Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scouts Agree: This WR Class is poor....

Yeah the class is poor.

Coleman is overrated. He's just another small, super fast slot guy like Brandon Cooks or Tavon Austin.

Fuller is the typical speedy outside guy with little technique and questionable hands like Devin Smith or Tedd Ginn.

Michael Thomas is uninteresting.

4.63 is a really bad time for Treadwell even though he's a possession receiver. Mike Evans ran a 4.53 and he's 6'5". Benjamin ran a 4.6 at the same size. 4.63 for a guy who is the same size and Moncrief and supposedly better is unacceptable. Doctson is the best receiver in this class IMO.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

An NFL.com story polling NFL scouts....    Treadwell comes out on top...   Doctson is second... 

Click, scroll and read for more details....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000654976/article/nfc-personnel-director-says-drafts-wr-class-a-bad-group

I have been hearing this for some time.  That is why I was surprised that PFF's top 40 players included 8 wide receivers.  

I want Doctson but I would be pleased with Shepard and Treadwell too.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Coleman is overrated. He's just another small, super fast slot guy like Brandon Cooks or Tavon Austin.

Or TY, or John Brown. He has a low floor but also an extremely high ceiling. 

This is clearly not an anonymous report. Detroit's PD gave himself away, because they havent had a clue how to add WR talent unlets its an obvious future HOF'er like Calvin Johnson. I disagree with that article in its entirety. There may not be any obvious Top 5 WR, but there are lots of good WRs in this class. 

To me, this article is a very bad smoke screen

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

This is clearly not an anonymous report. Detroit's PD gave himself away, because they havent had a clue how to add WR talent unlets its an obvious future HOF'er like Calvin Johnson. I disagree with that article in its entirety. There may not be any obvious Top 5 WR, but there are lots of good WRs in this class. 

To me, this article is a very bad smoke screen

I'm not sure what there is to disagree with?

It's not like we haven't been hearing and reading about this for some time now.    And now you have a poll of NFL scouts that say this class isn't very good.

There is basically no one special.     There's no Amari Cooper, who went top-5....   of the kid that Buffalo spent TWO 1st round draft picks on who went top-5.        

There are some nice decent OK WR's....    and more question marks than not.    Remember the last few years have been some of the best classes in the history of the draft.      This one is a long ways from that.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not sure what there is to disagree with?

It's not like we haven't been hearing and reading about this for some time now.    And now you have a poll of NFL scouts that say this class isn't very good.

There is basically no one special.     There's no Amari Cooper, who went top-5....   of the kid that Buffalo spent TWO 1st round draft picks on who went top-5.        

There are some nice decent OK WR's....    and more question marks than not.    Remember the last few years have been some of the best classes in the history of the draft.      This one is a long ways from that.

That's what I mean. The scouts seem to be of the opinion that because there are no elite talents, that it is a poor class. I'm saying that it's not poor because there are tons role guys. Maybe I'm just optimistic, but when there's 15+ guys that are 3rd round talents or better ( 3 or 4 who may go in the 1st)  that's not the markings of a "poor" class.

I'm amazed how slow the class is overall. Slowest class I can remember ever watching.

And the fast guys aren't that impressive overall either.

In an average year, I'm not sure any of these receivers gets a 1st round grade, except maybe Doctson, but he's a long way from polished.