Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select T.J. Green, DB, Clemson

21isSuperman

16 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

Just think we missed out on the opportunity to get the best center AND guard in the draft with Whitehair.  He was selected one pick in front of us and I'm just sick about it.  Having Kelly and Whitehair would have set the middle of the line for many years to come.

I think they gambled and lost.  I do like the Clark pick at #3.   

Joseph

I agree.  But Thornton, Good, and Reitz can play RG...and Clark has like 36 inch arms and can play RT.  It'll be 4 players competing for 2 spots on the right side.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feel a lot better about the pick after seeing the press conference. Pagano confirmed he is indeed a safety. I was worried they wasted a pick on a project CB lol. But I'm fine with the pick. I think his speed meant he had more upside than Bell or Thompson. Good draft overall though. Colts secondary is dangerous. Probably have the best OL in the division now though.

10 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

Just think we missed out on the opportunity to get the best center AND guard in the draft with Whitehair.  He was selected one pick in front of us and I'm just sick about it.  Having Kelly and Whitehair would have set the middle of the line for many years to come.

I think they gambled and lost.  I do like the Clark pick at #3.   

Joseph

I think you are absolutely right.  Coach talks about how important continuity is along the line.  With Whitehair we would have been set for a decade.  I like the Clark pick too.  Hopefully it all works out.  We will see.

11 hours ago, Surge89 said:

I know no one had him rated 6th.  I said I did.  And main reason because I didn't like much about him as a corner because when I was first exposed to him he was said to be a corner at the next level.

Plus I didn't have much interest to say oh wait if he's a safety, which I guess I should have since he played a ton of box safety but honestly he wasn't very high on my watch list when viewing Clemson.

Pardon me for not believing you actually "scouted" 200 players to give anyone a 6th round grade.    I find it far more believable you probably had never heard of him before his name was called

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I agree.  But Thornton, Good, and Reitz can play RG...and Clark has like 36 inch arms and can play RT.  It'll be 4 players competing for 2 spots on the right side.

You must consider the difference of playing a position and playing it well.
Thornton may play better than he ever has this year and that IMO, would be playing good enough.
 Something he has never done on a consistent basis in his 3 years. I am optomistic he will play better in his contract year. But he IS a ? mark going forward whether he is good enough to be a starter.
 Who knows what kind of shape Good showed up in? Maybe Clarks pick is about that.
And please, Reitz is not the guy we want starting at RG. Those 8 games he played well at LG was in 2012,
and he hasn`t played that well since.

4 hours ago, Mr Clueless said:

Damn, he (and the rest of the DB's) gets burned by a TE twice for TD's. Was that on him or the Defensive Coordinator? Sorry for asking but I'm a bit clueless on these matters. :wag:

Check out 4:48 and 7:12.

I don't think 7:12 was his assignment, I think it was the outside guy's assignment. He had another bad coverage in that game though, so by my count, it's two definitely on him, then the one at 7:12.

And in other games he has blown coverages. It's a concern. But in every case, IMO, it's an issue of eye discipline, not tracking the ball properly. Maybe blowing his assignment, which is hard to know. But really, just being disciplined will take away most of those big plays he gives up.

Also, that TE is coming out next year. Look out.

4 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Guys, time will tell on this pick but could be a very special player, He great speed, he is over 6"2' and can play both safety and cornerback.  I will defer to the endless hours the Colts spent looking at him and pouring over tape.

There is no guarantee any player will be great but the measurables are off the chart. 

We have Geathers in a hard hitting safety mode and now a tall, blazing fast player either next to him as safety or as the corner opposite Davis.

I for one, like this pick

we have to trust in our front office, they know more than we do, their jobs depend on it, to me green seemed like an iffy pick, but football is not my job, I am wrong a lot.

9 hours ago, Superman said:

Because Bell is allergic to contact. To me, he's a nickel corner.

Best explanation I've seen yet. Green is indeed green but he is willing to mix it up and has unmeasurable upside. Bell...well bell is soft and I don't want a safety that plays scared. He was small and I don't think he could get bigger backs and Wrs on the ground. As big as the backs and receivers are in our division a guy like green might be a perfect fit for us long term. Just hope Pagano can work his magic!