Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network Annual "Top 100 Players"

The annual series of players voted into the top 100 by their fellow players begins tonight at 8pm.

Where do you see any Colts players on this list?

I see Luck dropping to around 20-30.

TY and Vontae in the 40-50 range.

Maybe Adams, AC, McAfee, or Vinny make it.  Anderson might have made it if he had a full season.

One of the lines in the commercial I "Which Pro Bowl quarterback just made the list this year?" After last year's circus, I could see Luck dropping really far down the list. He played well in the Denver game, really struggled the rest of his games. I could definitely see him dropping below 30 this year.

I'd be shocked if luck is in the top 50... hell,  if he's even in the top 100 of 2015 at all, it's purely on reputation. He was not good last year... no one was except for pat, Vinny and maybe arguably dq jackson and Mike Adams. ..

I watched a bit of this last year and frankly don't see any reason to watch more of the same this year. They drag this thing out, slowly and painfully, ten players at a time, to stretch it into enough programming to fill a "dead zone" for their network between the draft and training camps. Want to name the top 100 players? Great. Write it down on a list and put it up on the website. Or condense it all into a one-hour program. Otherwise, the only way I'm going to watch this is if I have the misfortune to break my back, both arms and both legs and I'm forced to spend a few weeks in traction with nothing else to do.

55 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

I honestly don't see any player make it on the top 100 players.

Maybe Vinny or Pat. That's it honestly.

Its top 100 players of 2015. Not top 100 currently in the NFL!

That isn't true.  Peyton made the list after missing the entire season

2 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

I honestly don't see any player make it on the top 100 players.

Maybe Vinny or Pat. That's it honestly.

Its top 100 players of 2015. Not top 100 currently in the NFL!

Actually it's the top 100 players of 2016.  But they talk about it like it's the top 100 players from last season.

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Actually it's the top 100 players of 2016.  But they talk about it like it's the top 100 players from last season.

Got the years wrong! My bad! 

It would be cool for some Colts to make it! But people are going to be upset when no Colts make a pointless list. Lol

And there was no K or P in the bottom 10.  I don't see a K or P being in the top 90, so I guess that means no Vinny and no McAfee.

TY and Vontae maybe?  I guess we shouldn't expect more than 3 players in the top 100 since that is average, and we were an average team this past year at 8-8.

He was 7th on 2015 list presumably heavily based on 2014 performance. I think 92 may be too high based on 2015 performance, a year that was forgettable for Luck even before injury ended it. The only factors keeping him in top 100 were performance prior to 2015.

17 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

It's a bad list then! Lol

It's always been a bad list IMO. I you think about it, it really means nothing. IMO it's a filler to make something up for the announcers and fans to talk about in the off season. Most of the players who are ask the question who was the best players the year before and anyone of them give the answer of a player who didn't play the whole season just shows have much thought is put into it.

On May 5, 2016 at 8:14 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Wow.  Luck is 92.  He dropped 85 spots from 7 to 92.  Talk about "what have you done for me lately"...

I know right? That's insane. 1 lackluster season & all those players are like Andrew who?

Football is a fickle business. Beloved 1 day; Dismissed & doubted the next.

He'll bounce back. Chewy always does. 

On 5/8/2016 at 3:52 PM, crazycolt1 said:

It's always been a bad list IMO. I you think about it, it really means nothing. IMO it's a filler to make something up for the announcers and fans to talk about in the off season. Most of the players who are ask the question who was the best players the year before and anyone of them give the answer of a player who didn't play the whole season just shows have much thought is put into it.

You are the man.
  A countdown of the Top 100 players leading into the 2016 season voted on by the players themselves.
  Think about it! :thmup:

'AWFUL LIST. BECAUSE I KNOW MORE ABOUT WHO IS BEST THAN ACTUAL NFL PLAYERS.'

C'mon. It's a fun little show that you shouldn't put much thought into, since it's simply other people's opinions and a list based off of that. I enjoy hearing what players say about each other.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Pelley said:

'AWFUL LIST. BECAUSE I KNOW MORE ABOUT WHO IS BEST THAN ACTUAL NFL PLAYERS.'

C'mon. It's a fun little show that you shouldn't put much thought into, since it's simply other people's opinions and a list based off of that. I enjoy hearing what players say about each other.

I would like to know what players are voting - the NFL Network never says, that is the problem. In the past when some players were asked about this list those players said they didn't vote. I have a tough time believing Andrew Lucks peers would vote him #92.

• 1 month later...

So Luck was the only Colt on the list.  TY and Vontae were in the 100-105 range, so there's that...

I was way off in my original predictions, but I am a Colts homer, so I should have seen that coming.  There aren't too many people on the Colts bandwagon like last year when we had just made it to the AFC Championship.

Popularity contest, what have you done for me lately, whatever the reason, I hope this makes us underdogs and the Colts, especially Luck, come out with a chip on their shoulder this year.  It was 10 years ago we made it to the top of the mountain.  If this "top 100" lights a fire under some Colts rear-ends, maybe we can light a "fire, a fire on the mountain" this year. :lombardi:  :clover: 

I have to be honest.  I knew it wasn't going to happen, because Brady and Cam are princesses, and they usually don't interview many big name QBs, but I watched every episode of this show because I wanted to see them interviewing Brady and Cam about Von Miller.  I really wanted to see Brady and Cam both clam up about Miller like:

"Von Miller?  No.  I don't wanna talk about him.  No.  I hate playing against him.  No.  He makes me look bad.  He is so good that he embarrasses my right tackle and me.  No.  I don't like it.  I don't wanna talk about him.  No.  Next question."

I'm petty, I know.  :)