Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gigs / Pags this year

Rally5

I'm really glad to see Ryan and Chuck working together more on this draft, where I have no way to actually know this, these picks are addressing team needs and talent versus a blind arrogance towards BPA.  Chuck is a pretty easy read when it comes to whether or not he really likes a pick.  It appears to me we're getting not just Ryan's guys but Chuck's guys too which I suspect was part of the off-season dialogue between Chuck and Jim.  I purely speculate of course, but I also expect we'll see some nuance change in the line-ups and personnel throughout the year towards Chuck's desire versus Ryan's which is nothing but positive.  I have some growing optimism!   I've been a Grigson critic but hats off to him so far.  The back half of last years draft and the front have of this one have been nothing but impressive.  I saw the video where there was one NFL pundit that had all three of our picks in the first round of his mock draft.  so.....color me good!!!  Thanks to Grigs and Chuck for addressing the OL.  P.S.  Irsay said he wanted a starting Center and a guy that could play T/G early so...."Yes Boss."  Here's to finishing strong today!

i am the same boat.  Been a critic of both of them, especially when it comes to their draft choices.  I'm highly optimistic with Kelly, Clark...Green I remain on the fence on however, Pagano is said to be a CB/Safety/DB genius so we'll see.  If Smith comes alon, Davis comes back to himself, and this new kid steps up, at 6 ft 2, and lightning fast speed, this secondary could be good.  

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

i am the same boat.  Been a critic of both of them, especially when it comes to their draft choices.  I'm highly optimistic with Kelly, Clark...Green I remain on the fence on however, Pagano is said to be a CB/Safety/DB genius so we'll see.  If Smith comes alon, Davis comes back to himself, and this new kid steps up, at 6 ft 2, and lightning fast speed, this secondary could be good.  

Not to mention pat Robinson, D buts, and Geathers. ... secondary COULD BE amazing. .. I'm not a big fan of tj right now I still have a lasting memory of us scorching him with our TE in the  national championship game. . But I'll keep an open mind after all, his measurables are all the way off the charts

It feels like they are taking turns making the picks.  Grigs is an ex-OLineman, so Kelly seems like his pick.  Pagano is the DB guy, so Green feels like his pick.  Clark is an athletic OLineman, another Grigs pick.

I would bet the first pick on day 3 will be a Pagano guy, DB, front 7 pass rusher...