Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stitches

Official Colts Forum 2016 Mock Draft - Selection Thread (Make your picks here)

Recommended Posts

With the 11th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears run to the podium to select DeForest Buckner, University of Oregon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

With the 11th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears run to the podium to select DeForest Buckner, University of Oregon.

Good pick.  If he slipped to #15, I would have taken him in a heartbeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:
  1. Jets would like to make an offer to trade up, but the GM has to put the baby girl to sleep first... @CheezyColt @Archer

Sorry OPC, my first choice is on the board, so I don't think I'll trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Baaah...can't blame you for that. 

Yeah, if Giants had taken him, I may have considered it. Couldn't really walk away from him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 12th pick, the NO Saints select Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson.  @Superman is on the clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What did the Jags get for going from 5 to 9? Anyone?

Trade Announcement!! Tampa Bay sends the 9th pick and a third and fifth next year in exchange for the 5th pick in the draft!! @stitches @MPStack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Trade Announcement!! Tampa Bay sends the 9th pick and a third and fifth next year in exchange for the 5th pick in the draft!! @stitches @MPStack

  •  

 

Thanks. So, nothing to worry about for this year then :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The AFC South as a division has improved, especially at the QB position. Luck can sling it, Mariota can sling it and now they added Osweiler to team with DeAndre Hopkins. 

 

You can never have enough secondary horses, like the Broncos showed with Chris Harris, Aqib Talib and Bradley Roby.

 

Thus, the Jacksonville Jaguars select  VERNON HARGREAVES III, CB - FLORIDA

This is why I like Chad72. He always provides context in whatever he writes. He gives you an overview of field generals in the AFC South & justifies that with the rise of QBs who can heave accurate long passes the necessity for upper-crust DBs. 

 

Me? Hades I'm no draft guru. Nor do I wish to become one. I know who I lean on for analysis though: Dustin, krunk, Colts Legacy, Superman, Jvan, Jay Kirk, Archer, BrentMc11...

 

I know my limitations. So, I just shut up & listen to NFL experts much smarter than me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

@Superman  If that offer is still on the table, I'll make the trade.

 

13 minutes ago, bap03Colts said:

The Lions are open to trading up @Superman 

 

:: diabolical laugh ::

 

Give me a minute...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Wown,  ragland at 10..  first real shocker to me. 

 

@Archer is on the clock

The giants need a ilb, I really thought about Buckner but I have ragland higher on my board than I do Lee and DL is a little deeper this year then game changing line backers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

you pick Lawson right archer. I saw it in your profile. But you posted in the whrong thread.

He posted it here, which is the right place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We may have a storage wars moment here...

YEEEEEEP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twfish said:

The giants need a ilb, I really thought about Buckner but I have ragland higher on my board than I do Lee and DL is a little deeper this year then game changing line backers

OK,   it's your pick.   I was just a bit surprised 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another request for @Superman or @21isSuperman: Can you guys put a line through the list of top ranked players posted just below the official draft board? That way we can get a quick idea of who is available.  There have been quite a few surprising picks already that don't match anywhere near the ranking list so people as this goes may not even realize who is still on the board when they pick.  Thanks in advance! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

OK,   it's your pick.   I was just a bit surprised 

Oh I totally understand why it's surprising lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Another request for @Superman or @21isSuperman: Can you guys put a line through the list of top ranked players posted just below the official draft board? That way we can get a quick idea of who is available.  There have been quite a few surprising picks already that don't match anywhere near the ranking list so people as this goes may not even realize who is still on the board when they pick.  Thanks in advance! 

I could.....it would just cost you a first round pick.

 

Just jokes.  Here ya go.  The top 32 ranked prospect on the Fanspeak big board updated.

