Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heavy Rain Forecast For San Fran

LightninMax

This favors the 49ers.

I love Eli Manning but they are not a great running team. They have been getting by on Eli being able to throw the ball a lot this season. A sloppy track favors the team who is better at running and who has the better defense and that's the home team the 49ers. With that said this wouldn't be the first time Eli Manning's Giant beat the odds in a playoff game.

This favors the 49ers.

I love Eli Manning but they are not a great running team. They have been getting by on Eli being able to throw the ball a lot this season. A sloppy track favors the team who is better at running and who has the better defense and that's the home team the 49ers. With that said this wouldn't be the first time Eli Manning's Giant beat the odds in a playoff game.

Rainy conditions favors the offense more than it does the defense. A receiver already knows the route he's running and can compensate for the muddy conditions, but a defender doesn't have that luxury and is going to have to stop on a dime (in muddy conditions) to make a play. Plus I think that the Giants can run the ball just as effectively as the Niners can. That 32 ranked run offense stat is a little skewed because of the loss of Bradshaw for a significant part of the season.

I love Eli.... I root for him because of Peyton. i don't want him to win BECAUSE....I dont want to hear or read....

Eli Manning hoists the Lombardi in the house that Peyton built....BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

Plus my wife is a niner fan... haha and I love her more than Eli...

For those that didn't catch it. Jimmy Johnson says the rain will favor the best tackling team. He questioned the Giants secondary tackling abilitiy. Shannon Sharpe said the rain will negate both teams running games and the QB that wins it in the fourth quarter will be the difference. He tilts toward Eli on that one.