years, that can lead a great team to the promised land and they won't be rquired, to be drafted #1 overall..this just in...........the world and the future doesn't revolve around 1 player.

There will be...............at least...........a half dozen Qb's available the next 1-3 years, that can lead a great team to the promised land and they won't be rquired, to be drafted #1 overall..this just in...........the world and the future doesn't revolve around 1 player.

It's crazy how the front office and most experts don't see this as an option, but some of us on here do!

Why wait until next year? Here is a list of available QBs this year that are projected to go undrafted:

Tyler Hansen

Jarrett Lee

Dominique Davis

GJ Kinne

Bo Levi Mitchell

Jordan Jefferson

John Brantley

Jacory Harris

Marshall Lobbestael

Barrett Trotter

Stephen Garcia

Dan Persa

Zach Collaros

Nathan Dick

Chester Stewart

Tyler Lantrip

Brian Reader

Nate Montana

Chris Forcier

Mike Brown

Dane Simoneau

Matt Simms

David Legree

JJ McDermott

Cody Endres

You can pick any of them up without spending a pick. However, more likely than not, none of them will lead you to the promised land. I also doubt very much that any non-first round QB picked in any draft will be more likely to lead you to the promised land than a 1st-round QB. If the promised land is SB wins, 24/45 SB winning teams were led by a 1st round QB.

To get to the promised land (SB wins), you are more likely to succeed if you pick a highly rated QB. Highly rated QBs get picked early in the first round, even as the #1 overall pick (e.g. Peyton).