 

10 OT  RONNIE STANLEY - NOTRE DAME

11 ILB  DARRON LEE - OHIO STATE

12 WR  LAQUON TREADWELL - OLE MISS

13 DE  NOAH SPENCE - EASTERN KENTUCKY

14 DT  SHELDON RANKINS - LOUISVILLE

16 CB  MACKENSIE ALEXANDER - CLEMSON

17 DT  A'SHAWN ROBINSON - ALABAMA

18 OT  TAYLOR DECKER - OHIO STATE

19 DT  ANDREW BILLINGS - BAYLOR

20 OLB  LEONARD FLOYD - GEORGIA

22 DT  JARRAN REED - ALABAMA

24 DE  EMMANUEL OGBAH - OKLAHOMA STATE

25 WR  COREY COLEMAN - BAYLOR

26 DE  KEVIN DODD - CLEMSON

27 WR  MICHAEL THOMAS - OHIO STATE

28 CB  WILLIAM JACKSON III - HOUSTON

29 CB  ELI APPLE - OHIO STATE

30 OT  GERMAIN IFEDI - TEXAS A&M

31 S  KEANU NEAL - FLORIDA

32 QB  PAXTON LYNCH - MEMPHIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Who are your winners and losers so far

Were barely out of the top 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I could.....it would just cost you a first round pick.

 

Just jokes.  Here ya go.  The top 32 ranked prospect on the Fanspeak big board updated.

 

10 OT  RONNIE STANLEY - NOTRE DAME

11 ILB  DARRON LEE - OHIO STATE

12 WR  LAQUON TREADWELL - OLE MISS

13 DE  NOAH SPENCE - EASTERN KENTUCKY

14 DT  SHELDON RANKINS - LOUISVILLE

16 CB  MACKENSIE ALEXANDER - CLEMSON

17 DT  A'SHAWN ROBINSON - ALABAMA

18 OT  TAYLOR DECKER - OHIO STATE

19 DT  ANDREW BILLINGS - BAYLOR

20 OLB  LEONARD FLOYD - GEORGIA

22 DT  JARRAN REED - ALABAMA

24 DE  EMMANUEL OGBAH - OKLAHOMA STATE

25 WR  COREY COLEMAN - BAYLOR

26 DE  KEVIN DODD - CLEMSON

27 WR  MICHAEL THOMAS - OHIO STATE

28 CB  WILLIAM JACKSON III - HOUSTON

29 CB  ELI APPLE - OHIO STATE

30 OT  GERMAIN IFEDI - TEXAS A&M

31 S  KEANU NEAL - FLORIDA

32 QB  PAXTON LYNCH - MEMPHIS

Thank you for that, but it seems like it would be easier for you and for everyone reading if you just lined out the  chosen people as we go on that one master list which is just below the master draft board.  Many won't even see this for example once we hit page 5 here.   I understand if you don't want to do it, but unfortunately non moderators can't edit anything after a short time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JPFolks said:

Thank you for that, but it seems like it would be easier for you and for everyone reading if you just lined out the  chosen people as we go on that one master list which is just below the master draft board.  Many won't even see this for example once we hit page 5 here.   I understand if you don't want to do it, but unfortunately non moderators can't edit anything after a short time.  

 

