Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Colts Forum 2016 Mock Draft - Selection Thread (Make your picks here)

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Footballlax31 said:

With the 39 pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Carolina Panthers select WR  JOSH DOCTSON - TCU

I still feel like they need to upgrade their WR core even with Benjamin coming back 

Two of my favorite players have been poached from my personal Big Board. :tvsmash:

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Two of my favorite players have been poached from my personal Big Board. :tvsmash:

LOL!   Ooooops, sorry.  This illustrates exactly what a GM goes through.  And why if as a GM, you, your scout team, and coaches agree on a 'specific guy' that fits, you go get that guy.  If it seems plausible he wont make it to you in a particular round, then you trade up, or you select him a round earlier.  Otherwise, you take your chances. Sorry it didn't work out this time. :Cry:

19 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

LOL!   Ooooops, sorry.  This illustrates exactly what a GM goes through.  And why if as a GM, you, your scout team, and coaches agree on a 'specific guy' that fits, you go get that guy.  If it seems plausible he wont make it to you in a particular round, then you trade up, or you select him a round earlier.  Otherwise, you take your chances. Sorry it didn't work out this time. :Cry:

haha You will get criticism from the BPA supporters. Be careful. 

I think I selected a good player in Sheldon Rankins. I moved up 3 spots to get him. I gave up my #23 pick and my 3rd rd pick for #20and the Jets 4th-round pick. At #20 Rankins has a lot more value than Doctson. There are other receivers that I can take in later rounds.

You should have participated in this. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I think I selected a good player in Sheldon Rankins. I moved up 3 spots to get him. I gave up my #23 pick and my 3rd rd pick for #20and the Jets 4th-round pick. At #20 Rankins has a lot more value than Doctson. There are other receivers that I can take in later rounds.

I see where you are coming from. OTOH...

If you are waiting for Doctson to fall to an area, and you have traded up for others in earlier rounds, he wasn't really BPA at those earlier slots and you shouldn't be upset if someone values him more and he goes off the board before your next normal selection.  Some other team might have him BPA and at an earlier pick.  That's the risk. If he is really worth making your roster, and the coaches want 'him' over other similar guys, you've essentially created him being BPA and will likely have to trade up again to get to a place to take the guy, or risk a chance with him not sliding past other teams.  He didn't. That is what I'm getting at.  Since he is gone, now you hope another target at Need list and your BPA Big Board somewhat closely match at your next selection. If they do not, that is where the BPA vs. Need decision comes into play.  And that is where how big a grade variance between the two is an issue... or not. So best of luck to you in this.  Hope it works out from here.

My schedule may not permit me to be as prompt at signing on at times these days.  So I declined to join with the possibility to not be able to fulfill my responsibilities if I did.

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

My schedule may not permit me to be as prompt at signing on at times these days.  So I declined to join with the possibility to not be able to fulfill my responsibilities if I did.

I get that. I just carry my mobile phone and check in every now and then to make sure I'm not the next person up. I don't want to make others wait.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah I wouldn't take him a round early. I'd move up or back, depending. I liked your move for Rankins. 

26 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I see where you are coming from. OTOH...

If you are waiting for Doctson to fall to an area, and you have traded up for others in earlier rounds, he wasn't really BPA at those earlier slots and you shouldn't be upset if someone values him more and he goes off the board before your next normal selection.  Some other team might have him BPA and at an earlier pick.  That's the risk. If he is really worth making your roster, and the coaches want 'him' over other similar guys, you've essentially created him being BPA and will likely have to trade up again to get to a place to take the guy, or risk a chance with him not sliding past other teams.  He didn't. That is what I'm getting at.  Since he is gone, now you hope another target at Need list and your BPA Big Board somewhat closely match at your next selection. If they do not, that is where the BPA vs. Need decision comes into play.  And that is where how big a grade variance between the two is an issue... or not. So best of luck to you in this.  Hope it works out from here.

I was not really upset. Lol.

I preferred to trade back to get Doctson but I could not find a trade partner. I did not believe he was worth it at #23. While I like him, he is not so much better than some of the other WRs who are still on the board. So yeah, he was not  BPA. There are two other WRs that I like but if there is another player with higher value at another position, I will consider taking that player. 

@Superman is on the clock.

Upcoming picks:

2. 43. Los Angeles Baltimore (trade) - @21isSuperman

2. 44. Oakland - @Exodus

2. 45. Los Angeles Baltimore (trade) - @21isSuperman

2. 46. Detroit Miami (trade, see #13) - @Superman

2. 47. New Orleans - @Archer

2. 48. Indianapolis - @JPFolks

2. 49. Buffalo - @ColtsBleedBlue

2. 50. Atlanta - @scousecolt

2. 51. New York Jets - @OffensivelyPC

17 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

The Bears sent Martellus Bennett away this year. In the 2nd round they draft the consensus top rated tight end in hopes of replacing some of his production.

The Bears select Hunter Henry, Tight End out of Arkansas. 

That is an excellent pick, IMO. I really like him.

38 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah I wouldn't take him a round early. I'd move up or back, depending. I liked your move for Rankins. 

