Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trust me & Watch this- at least I find it surprising certain Notable Political commentors are so detached from sports

bayone

Every time you think, "Celebs they're just like us!" you forget that sometimes celebs are not just like us. For instance, a trio of famous media members -- Anderson Cooper, Lara Logan and and former Republican Party chairman Michael Steele -- couldn't successfully figure out who Cam Newton was on last night's episode ofJeopardy.

++  Watch 2nd video down  ++

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch-celebrity-jeopardy-contestants-dont-know-who-cam-newton-is/

So, if the three individuals mentioned above aren't football junkies for the most part, I do wonder what their sport or favorite past time might be Barry. Golf? Water skiing behind a yacht? Getting intoxicated at the Oscars or Golden Globe Awards? 

All kidding aside, thanks for the story Barry, which made me chuckle. :D

On May 18, 2016 at 0:59 PM, bayone said:

Every time you think, "Celebs they're just like us!" you forget that sometimes celebs are not just like us. For instance, a trio of famous media members -- Anderson Cooper, Lara Logan and and former Republican Party chairman Michael Steele -- couldn't successfully figure out who Cam Newton was on last night's episode ofJeopardy.

++  Watch 2nd video down  ++

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch-celebrity-jeopardy-contestants-dont-know-who-cam-newton-is/

Funny stuff.  Personally, I can't recall a time that I thought "Celebs they're just like us!"  Most of the time I just shake my head thinking, they have absolutely no clue of what life is like for the unwashed masses.

To me its no big deal....because if you showed me pictures or gave me information on a "celebrity" I probably wouldn't get it right either. I don't even know two of the 3 guests and Anderson is so annoying I try to know as little about him as possible so really it isn't too surprising. That said between my wife and I we usually clean up any party games like Trivia Pursuit because she knows EVERYTHING about pop culture and music and I generally get all the history, world geography, science, and of course sports questions. We make a good team.

On May 21, 2016 at 10:57 AM, dgambill said:

To me its no big deal....because if you showed me pictures or gave me information on a "celebrity" I probably wouldn't get it right either. I don't even know two of the 3 guests and Anderson is so annoying I try to know as little about him as possible so really it isn't too surprising. That said between my wife and I we usually clean up any party games like Trivia Pursuit because she knows EVERYTHING about pop culture and music and I generally get all the history, world geography, science, and of course sports questions. We make a good team.

No big deal, but most people do watch the SB.  I asked some female friends who aren't even sports fans and they at least knew the name Cam Newton and that he played football.