Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DE Will Smith shot to death in NO

Colts_Fan12

Former saints DE Will smith was short to death in New Orleans Saturday night after a traffic accident. This is really sad news to hear I don't know many details just what I got from the ESPN App. 

Guess after the the accident some words were said and the other guy opened fire on Will and his wife was even hit. This is just so why kill a man and devastate a family over a car accident. The accident was the shooters fault as well he rear ended will and his wife. 

Prayers go go out for Will and his family. 

This is another senseless act, showing no regard for human life...all because of a car accident. SMH. Smith's wife is in the hospital with 2 gunshot wounds. This is sad and upsetting. He leaves three young kids.

My condolences and prayers go out to his family. I hope his wife makes a full recovery.  

I had a road rager two years ago as the guy was threatening to kill me and followed me for two miles to a Walgreens parking lot. This went down because he was driving crazy and so I launched my 5.0 Mustang to get ahead of this nut and he took it wrong.  Strangely, after I got out of my car he simply drove away. These are the times we live in.

Yep, never take the liberty of flipping anyone on the roads nowadays. Lo behold, the first amendment bows to the second amendment when confronted, so keep your hands and gestures to yourself, and go from point A to point B. 

Senseless tragedy. My prayers for his family, I hope his wife survives and sticks around for the sake of his kids.

My wife's birth mom died in a car accident when she was 10, her Dad wore a neck brace for 3 months just to recover, and survived. It was a drunken driver coming back from the same wedding they attended running a stop sign. She and her sister were sleeping, and thus were relaxed without many injuries, still had to be air lifted from Toledo, OH. Her Dad is still alive and she is very thankful he survived till this day. So you can definitely count on me rooting for Will Smith's wife to survive.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Senseless act. RIP to Will. Always be aware of your surroundings when you are driving because you never know when some nut is going to be driving crazily and is going to go off for the dumbest reasons.

This is very sad. NO REASON...Multiple lives ruined for no reason.

Absolutely horrible...

There are way too many senseless gun deaths in our country. Why don't Canadians (who have plenty of access to firearms) shoot each other in nearly the numbers we do? I mean, why is Toronto relatively safe and as soon as you hop the border, you're in Detroit, which is more dangerous than Kabul? Is it cowboy movies, or what? We are the richest nation in the world (by so much it's ridiculous) and we can't keep our citizens from murdering each other?

I just don't get it. Whatever happened to cussing matches and fist fights?

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Absolutely horrible...

There are way too many senseless gun deaths in our country. Why don't Canadians (who have plenty of access to firearms) shoot each other in nearly the numbers we do? I mean, why is Toronto relatively safe and as soon as you hop the border, you're in Detroit, which is more dangerous than Kabul? Is it cowboy movies, or what? We are the richest nation in the world (by so much it's ridiculous) and we can't keep our citizens from murdering each other?

Cowboy Movies ? What thats just crazy ,  Uh no its weak cowards who are not man enough to face another in a fair fight its the hood mentality . People see a big guy & there scared he knew he was messing with the wrong guy why would you shot the man 6 times .

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

I had a road rager two years ago as the guy was threatening to kill me and followed me for two miles to a Walgreens parking lot. This went down because he was driving crazy and so I launched my 5.0 Mustang to get ahead of this nut and he took it wrong.  Strangely, after I got out of my car he simply drove away. These are the times we live in.

KC..not to preach...glad it ended Ok..

But don't get out of the car if you dont have to......Bad stuff can happen if you get out if the car

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Cowboy Movies ? What thats just crazy ,  Uh no its weak cowards who are not man enough to face another in a fair fight its the hood mentality . People see a big guy & there scared he knew he was messing with the wrong guy why would you shot the man 6 times .

Yeah, I was being facetious about the cowboy movies...

I just think that American culture is too celebratory of shooting people and has always been since there has been an America.

You all are going in an odd direction in this thread at times. Cowboys and real man talk and gun talk....blah. Go watch some movies.

The point is a life has been wasted for no reason and it's sad as hell. No other way to justify it.

Saying he should not have gotten out of the car either or bad stuff happens when you get out of a car is just......pointless too. It's pretty stupid to say to be honest.

Don't blame the victim.

RIP Will and best wishes and luck to his family. This should never have happened.

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

You all are going in an odd direction in this thread at times. Cowboys and real man talk and gun talk....blah. Go watch some movies.

The point is a life has been wasted for no reason and it's sad as hell. No other way to justify it.

Saying he should not have gotten out of the car either or bad stuff happens when you get out of a car is just......pointless too. It's pretty stupid to say to be honest.

Don't blame the victim.

RIP Will and best wishes and luck to his family. This should never have happened.

