Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kiper's 3 Round "Grade: A" Mock

Just now, krunk said:

He is an inch shorter than Walden

The thing Cravens will have to learn and do a better job at his hand and arm use to be able to shed blocks. As you say he will gain some size and weight once he gets into camp. Chris Borland had height concerns as well. Now he did not have weight concerns (he came into the Combine at 248lbs) that Cravens has (222lbs) but Cravens is 2 inches taller and nearly 3 inch longer arms. Borland showed the ability to get off blocks however (He showed a nasty spin move) but was also quite a bit stronger. Some team will find a spot for Cravens (Panthers.......and as a matter of fact Thomas Davis is probably a better comparison then Borland.....Davis played Safety in college, Seahawks also would be a fit.)

11 minutes ago, Gavin said:

The thing Cravens will have to learn and do a better job at his hand and arm use to be able to shed blocks. As you say he will gain some size and weight once he gets into camp. Chris Borland had height concerns as well. Now he did not have weight concerns (he came into the Combine at 248lbs) that Cravens has (222lbs) but Cravens is 2 inches taller and nearly 3 inch longer arms. Borland showed the ability to get off blocks however (He showed a nasty spin move) but was also quite a bit stronger. Some team will find a spot for Cravens (Panthers.......and as a matter of fact Thomas Davis is probably a better comparison then Borland.....Davis played Safety in college, Seahawks also would be a fit.)

I also thought about Thomas Davis as well.   I'm not limiting Cravens to the SAM or saying that's what he should be.  I just think he's versatile enough to be used at multiple linebacker spots.  Some of the issues to me are related to weight more than anything else to me.  For us he will likely be a Dime Linebacker or play the Will primarily.  If you decide you want him to be a WILL linebacker and bulk him up to 242 or so I think he'd be big enough and versatile enough to take his experience at 4-3 SAM and carry that over to 3-4 SAM if we needed that to happen also..  I look at what is possible with a guys skill set, not necessarily what's being done with him at the moment.  Everybody may not agree with where I'm going.

1 hour ago, UKColt13 said:

I prefer Kwiatkoski in the 5th to Cavens. Kwiatkoski is a former Safety converted into a full-time LB. He is excellent in coverage and has the size desired in an ILB. 

Unless there's something wrong with Kwiatkowski that we don't know about,  I think he'll be gone long before the 5th round.      Late 3 or 4th round is what I'm reading most everywhere......