I like what she did too, but you can;t have them all. There are 31 other teams out there.  So if you want a guy get the guy.  {she did, Kudos} If you want another guy and wait for him, and he gets taken, then you compare what it would have cost to get him vs. the pick your are left with taking.  She may well find that she may have lost a couple targeted guys, that maybe it all turned out not so poorly after all.  But then again... well, let's not go there.  ;-)

On 4/16/2016 at 6:10 AM, Superman said:

33 G  CODY WHITEHAIR - KANSAS STATE

34 WR  JOSH DOCTSON - TCU

35 S  KARL JOSEPH - WEST VIRGINIA

36 RB  KENNETH DIXON - LOUISIANA TECH

37 QB  CONNOR COOK - MICHIGAN STATE

38 OLB  JAYLON SMITH - NOTRE DAME

39 DT  VERNON BUTLER - LOUISIANA TECH

40 DT  JONATHAN BULLARD - FLORIDA

41 WR  WILL FULLER - NOTRE DAME

42 OLB  SU'A CRAVENS - USC

43 WR  STERLING SHEPARD - OKLAHOMA

44 DT  KENNY CLARK - UCLA

45 WR  TYLER BOYD - PITT

46 TE  HUNTER HENRY - ARKANSAS

47 S  DARIAN THOMPSON - BOISE STATE

48 DT  CHRIS JONES - MISS. STATE

49 C  RYAN KELLY - ALABAMA

50 RB  DERRICK HENRY - ALABAMA

51 OT  JASON SPRIGGS - INDIANA

52 S  TJ GREEN - CLEMSON

53 CB  XAVIEN HOWARD - BAYLOR

54 DT  MALIEK COLLINS - NEBRASKA

55 CB  HARLAN MILLER - SE LOUISIANA

56 DT  ROBERT NKEMDICHE - OLE MISS

57 CB  KENDALL FULLER - VIRGINIA TECH

58 G  CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN - ARIZONA STATE

59 DE  KAMALEI CORREA - BOISE STATE

60 WR  BRAXTON MILLER - OHIO STATE

61 DT  AUSTIN JOHNSON - PENN STATE

62 WR  CHARONE PEAKE - CLEMSON

63 DT  JIHAD WARD - ILLINOIS

64 G  JOSHUA GARNETT - STANFORD

65 RB  PAUL PERKINS - UCLA

66 DT  HASSAN RIDGEWAY - TEXAS

67 CB  ZACK SANCHEZ - OKLAHOMA

68 DE  SHILIQUE CALHOUN - MICHIGAN STATE

69 RB  JORDAN HOWARD - INDIANA

70 S  JALEN MILLS - LSU

71 OT  JERALD HAWKINS - LSU

72 OT  SHON COLEMAN - AUBURN

73 CB  ARTIE BURNS - MIAMI (FLA.)

74 WR  PHAROH COOPER - SOUTH CAROLINA

75 C  NICK MARTIN - NOTRE DAME

76 WR  LEONTE CARROO - RUTGERS

%0

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

I like what she did too, but you can;t have them all. There are 31 other teams out there.  So if you want a guy get the guy.  {she did, Kudos} If you want another guy and wait for him, and he gets taken, then you compare what it would have cost to get him vs. the pick your are left with taking.  She may well find that she may have lost a couple targeted guys, that maybe it all turned out not so poorly after all.  But then again... well, let's not go there.  ;-)

Yeah you'll really like a lot of guys. Can't have them all, and whatever you do, you're sacrificing your chance to get someone. Everybody knows I like Doctson, but between him and Rankins, it's not a hard decision to make. She had already moved up for Rankins (and if not I'd have taken him), it's hard to move up again in the next round. 

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah you'll really like a lot of guys. Can't have them all, and whatever you do, you're sacrificing your chance to get someone. Everybody knows I like Doctson, but between him and Rankins, it's not a hard decision to make. She had already moved up for Rankins (and if not I'd have taken him), it's hard to move up again in the next round. 

My pick at #54 was going to be Hunter Henry. I like him very much. I had my reasoning all written up and was going to copy and paste it here. I did not expect anyone to take him. It makes a lot of sense for the Bears.

I'm going to make the picks that I would for the Titans that they would have if this were started after the trade. They're not official, just what I would do with the current selections available for TN. 

4 minutes ago, wig said:

I'm going to make the picks that I would for the Titans that they would have if this were started after the trade. They're not official, just what I would do with the current selections available for TN. 

You are mudding up an already cluttered thread

When is @Archer's time up? I believe he has one more hour.

The Colts pick will be next. If Archer and JP do not make picks, Will Fuller will be the Indy pick in the second round. I wonder if the members here would find it "unreasonable" to draft another WR and select someone else?

I had to read quickly to try to determine who was on the board still, and I read a bogus Chris Jones drafting (that was a pretty good joke).  Anyway, if possible I'd like to change #47 to Chris Jones, if possible.  If not, Clark remains the pick.

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

I had to read quickly to try to determine who was on the board still, and I read a bogus Chris Jones drafting (that was a pretty good joke).  Anyway, if possible I'd like to change #47 to Chris Jones, if possible.  If not, Clark remains the pick.

Yeah,   his bogus picks should be removed to avoid confusion 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Personally, I'd leave it the way you have it.  I think Clark is the better prospect of the two anyway.