Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RockThatBlue

With the 18th pick the Indianapolis Colts select...

Recommended Posts

I predict Andrew Billings. If we don't get him, I pray it's Jack Conklin. As long as it's not Ryan Kelly or Noah Spence, I'll probably be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noah Spence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OG Cody Whitehair. Why? Because although we then finally take an O-line in the first round, people can still freak out about all the talent Grigson felt at the table! :peek:

 

Seriously? I have no idea, but probably a DL/DT guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Reggie Ragland, LB

 

And the board will have a meltdown....again

I don't think it matters the pick there will be a meltdown .... again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, B~Town said:

I don't think it matters the pick there will be a meltdown .... again

I think Kelly would be cheered because most of the posters here are convinced that the only way to fix the center is to draft for need and take Kelly in the first.

 

Any pick that's not Kelly or Spence is going to cause a meltdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got about 10 names that wouldn't surprise me, in no particular order:

 

Ryan Kelly

Jack Conklin

Reggie Ragland

Leonard Floyd

Andrew Billings

Noah Spence

Robert Nkemdiche 

Karl Joseph

Taylor Decker

Jarran Reed

 

So there's like a 60% chance our pick is one of those lol, I have no idea with Grigson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think Kelly would be cheered because most of the posters here are convinced that the only way to fix the center is to draft for need and take Kelly in the first.

 

Any pick that's not Kelly or Spence is going to cause a meltdown.

 

Even Kelly or Spence would cause a meltdown.  I don't think there's a single prospect that could get selected that the entire board would be happy with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

 

Even Kelly or Spence would cause a meltdown.  I don't think there's a single prospect that could get selected that the entire board would be happy with.

Agreed! I feel like even if we somehow ended up with Laremy Tunsil or Jalen Ramsey there would still be some people who would complain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think Kelly would be cheered because most of the posters here are convinced that the only way to fix the center is to draft for need and take Kelly in the first.

 

Any pick that's not Kelly or Spence is going to cause a meltdown.

Spence is a forum crasher pick ehh that out rage will be epic  Grigs best and worst picks have all be met with meltdowns don't really matter who he picks never seems to go with players posters on here want or even have on there radar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Reggie Ragland, LB

 

And the board will have a meltdown....again

Lol, what if we drafted Decker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Mayocks draft board is any indication, Reed or Billings.

 

Hoping for Shaq. 

 

Wouldn't be disappounted, but still skeptical if Floyd.

 

Kelly, but only if we trade down. Don't care how small of compensation at this point as long as it's not at 18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

 

Even Kelly or Spence would cause a meltdown.  I don't think there's a single prospect that could get selected that the entire board would be happy with.

The thing with those 2 picks is that they're "need" picks. And there are more people who would prefer to draft for need and take risks than there are people who say go BPA within reason. 

 

Basically if if we don't draft for need, most people will be disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly, unless he's gone by then.

 

I think its pretty clear that Kelly is going to be the pick, unless Floyd drops...which he won't.

 

I say Kelly because I don't know how you can definitely upgrade the C position by relying upon Blythe, Allen, Boehm and the rest to be any better than KH.  And upgrading the position by counting upon Martin to be there at 48 is very risky.

 

I think Billings is dropping relative to Vernon Butler and Chris Jones.  I'm hoping he's there at 48.

 

Spence has 31 inch long arms.  Pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The thing with those 2 picks is that they're "need" picks. And there are more people who would prefer to draft for need and take risks than there are people who say go BPA within reason. 

 

Basically if if we don't draft for need, most people will be disappointed.

 

but, you have the red flags with Spence and the fact that most people don't consider C a 1st round value...that's why I say even if the pick is one of those 2 guys, there will still be outrage by some.  

 

DeForest Buckner or Jalen Ramsey could fall to the Colts, get selected and there would STILL be at least a minor outrage by some.  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

 

but, you have the red flags with Spence and the fact that most people don't consider C a 1st round value...that's why I say even if the pick is one of those 2 guys, there will still be outrage by some.  

 

DeForest Buckner or Jalen Ramsey could fall to the Colts, get selected and there would STILL be at least a minor outrage by some.  lol

If there's an outrage for Buckner or Ramsey, than the person is obviously trolling at that point. There are about half of us that are reasonable here. My picks for us that I like are Billings and Conklin, but I would like Kelly or Spence if we traded down and got them, just not at 18. The thing that would upset someone like me, is if we reached at 18 and took someone that's a late 1st, early 2nd, without getting sufficient value first. Kinda like Bruce Irvin for the Seahawks a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Kelly, unless he's gone by then.

 

I think its pretty clear that Kelly is going to be the pick, unless Floyd drops...which he won't.

 

I say Kelly because I don't know how you can definitely upgrade the C position by relying upon Blythe, Allen, Boehm and the rest to be any better than KH.  And upgrading the position by counting upon Martin to be there at 48 is very risky.

 

I think Billings is dropping relative to Vernon Butler and Chris Jones.  I'm hoping he's there at 48.

 

Spence has 31 inch long arms.  Pass.

How do you call Kelly a 1st rounder when he has 2 things going against at the start.  I'll give you that he is a good run blocker, but Kelly lacks in Pass Pro.  Second, he is from Alabama.  Alabama O-line men have taken a few years to getting adjusted to the NFL and I am against taking a project to protect Luck.

 

We need an impact player this year, instead of a project 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

How do you call Kelly a 1st rounder when he has 2 things going against at the start.  I'll give you that he is a good run blocker, but Kelly lacks in Pass Pro.  Second, he is from Alabama.  Alabama O-line men have taken a few years to getting adjusted to the NFL and I am against taking a project to protect Luck.

 

We need an impact player this year, instead of a project 

 

lol..now Ryan Kelly is a project because of other OL that have come from the school.  :loco:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason_S said:

 

lol..now Ryan Kelly is a project because of other OL that have come from the school.  :loco:

Kelly is a project for the reasons I stated.  You want to add 1 more: we wouldn't be talking about him if he hadn't played for Alabama.

 

I am not willing to trust Luck's health to an Alabama O-lineman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If there's an outrage for Buckner or Ramsey, than the person is obviously trolling at that point. 

 

well duh. lol   Most of the outrage expressed on this board is nothing more than trolling. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we trade back and get an extra second rounder ....but if we hold the 18th pick, i'd do cartwheels if we got Nkemdiche.  ....i know i'm in the minority here, but he's got the ability and has already demonstrated it ....it's not like he's a "potential" type of guy that hasn't reached it yet. ...he's played very big at times ....just need to get him to do it more consistently ....he's freakish ..i'm willing to take the risk with his off the field stuff as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...