Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Running Back in Colts history...

RockThatBlue

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Barry was the best pure runner I have ever seen but I hated the way he just quit Football and he was never really on any winning teams, that has to be factored in when ranking these guys. I have him behind Emmitt, Emmitt left his heart and soul out on the field and has the Rushing record to show for it and 3 SB wins. When I did my latest QB Top 5 list, I had Brady 1, Montana 2, and Peyton 3, Unitas was at 4 if you were wondering. Having said that if I was to build a team from scratch I would Draft Peyton #1 in an all-time Draft, Jim Brown would be my 2nd choice. Both those guys IMO could carry Bad teams on their backs and make them winners almost by themselves.

Barry lost almost many yards behind the los than he gained beyond it.  It is just my opinion, it doesn't make it correct my Friend :)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Barry lost almost many yards behind the los than he gained beyond it.  It is just my opinion, it doesn't make it correct my Friend :)

He was an outstanding Running Back but what I still cant get out of mind is when he gained -1 Yards on 13 carries in a Playoff game at Green Bay in 1994. Ever since then I was like, this guy never shows up in the Playoffs. Even Eric Dickerson made a Championship Game and he did it with a horrible QB. - I cant even remember the QB he had but it was in 1985.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was an outstanding Running Back but what I still cant get out of mind is when he gained -1 Yards on 13 carries in a Playoff game at Green Bay in 1994. Ever since then I was like, this guy never shows up in the Playoffs. Even Eric Dickerson made a Championship Game and he did it with a horrible QB. - I cant even remember the QB he had but it was in 1985.

Dieter Brock and Jeff Kemp was the backup.

Lydell Mitchel was my first favorite but that's because I'm old.

I would say that Dickerson was the best pure runner. Faulk probably the all around most dangerous but as far as value on the field give me Edge all day. Great runner both inside and out side the tackles, very good receiver and the last line of defense when it came to protectint the franchise.  His blocking is why I would take him over the others in a heartbeat. 

For the same reason, I might actually take Addai as my second choice. When you have  a QB like Manning or Luck you really need a guy who can pick up the blitz and both those guys did it  as well as anyone.

Just now, wordofmouth said:

I would say that Dickerson was the best pure runner. Faulk probably the all around most dangerous but as far as value on the field give me Edge all day. Great runner both inside and out side the tackles, very good receiver and the last line of defense when it came to protecting the franchise.  His blocking is why I would take him over the others in a heartbeat. 

For the same reason, I might actually take Addai as my second choice. When you have  a QB like Manning or Luck you really need a guy who can pick up the blitz and both those guys did it  as well as anyone.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:57 AM, COLTS449 said:

Man this is a tough one. It'd be between Trent Richardson and Donald Brown. Two 1st round picks that were well worth it.

But na LOL. He was before my time but Dickerson.

You do know that Brown had a better yards per game than Addai? Bunching him with TRich sums your knowledge up pretty well.

14 hours ago, wordofmouth said:

I would say that Dickerson was the best pure runner. Faulk probably the all around most dangerous but as far as value on the field give me Edge all day. Great runner both inside and out side the tackles, very good receiver and the last line of defense when it came to protectint the franchise.  His blocking is why I would take him over the others in a heartbeat. 

I still remember Edgerrins first year we played the San Diego Chargers on the road in week 3. They sent a prime Junior Seau on the blitz all game long and Edge just stoned him every single time. It's the most under appreciated part of his game. He was the best I've ever seen at it.

Edge all the way.

38 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

You do know that Brown had a better yards per game than Addai? Bunching him with TRich sums your knowledge up pretty well.

He helped us out his last year with us.....But was he worth a 1st round pick?

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

He helped us out his last year with us.....But was he worth a 1st round pick?

I was one of the few on here who thought we was under used (and fairly good), and was/has been our only long home run threat. Was he worth a 1st rounder? Good question. Based on others, definitely, but not a good yardstick I'm afraid....

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

I was one of the few on here who thought we was under used (and fairly good), and was/has been our only long home run threat. Was he worth a 1st rounder? Good question. Based on others, definitely, but not a good yardstick I'm afraid....

Off subject. I liked your post and it said "You're not allowed to give a reputation to this poster" ??????? Then the 2nd time it worked fine???

On 4/11/2016 at 0:53 AM, jvan1973 said:

The Halloween 88 game was one of the most dominant performances by a running back in ever saw.     Dickerson was a beast.     But I'm going with edge.    He was here longer and is really only remembered as a Colt. 

too bad james hurt his knee in season 3 or else he'd be the clear cut winner

On 5/3/2017 at 3:39 PM, COLTS449 said:

Wait. Hang on....I mean Mike Hart

Lol, I remember the amount of hype he had. I bought the hype too myself so I'm guilty, he was very good in Michigan though so I thought he would be really good for us too.