2016 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Maliek Collins goes ahead of Billings?  What's happened to him?

He is thought to be a two down player.  A run stuffer.  And a small one at that.  I saw more disruption, but that's what the reports have been this week.

Maybe he'll drop to our 3rd

Bleacher Report LOVES the Green pick. Grade A from Miller, Grade A+ from Simms... for what it's worth. Especially with a year to sit behind Adams and get coached up, they say he's every bit as athletic as Jalen Ramsey... this is high risk but if it pans out, Grigson is going to look like a genius. 

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

Bleacher Report LOVES the Green pick. Grade A from Miller, Grade A+ from Simms... for what it's worth. Especially with a year to sit behind Adams and get coached up, they say he's every bit as athletic as Jalen Ramsey... this is high risk but if it pans out, Grigson is going to look like a genius. 

Bleacher Report? Oh, now I feel better!!!

5 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

That's why I'm saying I hope Pagano can turn this but he's awful at coverage and can't rackle. 2 things you want in a safety.

He is raw but he had 67 solo tackles good for 5th in ACC. With his offensive back ground and speed he should be able to get to the ball and make a play on it. Chuck will teach him you will see. He is a project..he is a year away from playing but there is no one with his measurables in this draft like him. Have faith it will happen.

7 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

My point is, it is easy for you to sit behind a monitor and judge from you high horse.  You watch a few videos on youtube and call it a day.  They put hundreds of hours into this.  Yes, they can miss.  But there is a lot more riding on their choices than 'forum cred'

Lol... what am I 12 and in junior high?

I have no "forum cred" because

A. That's stupid and

B. I never post here I mostly read.

I have been busy and unable to watch the coverage. Heading home now. What is going on with Billings? 

Anyone like this Alexander kid the Vikes got? Our fans seem to like him but I like to read other fans' opinions. Any thoughts? 

I would have rather had Von Bell. An elite cover safety who can play deep or line up and cover the slot. I guess with a good DB coach like Pagano and his physical tools, hopefully he can develop into a playmaker. I do like his age. He just turned 21. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is raw but he had 67 solo tackles good for 5th in ACC. With his offensive back ground and speed he should be able to get to the ball and make a play on it. Chuck will teach him you will see. He is a project..he is a year away from playing but there is no one with his measurables in this draft like him. Have faith it will happen.

I have faith.  Kinda lol

I'm so hoping I eat so much crow and look like a fool and I expect you to call me on that lol.  

You know I'm extremely surprised at the tackle number.  In games he played in it just seemed like people were barely slipping from his arms.  Who knows?

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Jeremy Cash, the safety from Duke is better than this guy we took from Clemson in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

We took TJ Green over Darian Thompson. SMH...

Pretty much everyone everywhere had Green higher than Thompson and Cash. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have been busy and unable to watch the coverage. Heading home now. What is going on with Billings? 

Anyone like this Alexander kid the Vikes got? Our fans seem to like him but I like to read other fans' opinions. Any thoughts? 

Billings has a knee problem that is scaring teams away

All I can say is we might as well get over the Green thing because he isn't going to play right away and we won't even get a chance to judge the kid for probably a year or two so no matter what nothing will change that tonight. Nobody will win any argument about him. I love his measurables and potential...others rather have someone more polished...but this kid had infinite possibilities. Really you can't project another Db like him so whatever we think he will be one of a kind special if he hits.

Just now, krunk said:

I'm a little puzzled which way Grigs and Pags are going with Green. He's got the length to make a good cornerback and I like the WR background. I believe he was mostly a safety at Clemson

With the speed and the size... I gotta think he is a center fielder who will follow the ball and help the corners over the top.

I am ok with that.

1 minute ago, MrNLM said:

With the speed and the size... I gotta think he is a center fielder who will follow the ball and help the corners over the top.

I am ok with that.

My thoughts too. Going to be hard to get beat deep with his speed back there. 

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He really didn't get tested much last year so he didn't have a lot of numbers. Either that's because offenses were scared or he just didn't make the plays when available. I think he is a solid 2nd rounder. Very confident kid and you need that in your corner. I would have been ok taking him.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All I can say is we might as well get over the Green thing because he isn't going to play right away and we won't even get a chance to judge the kid for probably a year or two so no matter what nothing will change that tonight. Nobody will win any argument about him. I love his measurables and potential...others rather have someone more polished...but this kid had infinite possibilities. Really you can't project another Db like him so whatever we think he will be one of a kind special if he hits.

The question is - was a round 2 the place to take a chance on a project like him? It is, like you said, high risk and high reward. Pagano seems to get more out of the perceived low ceiling guys and makes them overachievers as a DB whisperer, hopefully can take his talent and get him to play like Vontae Davis

36 minutes ago, SuperJoe33 said:

I really like the TJ green pick. He's the 4th fastest secondary player in this draft. Has great size at 6' 2-209. He's a converted WR to FS. Has more interceptions than McKenzie Alexander. Ran faster. And longer arms. And taller. Has a much higher ceiling than probably DB left on the board.

I like your optimism and hope you're right.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm a little puzzled which way Grigs and Pags are going with Green. He's got the length to make a good cornerback and I like the WR background. I believe he was mostly a safety at Clemson

I think he's a safety. He'd be a corner for a zone or press-bail team.