Colts select Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama

21isSuperman

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Played in 46 college games, started 40, lost 5. Committed one penalty last season. One. Fox sports had him as their most underrated player of the draft. 5 of the last 6 OL taken in the first round were pro bowlers in 3 years.

I was very nervous as Goodell approached the podium, more nervous than when I proposed two weeks ago (don't tell my Giants fan fiancé that!) but I am pretty happy!!!

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Played in 46 college games, started 40, lost 5. Committed one penalty last season. One. Fox sports had him as their most underrated player of the draft. 5 of the last 6 OL taken in the first round were pro bowlers in 3 years.

I was very nervous as Goodell approached the podium, more nervous than when I proposed two weeks ago (don't tell my Giants fan fiancé that!) but I am pretty happy!!!

Congratulations on your engagement....!!!!!!!   :heart:

4 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

It was a safe pick but he wasn't the BPA. Myles Jack and Lawson are much better players then Kelly.  Premium picks on lineman are a waste. Should have went defense. Grigson needs to go. 

Lawson is slow and Jack has a bum knee.

2 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

It was a safe pick but he wasn't the BPA. Myles Jack and Lawson are much better players then Kelly.  Premium picks on lineman are a waste. Should have went defense. Grigson needs to go. 

Travis Frederick, Tyron Smith, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones

12 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

So,

Costanzo/Mewhort/Kelly/Reitz/Good

is that what we're thinking?

Our left side of the line up to center now is looking pretty darn nice.  Colts still need to shore up that right side though.  Any decent vets left in free agency that might augment the right side of the line?  Don't think a lower round draft pick will be the fix we need for that side for next year but we will see. 

LOVE this pick...love it enough to register to say how much I love this pick.

Love our 3/5 of our OL now..and Good has some potential on the right side. Maybe for the first time since the SBXLI we can run the * ball.