You are right... I certainly didn't mean to hijack the thread. It just really gets to me when I hear stories about people killing each other over traffic stuff, dumb arguments, or money... It always sets me off

This was a tragedy that, as you said, never should have happened. I really hate that his kids have to grow up without their dad over an auto accident. This type of stuff happens too much, at least where I live, it does. 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

You are right... I certainly didn't mean to hijack the thread. It just really gets to me when I hear stories about people killing each other over traffic stuff, dumb arguments, or money... It always sets me off

This was a tragedy that, as you said, never should have happened. I really hate that his kids have to grow up without their dad over an auto accident. This type of stuff happens too much, at least where I live, it does. 

No problem. It's a pretty sad thing that has to happen and it happens far too often. Nobody should have to die over crap like this.

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Absolutely horrible...

As a Canadian, it's probably because we're too busy apologizing.

"I cut you off?  I'm sorry!"

"No, no, it's my fault, I didn't give you enough space, I'm sorry"

"No, it's my fault.  Sorry.  Let me buy you a coffee"

In all seriousness, the real reason behind the noted difference is probably too political to be appropriate for discussion on these forums.

Some the news that is coming out about the alleged shooter (Guys name isnt deserved to be mentioned) is that the motive behind the shooting may be more than we are thinking. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/10/circumstances-of-will-smith-murder-suggest-scenario-other-than-road-rage/

Either way its a senseless coward act by the shooter. RIP WIll

12 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yeah, I was being facetious about the cowboy movies...

I just think that American culture is too celebratory of shooting people and has always been since there has been an America.

First off this is a sports board no need for political statements bashing my country .

Secondly your wrong . 

:thmup::spit: Your posts are humorous if nothing else .

I realized when I read the cowboy nonsense your message was a political statement it sounds like something a clueless foreigner might think .:dunno:  And I'll leave it at that .

No need to respond I 'm not buying what your selling .

2 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

First off this is a sports board no need for political statements bashing my country .

Secondly your wrong . 

:thmup::spit: Your posts are humorous if nothing else .

I realized when I read the cowboy nonsense your message was a political statement it sounds like something a clueless foreigner might think .:dunno:  And I'll leave it at that .

No need to respond I 'm not buying what your selling .

I wrote a long response and deleted it. It was hard, because there was a lot about your post that I wanted to address, but it's really not worth it to debate personal or political stuff on here... I think its forbidden, anyway. 

I take responsibility for whatever you thought was political or inflammatory about my post. The correct response should have been "RIP", "it's a tragedy" ect.  I apologize for any of your sensibilities I may have offended. 

14 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Some the news that is coming out about the alleged shooter (Guys name isnt deserved to be mentioned) is that the motive behind the shooting may be more than we are thinking. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/10/circumstances-of-will-smith-murder-suggest-scenario-other-than-road-rage/

Either way its a senseless coward act by the shooter. RIP WIll

I saw that.  One of hte most bizarre coincidences ever.  

Cop kills Dad.  Son sues cop.  Cop settles.  Years later, Cop eats dinner with Football Player.  Son's car hits Football Player on the way home.  Son shoots Football Player.

I mean it could be related, but I don'tk now how paragraph #2 which is nothing but fact at this point makes any sense.  

54 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I saw that.  One of hte most bizarre coincidences ever.  

Cop kills Dad.  Son sues cop.  Cop settles.  Years later, Cop eats dinner with Football Player.  Son's car hits Football Player on the way home.  Son shoots Football Player.

I mean it could be related, but I don'tk now how paragraph #2 which is nothing but fact at this point makes any sense.  

I tend to agree with you. I really don't believe in coincidences but this might be the one time it is true. I just think it was in the heat of the moment and road rage played more into it. We have yet to hear anything from an eye witness about what exactly happened and what lead up to the shooting.

On April 10, 2016 at 3:51 PM, chad72 said:

Yep, never take the liberty of flipping anyone on the roads nowadays. Lo behold, the first amendment bows to the second amendment when confronted, so keep your hands and gestures to yourself, and go from point A to point B. 

Senseless tragedy. My prayers for his family, I hope his wife survives and sticks around for the sake of his kids.

My wife's birth mom died in a car accident when she was 10, her Dad wore a neck brace for 3 months just to recover, and survived. It was a drunken driver coming back from the same wedding they attended running a stop sign. She and her sister were sleeping, and thus were relaxed without many injuries, still had to be air lifted from Toledo, OH. Her Dad is still alive and she is very thankful he survived till this day. So you can definitely count on me rooting for Will Smith's wife to survive.

Sorry to hear about your wife's mother perishing in such a tragic way Chad72. I can't even imagine how horrific that would be in real life. My sincerest condolences to your wife Chad. 

