Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Le'Raven Clark, OL, Texas Tech

21isSuperman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

I love how grigs never takes the big names in mid rounds. It has worked out so far. Billings wants to play in a 4-3. Jack mewhort. Who had us taking that no name in the 2nd ?! Turned out pretty darn good

Well, big names generally don't last to the mid rounds.

16 minutes ago, MTC said:

Where's our pass rush though?

Doesn't look like Indy will have a pass rush again this year. They really need to use the 4th and 5th round to select front 7 defensive players.

I will say though that the Colts should have a MUCH improved OL next year. With adding a talented C and OT and a new technician coach in Joe Philbin they don't have many excuses not to be very good.

THis guy is great. But, he needs to be coached heavy on his footwork. He is going to get a lot of holding penalties if he plays tackle. He is not good against specially moves like spins, but he stops bullrushes and and a little trouble with speed rusher becuase he reaches out before he moves his feet.

If they can get his feetwork together, he could be a damn good RT and an exceptional guard.

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I like it...

Big and strong...started a lot..didn't miss games.......powerful..

Needs work but that';s Okay...

We needed line depth

Not sure about "strong" as he had the lowest Bench reps at 18 for linemen.  But his other measurables are off the chart.  Let's hope it works out.  

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How that Safety (TJ) is blazing fast and hits like a truck. I love this Draft so far.

He has also only been a DB for a few years, lots of potential for growth and development.

Just now, Lawrence Owen said:

Press confrence said both these guys were the guys they wanted to start the day in RD2, and yet they were able to trade bk, gain 2 picks, and still get both of whom they wanted.  

Interesting that the organization views TJ Green so highly. Did we even here anything about him having a visit, prior to the draft? Shows how you gotta take visits, workouts and interviews with a grain of salt

2 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Press confrence said both these guys were the guys they wanted to start the day in RD2, and yet they were able to trade bk, gain 2 picks, and still get both of whom they wanted.  

#bpa

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Interesting that the organization views TJ Green so highly. Did we even here anything about him having a visit, prior to the draft? Shows how you gotta take visits, workouts and interviews with a grain of salt

Apparently Pagano worked him out at Clemson's pro day. and loved what he saw.

They probably tried to keep him under the radar.

24 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

It's good that they're finally protecting Luck. But man, our D is gonna be garbage this year. Literally NO pass rush.

OL is the most important thing to fix this year luck is coming back from major injuries I love these pics 

21 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Wonder if they are still considering moving Mewhort out to RT?  Maybe this guy is someone to compete to fill in at LG.

No point to do that Mewhort was great at LG,  you don't fix a problem by creating another one 

37 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

It's good that they're finally protecting Luck. But man, our D is gonna be garbage this year. Literally NO pass rush.

Calling the pass rush garbage is an understatement. They might set the record for the least amount of sacks and QB hurries.

6 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

People wanted billings at 18. After 3 rounds he still is on the board

What do you expect from foolish GM wannabe's? That's why there's very few people's opinion on here I respect. People think they know more than a team of scouts whose job is to analyze players many months of the year. 

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

What do you expect from foolish GM wannabe's? That's why there's very few people's opinion on here I respect. People think they know more than a team of scouts whose job is to analyze players many months of the year. 

I was telling them why would u waste a 2nd on a 2 down player when most teams are passing lol

I have the feeling that Clark is more of a future guy than an immediate starter. He's got traits, but he's coming from such a weird offense and needs NFL coaching.

Castonzo - Mewhort - Kelly - Good/Thornton - Reitz

Clark, Holmes, and whichever of Good & Thornton doesn't start at RG as reserves.

Then maybe takes over as the starting RT in '17, that could be the plan. I was caught off guard by this pick, but it makes more sense to me the more I think of it, if the staff feels they can coach up Clark to do what we need to do in a pro style offense.