Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need at RB

coltsfanmilyman

I have seen several posts on here as well as twitter and other various sources saying we need to draft a rb?  Where is this coming from?  I really don't get it?  Outside of Elliot the rb class is medicore at best.  Next year is the year we draft our replacement for Gore.  Next years draft will be rich in the way of rb talent.  This year; as shown by the draft thus far has been about protecting Luck and adding to the D.  IMO those were are biggest areas of weakness.

Drafting a rb this draft would be the epitome of wasting a pick.  Stockpile both sides of the line thats what this draft should/is about.

I think this has been a great draft for us, doing what many fans have been clamoring for.  Now that we get it, people are still complaining.  The draft isn't a sure thing anyways please keep that in mind.

10 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Could've had Dixon, Howard, Perkins, Williams, etc

again why when there will be more talent next year?  stating names isn't a point being made.  If you can give me sound reasoning why then we can debate it, otherwise your just upset that they aren't picking the way you want?

We have Gore, Turbin, Varga, Todman, Williams why waste a draft pick on them when you can still garner talent along the lines or on D?  Plus we have UDFA and cuts.  Why waste it?

1 hour ago, coltsfanmilyman said:

I have seen several posts on here as well as twitter and other various sources saying we need to draft a rb?  Where is this coming from?  I really don't get it?  Outside of Elliot the rb class is medicore at best.  Next year is the year we draft our replacement for Gore.  Next years draft will be rich in the way of rb talent.  This year; as shown by the draft thus far has been about protecting Luck and adding to the D.  IMO those were are biggest areas of weakness.

Drafting a rb this draft would be the epitome of wasting a pick.  Stockpile both sides of the line thats what this draft should/is about.

I think this has been a great draft for us, doing what many fans have been clamoring for.  Now that we get it, people are still complaining.  The draft isn't a sure thing anyways please keep that in mind.

History has shown that a RB this late in the draft is a waste of a pick.   But 7s rarely work out anyway so I'm ambivalent.

Im not ready to agree this has been a great draft unless you add 'potentially'.  I remember one year where Polian drafted 3 centers to address the interior line.  None of them amounted to much.  

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

We have a lot of rbs already on the roster. Id like to see Varga get some snaps.

I agree.....we're fine..we have  a starter and backups.

..and we can bring in 3 or 4 free agent RBs....There's a lot of them.

We needed linemen to made our RBs look better

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

History has shown that a RB this late in the draft is a waste of a pick.   But 7s rarely work out anyway so I'm ambivalent.

Im not ready to agree this has been a great draft unless you add 'potentially'.  I remember one year where Polian drafted 3 centers to address the interior line.  None of them amounted to much.  

7th rounder pass catchers seem to work out better - Shannon Sharpe, Donald Driver, Marques Colston are all 7th rounders. Then, you have some defensive players that have worked out too, like Rayfield Wright and Jay Ratliff for the Cowboys, Jake Scott for the Dolphins that were 7th rounders as well.

So, your point is taken, not spending a 7th on an RB :)

There will be people cut come training camp. Always some vets that cost too much that can be replaced by younger rookies etc. RB is a prime position that will see quality players cut by time teams get down to 53 man roster. I think we pick one up to platoon with Gore before week 1.