Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor Decker

19 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I don't understand RT being a round 1 need. With Good and Reitz respectable at that position I'd rather go OC/OG in the draft. Kelly is the only one at 18 I'd take unless we trade down and take Whitehair

I'm okay with picking up a tackle in he first round who can Convert and become a guard.  I'm not okay with picking up a pure tackle like Decker.  I mean it wouldn't be a curse if it happened, but I don't think that is the cure for the issues. 

The Taylor Decker stuff comes from the media feeling like we need to switch our strategy in the first round from BPA to BLA. Best Lineman Available, so if Jack Conklin is off the board then the next best Lineman available to them would be Taylor Decker. I first heard this coming of the lips of Mel Kiper and it seems everybody started repeating it.  Obviously we know Grigson is not going to draft like that, but I guess they thought they would try it .

21 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Again, I'm not pushing for him.  But if you want to get a more detailed opinion about his pass blocking, check out this article.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/1/18/10764734/taylor-decker-scouting-report-2016-nfl-draft-profile-ohio-state

Some people get paid to write this stuff.
 This amateur is way off target, JMO of course.