Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So we did not draft a guy until the 7th. And we picked up an UDFA that has promise. But I do not know if they can be contributors. I'm wondering what you guys think about signing a guy or two for depth? Dwight Freeney, Lamarr Woodley, and Mike Neal are guys who can come in and help out.  Neal is 29 and the youngest. Honestly I don't know much about him. I'd like to have someone behind Walden who can set an edge and another maybe behind Mathis and Cole. A rookie might be able to sit behind Mathis and Cole though. What do you guys think?

I see Mathis, Cole, and Walden getting the bulk of the reps this year.  Bates is the top possibility at the 4th roster spot, and Ron Thompson and Curt Maggitt are in the conversation.  Also, Josh McNary could go back to OLB, where he started.  Really, we're only assured of keeping four, and we'll keep a 5th if someone steps up...

I guess we are serious about Okine moving to OLB. The depth chart shows Eze Obiora from E Illnois behind Waldon looks like we signed him 1/16. I think we have to bring in another body or two. If Maggit can stay healthy he should provide depth. Ourlads also has McNary at OLB. 

3 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I guess we are serious about Okine moving to OLB. The depth chart shows Eze Obiora from E Illnois behind Waldon looks like we signed him 1/16. I think we have to bring in another body or two. If Maggit can stay healthy he should provide depth. Ourlads also has McNary at OLB. 

I was just thinking about Okine in regards to this. He'll make a perfect Sam linebacker as far as setting the edges are concerned. He's never been known as a pass rusher, but we might get surprised if they rush him from a stand up position in different spots.  Mcnary was a pass rusher coming out of college.

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

I was just thinking about Okine in regards to this. He'll make a perfect Sam linebacker as far as setting the edges are concerned. He's never been known as a pass rusher, but we might get surprised if they rush him from a stand up position in different spots.  Mcnary was a pass rusher coming out of college.

Obiora is a pass rusher according to Stampede Blue. He played in the Indoor Arena and Canadian leagues. Lists our future signings Obiora, Edwin Washington ILB, Joshua Stougby WR Dezman Southward FS and Heenan. We know Heenan is already gone. We would have a hell of a 4x40 relay team if their were such a thing Southward 4.38 Davis 4.37 Glover-Wright 4.36 Green 4.34. I saw one sight that said Davis ran a 4.27 I went with his pro day time. That's a lot of speed on the back end. Hope we can get some football out of it. 

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/1/13/10764406/colts-sign-linebacker-eze-obiora-to-reserve-future-contract