Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• For me it was between Rock and Turay, and while I think Rock's going to be very very good, I gave Turay the edge (pun intended) based on the flashes he showed before getting hurt. 
    • i would probably trade back( or up to get a QB if it looks like they will be gone), maybe consider lamb   thats pretty early for a DT imo, they would need to be very very good for me to consider a one there.  i would not usually want a guard at 6 either but nelson was worth it, a dt would have to be on that level for me too
    • We'll never know what happened behind the scenes in regards to Luck's retirement.  He may have mentioned it to Irsay or Ballard in March and they told him to "wait on it and see how you feel."   Or, he may have come up with it some time in the summer.  I don't have a problem with the retirement, just when it happened.  It left the organization in a very bad position and if it would have been announced in March, Ballard could have looked into doing something in FA or the draft.  As far as Ballard's philosophy is concerned, I believe in the "build through the draft" philosophy but we have to consider that not all draft picks work out well for most teams, only a small percentage.  If you have holes to fill now, FA is sometimes the only way to go.  Win five years down the road is fine but teams and fans want to win now.  On the other hand, I don't like the idea of signing every FA that hits the market and paying them astronomical salaries.  I would, however, love to see us be a little more active in FA if that's possible.  For example, why not draft a QB and get a FA QB that he can learn from for a year?  A FA DT would help if one isn't available in the draft; waiting until 2021 or 2022 for that great, pass-rushing DT doesn't make any sense when you can get a good one in FA. 
    • Brown, Epenesa, Simmons, Jeudy, Kinlaw, Wirfs, Lamb... Dont care which QBs are drafted... Build that Defense and/or strengthen the Offensive line or Receiving core... No project QBs until round 3. QB in FA...sure.  That QB risk (Lack of production next year(s)) is not worth the draft capital Ballard has built up. If more than one of those guys are available at our pick...Then I’m ok with trading back a couple slots...pick up another 2nd next year. 
  • Members

• adubb84

adubb84 289

• MPStack

MPStack 3,634

• colts52761

colts52761 107

• harrisoncolts88

harrisoncolts88 0

Rookie
    • Nickster

Nickster 308