1 OT  LAREMY TUNSIL - OLE MISS

2 CB  JALEN RAMSEY - FSU

3 OLB  MYLES JACK - UCLA

4 QB  JARED GOFF - CALIFORNIA

5 DE  JOEY BOSA - OHIO STATE

6 DE  DEFOREST BUCKNER - OREGON

7 RB  EZEKIEL ELLIOTT - OHIO STATE

8 CB  VERNON HARGREAVES III - FLORIDA

9 QB  CARSON WENTZ - NORTH DAKOTA STATE

10 OT  RONNIE STANLEY - NOTRE DAME

11 ILB  DARRON LEE - OHIO STATE

12 WR  LAQUON TREADWELL - OLE MISS

13 DE  NOAH SPENCE - EASTERN KENTUCKY

14 DT  SHELDON RANKINS - LOUISVILLE

15 DE  SHAQ LAWSON - CLEMSON

16 CB  MACKENSIE ALEXANDER - CLEMSON

17 DT  A'SHAWN ROBINSON - ALABAMA

18 OT  TAYLOR DECKER - OHIO STATE

19 DT  ANDREW BILLINGS - BAYLOR

20 OLB  LEONARD FLOYD - GEORGIA

21 OT  JACK CONKLIN - MICHIGAN STATE

22 DT  JARRAN REED - ALABAMA

23 ILB  REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA

24 DE  EMMANUEL OGBAH - OKLAHOMA STATE

25 WR  COREY COLEMAN - BAYLOR

26 DE  KEVIN DODD - CLEMSON

27 WR  MICHAEL THOMAS - OHIO STATE

28 CB  WILLIAM JACKSON III - HOUSTON

29 CB  ELI APPLE - OHIO STATE

30 OT  GERMAIN IFEDI - TEXAS A&M

31 S  KEANU NEAL - FLORIDA

32 QB  PAXTON LYNCH - MEMPHIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 21isSuperman said:

 

1 OT  LAREMY TUNSIL - OLE MISS

2 CB  JALEN RAMSEY - FSU

3 OLB  MYLES JACK - UCLA

4 QB  JARED GOFF - CALIFORNIA

5 DE  JOEY BOSA - OHIO STATE

6 DE  DEFOREST BUCKNER - OREGON

7 RB  EZEKIEL ELLIOTT - OHIO STATE

8 CB  VERNON HARGREAVES III - FLORIDA

9 QB  CARSON WENTZ - NORTH DAKOTA STATE

10 OT  RONNIE STANLEY - NOTRE DAME

11 ILB  DARRON LEE - OHIO STATE

12 WR  LAQUON TREADWELL - OLE MISS

13 DE  NOAH SPENCE - EASTERN KENTUCKY

14 DT  SHELDON RANKINS - LOUISVILLE

15 DE  SHAQ LAWSON - CLEMSON

16 CB  MACKENSIE ALEXANDER - CLEMSON

17 DT  A'SHAWN ROBINSON - ALABAMA

18 OT  TAYLOR DECKER - OHIO STATE

19 DT  ANDREW BILLINGS - BAYLOR

20 OLB  LEONARD FLOYD - GEORGIA

21 OT  JACK CONKLIN - MICHIGAN STATE

22 DT  JARRAN REED - ALABAMA

23 ILB  REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA

24 DE  EMMANUEL OGBAH - OKLAHOMA STATE

25 WR  COREY COLEMAN - BAYLOR

26 DE  KEVIN DODD - CLEMSON

27 WR  MICHAEL THOMAS - OHIO STATE

28 CB  WILLIAM JACKSON III - HOUSTON

29 CB  ELI APPLE - OHIO STATE

30 OT  GERMAIN IFEDI - TEXAS A&M

31 S  KEANU NEAL - FLORIDA

32 QB  PAXTON LYNCH - MEMPHIS

 

I would have told him to kick rocks... ;) jk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superman said:

 

I would have told him to kick rocks... ;) jk

lmao I'm just going to take his first round pick from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bap03Colts said:

With the 13th pick the Detroit Lions select OT Ronnie Stanley

 

@Exodus Is on the clock 

Darn you Lions. Just saw he was still on the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which team is now picking at #16? Is it Miami? It is still showing as Detroit's pick (on the first page of this thread).

 

See you all again tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

Which team is now picking at #16? Is it Miami? It is still showing as Detroit's pick (on the first page of this thread).

 

See you all again tomorrow.

 

I thought I changed it. Yes, Miami is at #16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, we are in the middle of the 1st round and I have not seen one surprise yet. Who is going to be the Seattle of the draft and go outside of the big board and pick someone on their board? All chalk so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

Ok, we are in the middle of the 1st round and I have not seen one surprise yet. Who is going to be the Seattle of the draft and go outside of the big board and pick someone on their board? All chalk so far!

