Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY McGill

Colts_Fan12

I'm not really familiar with him is he more of a NT or DE in Langfords role? I ask cause I'm curious what a future line may look like if we took billings at 18 and if McGill continued to develop. Any chance it could be Anderson-Billings-McGill and be successful?? 

All I know is he was undrafted and was on the Seahawks for a little bit.  We got him and was a rotation guy for d line. He had a safety during the miami game last year. I think he can develop into a solid rotation player for us 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hBhT4nmsKTM

From this video I think he is an 1 technique and lined up a nose but I could be wrong

Hope this helps

McGill is more of a 3-4 DE or DT. The only NTs Indy has right now are Parry, Kerr, and possibly Art Jones. 

But getting a player like Billings would go a long way to making this DL much better. 

Id still like to see them trade down first and get an extra 2 or 3. 

I keep reading where some say the Colts need to trade down and pick up extra picks. Finding a team that is willing to give up more than what a player is worth to them is not as easy as snapping your finger. Most of those type of deals happen when a QB is needed. I don't see that happening with this years draft. Especially at pick #18.

39 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm not really familiar with him is he more of a NT or DE in Langfords role? I ask cause I'm curious what a future line may look like if we took billings at 18 and if McGill continued to develop. Any chance it could be Anderson-Billings-McGill and be successful?? 

3 technique penetrator. Same position as Art Jones except you would not play mcgill at nose unless maybe on passing downs where he could beat the center with his quickness.

44 minutes ago, krunk said:

3 technique penetrator. Same position as Art Jones except you would not play mcgill at nose unless maybe on passing downs where he could beat the center with his quickness.

So he's basically andersons backup then unless he were to somehow pass him 

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

So he's basically andersons backup then unless he were to somehow pass him 

Yeah he's depth, but talented. Competition could be brought in to beat him out I think, but he's worth keeping.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah he's depth, but talented. Competition could be brought in to beat him out I think, but he's worth keeping.

Alright my real main question was just if he could ever be the successor to Langford if he kept developing 

thanks to everyone for the replies  

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Alright my real main question was just if he could ever be the successor to Langford if he kept developing 

thanks to everyone for the replies  

Look around and i don`t think you find many 6' tall 3-4 starting defensive ends. But rotational? Yes and he can be moved around. We Must develop SOMEBODY Sometime!!
 TY shows some Plus potential as a pass rusher.
 And we play A Lot of 4-2-5. So TY looks promising as one of our 2 inside pass rushers on 2nd, and 3rd and long. GO TY!!!