Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which draft coverage are we watching tonight?

2 hours ago, wig said:

Side bar - I am hoping that a mod makes it very clear at the beginning this year that spoilers are not allowed.  Last year that was certainly not the case.

Or people could just be adults if it's spoiled. There are children that handle the truth about Santa better than some people handled the "spoiler." That spoiler = everyone's life was always exactly the same.

NFL Network, though I will be flipping back and forth between the draft and game one of Pens vs. Capitals

30 minutes ago, wig said:

Side bar - I am hoping that a mod makes it very clear at the beginning this year that spoilers are not allowed.  Last year that was certainly not the case.

There isn't really much we can do about it besides ask.  We can tell people not to spoil the pick through Twitter or whatever, but we can't stop them from posting it on here.  And it's not like we can retroactively delete the post because the pick is spoiled once the person hits submit.  But I will make a draft thread, similar to our game threads, and make an announcement for it in that thread

23 minutes ago, wig said:

THIS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

It completely ruint last year with the spoilers from twitter

I suggest locking everything 10 minutes leading up to the pick

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Unfortunately, that's not feasible.  All we can do is ask people not to spoil the pick before the TV announcement and hope for the best.

22 minutes ago, corgi said:

Or people could just be adults if it's spoiled. There are children that handle the truth about Santa better than some people handled the "spoiler." That spoiler = everyone's life was always exactly the same.

The child is the person that decides to be a * for no reason whatsoever.  If people want spoilers, they know where to get them.  Most people enjoy the broadcast without them.

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

NFL Network

There isn't really much we can do about it besides ask.  We can tell people not to spoil the pick through Twitter or whatever, but we can't stop them from posting it on here.  And it's not like we can retroactively delete the post because the pick is spoiled once the person hits submit.  But I will make a draft thread, similar to our game threads, and make an announcement for it in that thread

Obviously if someone wants to spoil something nothing can be done.  But if it's stated that they aren't allowed can you not ban them for 24 hours or something?

6 minutes ago, wig said:

Obviously if someone wants to spoil something nothing can be done.  But if it's stated that they aren't allowed can you not ban them for 24 hours or something?

8 minutes ago, wig said:

The child is the person that decides to be a * for no reason whatsoever.  If people want spoilers, they know where to get them.  Most people enjoy the broadcast without them.

I vote this.  Funny the first one to have an issue with us complaining was probably the very one doing it

23 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

NFL Network, though I will be flipping back and forth between the draft and game one of Pens vs. Capitals

44 minutes ago, wig said:

Same with the chat. I'm going to make an announcement to keep the chat spoiler-free until the pick is announced live, however people will tend to leak it early and there's nothing we can do about it.

15 minutes ago, wig said:

Technically no because he or she isn't breaking a site rule. 

NFL Network. I don't think I can stand listening to Kiper for 3 and a half hours. Of course the first time Mayock mentions "Thick thighs and bubble butts" I might just change my mind but Ill flip back and forth maybe a bit (Between networks, Not thick thighs and bubble butts)

32 minutes ago, wig said:

As @MTC said, they aren't breaking any rules. It may be somewhat annoying, but they haven't done anything to warrant a suspension. 

43 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Best way to go about it is go to the forum after you see each pick is made already so nothing is spoiled

3 hours ago, wig said:

Whomever starts the draft thread should just post ****NO SPOILERS**** in the title. Someone will most likely spoil something, but that's just the nature of the internet.

Just now, corgi said:

Whomever starts the draft thread should just post ****NO SPOILERS**** in the title. Someone will most likely spoil something, but that's just the nature of the internet.

Seeing as how you were the only person I recall doing so, I would think it would be pretty easy.

3 hours ago, wig said:

Wasn't being anything other than me, I was asked to spoil, so I did. I can be an (insert whatever you'd like to call me here), but I don't need to prove anything on the internet.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

I vote this.  Funny the first one to have an issue with us complaining was probably the very one doing it

You're right, I did spoil it after half a dozen or more told me to. I don't have an issue with you complaining, I just think if a draft spoiler is the worst thing about your day then you were pretty lucky all things considered.