Well, there was like... Ragland at 10, which I thought was a surprise. Also, Buckner fell to 11 and Stanley to 13. If I were the Colts I would have tried to trade up to 10 for Buckner. I think he'd be worth it and is a great fit for 3-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Sigh...........   This is beyond really frustrating.    You're accusing me of things I literally haven't done.     That's very Irish of you.    Really annoying.      You ask for benefit of the doubt while never giving it out yourself.   I've put certain things into bold.   I'll try taking them one at a time.   Your first bold...   that this is not me saying that teams that aren't doing this are stupid.    I'm sorry, but when you declare that you've come up that you think is clearly and obvously better,  that you think you've re-invented the wheel and sliced bread,  it certainly feels like you're casting a disapporving eye toward any team that's not doing things your preferred way as a matter of course.   Then you claim,  that I want Ballard in the building ASAP,  but not before January.    Let me see if you understand this word.....   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Was that clear enough for you?       If Irsay had decided in the spring of 16 to fire Grigson and hire Ballard in the spring, I would've been ok with it.   It's not desirable,  but if Irsay made that call THEN,  I'd be ok with it.     Where YOU mis-read me,  is that roughly 95 of owners make this decision during the season.    They see things they don't like and they decide during the season to make a change -- typically when the season ends.    Sometimes, an exec will be fired during the season and someone like Dorsey comes in during the season to oversee things and learn about the organization.    I'm fine with that.  There's no record of me opposing that.   I start with January,  because that's when the business season starts for front office and coaches.   Period.   The NFL views it as preferrable.    But making the switch in the spring is doable, as I've said in every post, and which you have ignored or confused badly.    But if Ballard had been hired in the spring of 16,  I'd have been fine with it.   This isn't the first time I've said some version of this.    This is not some ah-ha moment.   As to the bold declaring that there are tons of qualified guys and that CHOOSING the best guy is another story.   Here's my reponse to that.   No.   nonsense.     They are the same story.    They are connected.    Because you play down the fact that most GM's and most HC's fail.   They get fired before their 4 or 5 year contracts expire.   The owner has seen enough and makes a change.   Saying there are always qualified guys is meaningless.    Because FINDING the best guy who will succeed, isn't just important,  it's EVERYTHING.   All 32 teams can announce they hired a qualified guy.    That isn't hard.    But the vast majority of teams are introducing his successor in a few years.    That's why a franchise like Pittsburgh has very little turnover either in HC or the front office.   While franchises like the Jets or Buffalo or Miami are introducing someone new so often, you can practically set your watch to it.     Generally speaking,  the new GM has a long history of scouting and evaluating talent.   The new HC has a history of success, both as a position coach and a coordinator.   They can easily be called qualified,  (though new guys like Kliff Kingsbury and Zack Taylor do NOT have a long track record of success)  But the vast majority of hires...   are soon enough fired.   That doesn't speak well to their qualifications.      As to you meaning what you're saying...   Of course you mean what you say and I stated that clearly.  I don't know why this should rub you the wrong way.  I literally wrote that I know you mean what you say.    I said what I said as a rhetorical point,  not an attacking point.    My ultimate point was made at the end of my first post to you.   You typically write persuasive arguments.    You're able to frequently made me see your viewpoint.    But not here.    You accuse me of not considering your argument.    I'm sorry,  I am considering what you write.   But I don't see the typical high quality Superman argument.   I don't see points that connect.    Your argument feels like the one you'd make for doable.   It doesn't convince me at all that it's preferable.  
    • Yeah, Ballard said he's a patient guy, and he doesn't mind waiting to pick. We almost traded back from 34 as well if Rock wasn't there. I personally love the "trade back" strategy at the end of round 1, and wouldn't mind doing it in most every draft. A late 1st for a mid-second and early/mid second (from the Redskins) over two drafts is fine with me!
    • Haven't done research on the 2020 draft yet, but if it ends up having an elite WR or OT, I wouldn't mind trading up this year. We'll have to see where we finish (hopefully 32 ), and make a decision from there. Ballard landing the Redskins 2nd rounder may be a brilliant move.
    • I had us 9-7 just based on guessing/hoping/predicting Luck would be healthy and play great. I was right but a lucky guess, I guess  . I thought that would get us a 6th seed. We won 10 games which got us in.
    • For the first time in a while, I am impressed with the Colts development of players. If this current trend continues, a lot of opinions will change. 
  • Members

    • Nate!

      Nate! 44

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfeva

      coltsfeva 1,110

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyEric07

      IndyEric07 8

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfanej

      coltsfanej 159

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kirie89

      Kirie89 22

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachLite

      CoachLite 369

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...