Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21isSuperman

2016 Colts Forum Mock Draft 2.0

I wanted him at #33, did not think he'd survive till #43 but feel he would add an excellent weapon for Mariota. I feel he has short area quickness like an Antonio Brown or OBJ and would be difficult to play against in the AFC South.

With the 43rd pick, the Titans select Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma

@OffensivelyPC is next up for the Raiders :)

Raiders have several needs, but none of them is a better value pick than:

With the 44th Pick, the Raiders Select Vonn Bell, Safety, Ohio State.

@chad72 You and the Titans are back om the clock.

With the 45th pick, the Titans select Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State

@Superman is next for the Detroit Lions

The Minnesota Vikings and the Indianapolis Colts have agreed to a trade.  Minnesota receives the Colts second round draft pick (#48) in exchange for the Vikings 2nd round pick (#54), 4th round pick (#121), and the second of two 7th rounders (#244). :shake:    @CheezyColt Please confirm. Thank you.

@Superman Detroit is still on the clock.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Minnesota Vikings and the Indianapolis Colts have agreed to a trade.  Minnesota receives the Colts second round draft pick (#48) in exchange for the Vikings 2nd round pick (#54), 4th round pick (#121), and the second of two 7th rounders (#244). :shake:    @CheezyColt Please confirm. Thank you.

@Superman Detroit is still on the clock.

Confirmed

Sorry about the delay.

We have a trade. Waiting for confirmation.

Lions receive 49 and 148

Bucs receive 46 and 236

Good morning,

With the 48th pick of the 2016 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State.

@Superman The Lions are now on the clock.

21 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Can you guys try an get an update for players available please?

Its on the first page of the thread. It gets updated at least once or twice a day.

@Exodus and the Falcons are on the board.

Top remaining prospects:

DT Austin Johnson Penn State
WR Will Fuller Notre Dame
RB Kenneth Dixon Louisiana Tech
OT Germain Ifedi Texas A&M
RB Derrick Henry Alabama

WR Braxton Miller Ohio State
DE Shilique Calhoun Michigan State
C Nick Martin Notre Dame
WR Tyler Boyd Pittsburgh
DT Sheldon Day Notre Dame
S Darian Thompson Boise State
TE Austin Hooper Stanford
S Jeremy Cash Duke
OT Shon Coleman Auburn
DT Jihad Ward Illinois

Recent and upcoming picks:

2-47 New Orleans Saints: Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida
2-48 Minnesota Vikings (trade): Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State
2-49 Detroit Lions (trade #1) (trade #2): Kenny Clark, DT UCLA
2-50 Atlanta Falcons
2-51 New York Jets
2-52 Houston Texans
2-53 Washington Redskins
2-54 Indianapolis Colts (trade)
2-55 Cincinnati Bengals
2-56 Seattle Seahawks

@Exodus has slightly over 1 hour remaining and will be given Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame.  I don't think the Falcons would take a DL at this point. They don't have much for WR depth behind Julio, so I think Fuller makes more sense than Austin Johnson.

@stitches and the Jets would be up next

32 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

@Exodus has slightly over 1 hour remaining and will be given Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame.  I don't think the Falcons would take a DL at this point. They don't have much for WR depth behind Julio, so I think Fuller makes more sense than Austin Johnson.

@stitches and the Jets would be up next

It's funny you say this, I was thinking last night at work how if he was available, I'd probably take him

With the 50th pick, the Atlanta Falcons select Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame 

@stitches and the Jets are on the clock

With the 51st pick the Jets select offensive guard Joshua Garnett from Stanford.

Houston Texans and @QwizBoyare on the clock ...

With the 52nd overall pick, the Houston Texans select Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M. 

@tweezy32 the Redskins are on the clock. 

Ouch, and the trade back sees the Colts missing out on their top target by one pick and the run on offensive linemen can be felt here.

At this point the Colts can try for a different offensive lineman, go for the D Line, go for a safety that the team really seems to like, or double down on pass rush. There's also a Heisman winning running back on the board that could be tempting.

Looking at the board, the Colts decide it's best to continue to bolster the pass rush. With the 54th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Shalique Calhoun, Michigan State University. 

Bengals are on the Clock.

1 hour ago, CheezyColt said:

Ouch, and the trade back sees the Colts missing out on their top target by one pick and the run on offensive linemen can be felt here.

At this point the Colts can try for a different offensive lineman, go for the D Line, go for a safety that the team really seems to like, or double down on pass rush. There's also a Heisman winning running back on the board that could be tempting.

Looking at the board, the Colts decide it's best to continue to bolster the pass rush. With the 54th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Shalique Calhoun, Michigan State University. 

Bengals are on the Clock.

I love the pick but with Spence chosen I would have picked Darian Thompson.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I love the pick but with Spence chosen I would have picked Darian Thompson.

I thought very seriously about doing just that. I'd be ok with it, just thought in this instance that getting another pass rusher would be beneficial. Was really shooting for Martin or Garnett, and I could have had my choice of either had I not moved back. But I picked up an extra 4 and 7 and that's just the price I had to pay I guess! 

Updated draft board:

2-53 Washington Redskins: Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame
2-54 Indianapolis Colts (trade): Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State
2-55 Cincinnati Bengals: Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
2-56 Seattle Seahawks
2-57 Green Bay Packers
2-58 Pittsburgh Steelers
2-59 Kansas City Chiefs

Updated big board:

DT Austin Johnson Penn State
RB Kenneth Dixon Louisiana Tech
RB Derrick Henry Alabama

WR Braxton Miller Ohio State
DT Sheldon Day Notre Dame
S Darian Thompson Boise State
TE Austin Hooper Stanford
S Jeremy Cash Duke
OT Shon Coleman Auburn
DT Jihad Ward Illinois
TE Nick Vannett Ohio State
OLB Kyler Fackrell Utah State
DE Carl Nassib Penn State

With the 56th pick in the NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select Penn State DT Austin Johnson.

The Green Bay Packers are on the clock.

@bap03Colts

With the 58th pick in the draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers will finally get some secondary help by picking up Darian Thompson, FS.

@bap03Colts and the Kansas City Chiefs are now on the clock

With the 60th pick of the 2016 NFL draft the Patriots pick starting left corner Rutgers.  :).

Just a little Patriots Rutgers humor.  :).

With the 60th pick of the 2016 NFL draft the Patriots pick OG Christian Westerman, Arizona.

Yehoodi you are on the clock.  Oh wait that is me.  

With the 61st pick of the 2016 NFL draft the Patriots pick Bronson Kaufusi, BYU.

The Carolina Panthers and @fooballlax31. are on the clock.

(sorry was not able to type after the name and then it was not able to reenter)

27 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

@21isSuperman the name tags are not working right, I can not get footballlax31 again.

Thanks.

I just go to the profile page of theirs, insert the link with their name written with an '@' in front if the name tags don't work.