Just now, corgi said:

Wasn't being anything other than me, I was asked to spoil, so I did. I can be an (insert whatever you'd like to call me here), but I don't need to prove anything on the internet.

You're right, I did spoil it after half a dozen or more told me to. I don't have an issue with you complaining, I just think if a draft spoiler is the worst thing about your day then you were pretty lucky all things considered.

Or you could simply use the, wait for it, spoiler function.

2 hours ago, wig said:

Seeing as how you were the only person I recall doing so, I would think it would be pretty easy.

I don't plan on it, nor do I plan on being on here during the draft. I almost quit posting after that because instead of dm-ing me with your complaints, people spoke in code about my "actions". I'm not spoiling a thing this year, but if someone does you will live and so will everyone else.

1 minute ago, corgi said:

I don't plan on it, nor do I plan on being on here during the draft. I almost quit posting after that because instead of dm-ing me with your complaints, people spoke in code about my "actions". I'm not spoiling a thing this year, but if someone does you will live and so will everyone else.

well koodos if you dont then.

2 hours ago, wig said:

Or you could simply use the, wait for it, spoiler function.

Look I'm stepping away from this conversation, not because you've proven anything, or because I fear the forthcoming wrath of a group of people I'll most likely never meet irl, but  because it's derailing the actual topic of the post and there's a better than good chance that these comments are going to get deleted by mods anyway.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

ESPN.  Both networks are annoying in their own way.

As far as spoiler:  I don't understand the motivation to knowingly post the pick on here  before the TV has announced it.

Gotta wonder if they giggle when they do it...

No, since I'm 30 I'm a little past the giggling at someone thinking I'm a jerk on the internet phase. 1998 was a long time ago.

6 minutes ago, corgi said:

No, since I'm 30 I'm a little past the giggling at someone thinking I'm a jerk on the internet phase. 1998 was a long time ago.

I was just making a general comment. 

My bad, I didn't know you were already planning on being a spoiler today.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I was just making a general comment. 

My bad, I didn't know you were already planning on being a spoiler today.

read above, I'm not. I was the witch on trial last year, so ahem forgive me for owning up to my actions (albeit silly in the grand scheme) and feeling the need to comment when I feel as though I've been called out. That's kind of me, I speak up when I feel I've been spoken to.

14 minutes ago, corgi said:

Doing something to intentionally ruin the experience for others is still childish...Especially just because you were asked. Harmless of course but still immature. Would you stick your tongue to an electric fence to just because you were asked?. Look Im not calling you a child but that's something some teenager would do or someone that's not quite reached maturity at least.

Just my opinion, I'm staying away from the draft until each pick is made. Don't take what I said as a personal shot to you because it wasn't but just my opinion

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

Doing something to intentionally ruin the experience not is for others is still childish...Especially just because you were asked. Harmless of course but still immature. Would you stick your tongue to an electric fence to just because you were asked?. Look Im not calling you a child but that's something some teenager would do or someone that's not quite reached maturity at least.

Just my opinion, I'm staying away from the draft until each pick is made. Don't take what I said as a personal shot to you because it wasn't but just my opinion

Meh I've known you on here long enough to not be offended or take it personal. Here's the thing, spoilers don't bother me, they never have, It can certainly take away from the experience to a degree, but you still have the experience.

I wouldn't do anything I was asked to if I didn't want to. Had I read anywhere that people were adamantly against me spoiling it, I would have never done it. I don't get my kicks from being that guy on the internet or IRL. If i ruined it, then sorry (I guess) wasn't my intention to upset anyone or to ruin someones day.

Not directed at you Gavin, but reiterating the point that I'm not spoiling anything tonight. Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

30 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with the draft, but who you got winning that series?

(there is only one correct answer)

Capitals! I'm a huge Ovechkin fan and I really wanna see him win a ring before he retires. I think they're the most complete team. To this day, I curse McPhee for trading Filip Forsberg. But I think they have what it takes to go all the way this year. Although, the Pens are hot right now, so it'll be a good series. Who do you have?