They really feel invincible at the highest level of sports, look at any professional sports team in the country, look at their franchise value compared to 10 years ago, even 5 years ago,the values not only go up they go way up, the sorriest franchise of the last 50 years the Clippers sold for over a billion a few years ago, the Clippers, a team you couldn't pay most people to sit and watch for two hours, are worth over a billion!!! Sports franchises can basically do whatever they want, they will never have any competition, so here are the options
1. quit cold turkey, and when people bring up sports, just say I used to watch it before.. or just avoid.
drawback-if you had a past addiction, you will have to avoid going out to eat on Sunday, because almost every place has on the game.
2. become a casual fan who only watches if they make the Super Bowl (the I only watch for the halftime and commercials fan)drawback-this one works easier if you are female
3. put all the weekend energy into something else, lakes, crafts & woodwork, R&R, travel,outdoors, family,
because there literally is nothing on the TV to watch on the weekends besides live sports. drawback-living in the northern part of the U.S.
4. go to radio/internet only, something I have done in the past, most of the changes will evaporate and it is just about the game& field position, drawbacks-instant replay
5. continue to be a fan, but let them know your opinion, and become an outspoken critic, let them know your displeasure constantly week after week, and when they say "go find another team", or "we don't want you as a fan", don't listen to them, and just articulate your displeasure. If enough people do this, they will listen they will have to, don't believe me, take a look at how many sports franchises change their logo and uniforms and a decade later they add a third jersey, and eventually the classic jersey is back. Brewers, Padres, Astros, Blue Jays, NY Giants, Chargers, Rams,Islanders, Sabres, Capitals, Coyotes, Pistons, 76ers, Warriors, etc
drawback-people will avoid you like covid-19
My over/under on Mahomes SB wins as a starter is 2.5. He still is young so it is possible he could win 3? Only 12 OB's have won 2 or more as a starter, winning 3 is really tough. Only Brady who has won 6, Bradshaw 4, Montana 4, and Aikman 3 have done so. Peyton didn't get #2 until his final season. Rodgers and Brees still only have 1 and look how great they have been. There are rarity's like Eli and Ben winning 2 but they had great defenses in doing so, Chiefs defense is ok but nowhere near great.