Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wayne said luck prepares harder for games than Peyton

CR91

54 minutes ago, CR91 said:

he said no disrespect to peyton not luck

He said no disrespect to Peyton because there's nobody I've seen prepare harder for a game.  BUT I see those same attributes in Andrew Luck.

Listen to it again.  

14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He said no disrespect to Peyton because there's nobody I've seen prepare harder for a game.  BUT I see those same attributes in Andrew Luck.

Listen to it again.  

I stand corrected

"We in here talkin' about preparation, Preparation, we talking about preparation, man"  But we talking about preparation, we aint talkin' about the game, we talkin about preparation,  We're not talking about the game, the actual game.  How the hell can I make my teammates better by preparation"

In fairness to Reggie he didn't know Peyton in the first three years of Peyton's career.  Not to say Reggie is wrong or right.  I know from my past experiences if I am dealing with things for a first time I tend to prepare harder than if I am familure with something because I don't have to learn about it again.

i think the same could hold true from NFL teams and players you've faced before.  

Wirh that said I have no way of knowing if what Reggie is saying is right or wrong.  I'd just take it as good news that Luck puts the work in which is something I don't think many of us questioned.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

In fairness to Reggie he didn't know Peyton in the first three years of Peyton's career.  Not to say Reggie is wrong or right.  I know from my past experiences if I am dealing with things for a first time I tend to prepare harder than if I am familure with something because I don't have to learn about it again.

i think the same could hold true from NFL teams and players you've faced before.  

Wirh that said I have no way of knowing if what Reggie is saying is right or wrong.  I'd just take it as good news that Luck puts the work in which is something I don't think many of us questioned.

Just out of curiosity what difference does it make that Wayne didn't know Peyton in Peyton's first three years? Did Peyton change his preparation within those first three years? I was thinking that Peyton prepared and worked as hard as he could from day one till his last day. Even the season he didn't take a snap he watched tape and prepared like he was the starter. He wasn't put on IR if you remember.

Reggie isn`t the most eloquent speaker, and i wouldn`t at all say that Andrew is close to Manning
in his all over skill set in year 4.
 And there is no sign that Andrew studies and understands defenses as Manning did in year 4.
 Andrew has had to wait for his receivers to make their breaks before he is comfortable throwing it.
 Amdrew`s short game has been a Gagger!!
 Manning was throwing quick slants from day 1.

20 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Reggie isn`t the most eloquent speaker, and i wouldn`t at all say that Andrew is close to Manning
 And there is no sign that Andrew studies and understands defenses as Manning did in year 4.
 Andrew has had to wait for his receivers to make their breaks before he is comfortable throwing it.

Yeah, clearly he barely knows how to speak :thmdown:.  What are you talking about?

Ultimately, everyone is judged by their results on the field. QBs like Peyton and Brady have put teams on their shoulders and taken them as far as they can several times. 

It would be nice if we got a top 2 seed in the AFC for starters and then go from there. Luck will have to start writing his own chapters now and give us the feeling that no matter the deficit, we're not out of a game. We've seen it sporadically, we now need to see it consistently.

5 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Was going to say the same thing; it's hard to understand him. 

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Reggie isn`t the most eloquent speaker

If you were referring to future HOF Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson, I'd agree with you BBZ since as an analyst on NFL Network he struggles to construct a grammatically correct sentence at an alarming rate on camera. However, Reggie is almost always a gifted orator & solid film study expert when called upon to do so. JMO. 

8 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

In fairness to Luck -- Manning came into a team with Tarik Glenn and Adam Meadows already in their 2nd year and well on their way to becoming establish OL in the NFL.  He already had a HOF RB (Marshall Faulk) and a HOF WR (Marvin Harrison) on the roster when he started.  He was paired with 6 time probowl center Jeff Saturday in year 2 and was on a team with a very good OL coach (Mudd) and a great O-Coordinator (Tom Moore).  He had proven solid players at TE on the roster (Dilger and Pollard). 

Luck has had 1 consistently good OL on the team since he has been here (Costanzo).  Otherwise his line has been totally make-shift and at times quite embarassing.  Luck meshed well with Reggie Wayne prior to Wayne's injury, but had little to no proven talent on his offense when he came here.  He had a 5th round rookie as his best RB in year 1, who wound up being replaced during the T-Rich experiment year 2, etc...  Fleener, Allen and TY were all rookies with Luck, and although TY has put up the numbers, I don't think it can be argued that he was running routes that even compared to Marvin's when Luck started.  Aside from Reggie (healthy for one year + with Luck), and TY, Luck has not had the consistency on offense that Peyton came into.  Moncrief is turning out to a seemingly good WR, but his routes were majorly lacking as a rookie. 

When you say "Andrew has to wait for his receivers to come out of his breaks before he is comfortable throwing it," I don't know that it is fair to judge him vs. Peyton -- Peyton had arguably the greatest route-runner of all time to throw to, whereas Luck hasn't had anything close to that since Reggie went down.  Luck has also taken more physical abuse in his first 4 years than Peyton may have during his entire tenure in Indy, and some of this is directly due to a crappy OL. 

I will agree with you, and say Luck has not shown the ability to understand defenses that Peyton did after 4 years, but I do  give him a little bit of benefit in that Peyton had much better protection and more talent around him on offense to start his career.  Luck, IMO, has better physical skills than Peyton and has done some pretty incredible things as a young guy in this league. 

6 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

In fairness to Luck -- Manning came into a team with Tarik Glenn and Adam Meadows already in their 2nd year and well on their way to becoming establish OL in the NFL.  He already had a HOF RB (Marshall Faulk) and a HOF WR (Marvin Harrison) on the roster when he started.  He was paired with 6 time probowl center Jeff Saturday in year 2 and was on a team with a very good OL coach (Mudd) and a great O-Coordinator (Tom Moore).  He had proven solid players at TE on the roster (Dilger and Pollard). 

I wont copy your entire post because it was huge, but spot on with all of it.