22 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

As a Canadian, it's probably because we're too busy apologizing.

"I cut you off?  I'm sorry!"

"No, no, it's my fault, I didn't give you enough space, I'm sorry"

"No, it's my fault.  Sorry.  Let me buy you a coffee"

In all seriousness, the real reason behind the noted difference is probably too political to be appropriate for discussion on these forums.

Your Canadian interaction for comic relief was very clever 21. It's cool that our neighbors to the north are so calm & laid back. Well played. :thmup:

I watched a piece that NFL Network's Steve Wyche did on NFL Network tonight regarding the death of Will Smith tonight & I had 2 issues with it: I know Mr. Smith was a good pass rusher for the Saints for 9 years & he did a lot of charity work in Louisiana. 

"The New Orleans community is aligned with the Saints like no other." --Steve Wyche.

What's that supposed to mean exactly? That the Saints are tighter with their fan base than any other football franchise under the same exact circumstances? Okay, I know that Hurricane Katrina & rebuilding the Superdome game that organization hope when their city was destroyed by levees that broke. I will give them that, but be careful with artistic license by a journalist who creates the false impression than 1 team is more loyal & devoted than another franchise when their squad loses a beloved player in a city. Fans can do this outside their own homes of course. My contention is when government institutions lower flags to half mast for a famous athlete or celebrity. 

The other issue I had was lowering flags in Louisiana for a football player. That practice is usually reserved for Presidents, Sec. of State, Prime Ministers, & cultural icons like Nelson Mandela respected across the globe. 

I feel so sorry for Mr. Smith's spouse having to raise 3 children on her own now. 

On 4/10/2016 at 6:11 PM, Carlos Danger said:

Absolutely horrible...

The simple answer is because the Canadians punish harshly those that use guns in the commission of a crime and punish severely those that obtain their guns illegally.  The US punishes those that don't commit crimes with guns while letting those that do commit crimes with guns off with a slap on the wrist and not only, in certain circumstances, do they not differentiate between guns obtained legally vs illegally but the govt will actually use a catchy slogan like Fast adn Furious to provide illegal guns to criminals.  Canada does not do stuff like that.

On 4/11/2016 at 1:18 PM, Carlos Danger said:

I wrote a long response and deleted it. It was hard, because there was a lot about your post that I wanted to address, but it's really not worth it to debate personal or political stuff on here... I think its forbidden, anyway. 

I take responsibility for whatever you thought was political or inflammatory about my post. The correct response should have been "RIP", "it's a tragedy" ect.  I apologize for any of your sensibilities I may have offended. 

I apologize if I offended you , And yes political & religious stuff is always inflammatory stuff that is a good reason for those discussions to not take place here & against the rules as I know them . However if you would like to send me a personal message your more than welcome to discuss this or anything else I love debate & the opportunity to learn from others hit me with the deleted version if you like . I am a proud Californian & American who now lives in Indiana , I actually have lived in Vancouver & Surry B.C & my baby sisters father is French Canadian . In Vancouver in the early 70's I felt no different than as if I was in the states we are pretty similar IMO however I'm sure things have changed there as much as here so :hat: Nice to meet you .

7 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I apologize if I offended you , And yes political & religious stuff is always inflammatory stuff that is a good reason for those discussions to not take place here & against the rules as I know them . However if you would like to send me a personal message your more than welcome to discuss this or anything else I love debate & the opportunity to learn from others hit me with the deleted version if you like . I am a proud Californian & American who now lives in Indiana , I actually have lived in Vancouver & Surry B.C & my baby sisters father is French Canadian . In Vancouver in the early 70's I felt no different than as if I was in the states we are pretty similar IMO however I'm sure things have changed there as much as here so :hat: Nice to meet you .

I took no offense. I just took another look at my posts after you responded and realized that I really did interject a type of political or inflammatory thing where it really wasn't appropriate. 

Maybe some time I'll bounce some things off you in a private message to get another perspective on something. I also like to learn from people who've had different experiences than I have. 

It's nice to meet you as well... I have had high regard for your posts on here for quite some time. 

On 4/18/2016 at 10:44 PM, Carlos Danger said:

I took no offense. I just took another look at my posts after you responded and realized that I really did interject a type of political or inflammatory thing where it really wasn't appropriate. 

Maybe some time I'll bounce some things off you in a private message to get another perspective on something. I also like to learn from people who've had different experiences than I have. 

It's nice to meet you as well... I have had high regard for your posts on here for quite some time. 

Thank You sir your very kind . I love hearing others perspectives on a host of issues & look forward to the opportunity to discuss anything you wish have a great day,,:)